• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wins for the coming 2022-23 season.

As I read and listen daily to what the Falcons are doing, I ask myself, "Does what they are doing make sense?"  Right now, the answer is, "Yes.  It does."  I'm optimistic most of the time.  I expect the best.

Last season, watching the Falcons, I would think, "I miss having a running QB."  This season we have two!  Matty Ice was sacked a lot.  This may well be the story again this season as nothing much has changed with the offensive line.  But, you can bet it will not happen, over and over, because our QB can't leave the pocket.

With our new "Big Boy" group of pass catchers, I expect improvement in our offense.  I maintain, The best defense is a good offense.  Last season's team spent too much time on defense because we couldn't keep the defense off the field.  I expect our offense to spend more clock time on the field this season, giving our defense more resting time, thus improving them.

Who knows.  Falcons might be better in their run game this season too.  Wouldn't this be great!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 2

I'm optimistic on this Falcon team.  I believe.

Yet, there are those who do not.  Last season saw a 7-win team.  I'm hearing the wins this season is expected to be 5 or 6 at best.  Why?  Because we lost our long-time quarterback.  Because they don't believe in our head coach and his ability to call an offensive game.  Because we have lost our leading pass receiver from last season (Even if he did miss most of last season).  Because we have the same terrible offensive line players that we had last season.  Because this year's schedule is so much harder.

Gee whiz.  If we are to believe all of this, why play at all?  Just admit we can't and just skip the season.  

Note:  Our head coach now has more of "his" players on the roster now and he has a year's experience as a head coach now behind him.  From a receiving group that was paper thin, he now has a full stable of studs.  From a great QB, experienced with the Falcons, we move on to two exciting new men.

Head defensive coach has many new, exciting parts to work his magic on.  I expect a much-improved defense for the upcoming year.  

Team building for the upcoming season is still incomplete.  As the team cuts players before the season kicks off, other players will be added.  And, don't forget,  Falcon's great kicker is coming back !!

😎

• Like 1

Pondering all I read and hear about this Falcon team:

QB Matty Ice is gone.  Award winning, 1st round selected, starter for the Titans for two years, this new QB of Atlanta is currently ranked as the lowest possible in the NFL.  We have him and our newly drafted QB we drafted in round three.  Must not be very good or someone would have taken him much sooner.

Gee whiz.  The only reason that these two aren't ranked lower is because they are on the bottom.  Can't get any lower than last place.

Then there is the experience factor.  Apparently, the Falcons have none.  Starting QB threw one pass last season.  Backup has no NFL experience since he was just drafted.  Only one wide receiver has any experience with the Falcons, and he was a rookie last season.  A tight end, not a wide receiver.  Falcons had the weakest offensive line last season, and nothing has changed.  The Falcons have the weakest backfield in the NFL.  

Add all this to the worst defense in the NFL last season.  They had the fewest sacks, by far.  

After hearing all of this, I must think, "This writer is not really a big Atlanta Falcon fan, is he!"  

🧑‍🔧Still busy, building...

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Your team has the #2 draft pick in the NFL draft.  You need a QB.  The Heisman trophy winning QB is available.  What to do?  What to do?  No!  You take him.

This QB becomes your starter for two seasons and carries you into the playoffs.

After being injured and a backup for two seasons with another team, he is now healthy.  He just signed a new, two-year contract with a new team that just lost their old QB of many, many years.

Marcus Mariota, Falcon's new running QB.  Backed up by Desmond Ritter, rookie running QB!  Life is looking good.

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule

I continue to read the terrible season coming for the Falcons.  Why?  National sports writers who don't really follow Atlanta are really, really down on out QB position.  After all the seasons with Matty Ice under center, expect a big letdown when Marcus Mariota steps on the field.  

They don't have anything good to say about our backup QB.  After all, no one really wanted him until the Falcons took him in round three.  Sour grapes about Atlanta's NFL team.  

Being a Falcon fan since 1966 when Tommy Nobis was the starting middle linebacker in year one, I become excited when I read about everything that is happening this offseason.  I believe in what they are doing.  Atlanta has all that dead payroll money and can't spend big.  

Then I read about how terrible this team is going to be without Matty Ice.  Pitiful.  Worst backfield in the NFL.  In fact, when you name the worst anything in the NFL, if Atlanta isn't #1 they are close.

Don't matter.  I'm still a Falcon fan !!

🧑‍🔧Under repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest report:  Offense rating for all NFL teams for this upcoming season.  #1 is the best and #32 is the worst.  The Atlanta Falcons are ranked #31.  Also, our linebackers, as a group, are ranked as the worst in the NFL.

😪

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Latest report:  Offense rating for all NFL teams for this upcoming season.  #1 is the best and #32 is the worst.  The Atlanta Falcons are ranked #31.  Also, our linebackers, as a group, are ranked as the worst in the NFL.

😪

That's ok.   We're going to surprise some folks. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Full squad report this week.  In addition to having the worst QB room in the NFL (ESPN) the Falcons are thought to have close to the worst everything else.  Last season's squad overachieved because they had Matty Ice.  Actually, they should have not won 7 games and no way are they going to win that many this season.  Pitiful.  That's the way they seem to see our team.  Any win will be considered an upset by them.  

🧑‍🔧Under Construction.

Edited by Gray Mule

Do not despair!  Expecting -0- wins?  No!  USA Today has their gestimate out:  2-15 for next season!  Yes, this is correct.   They have Atlanta with two wins this upcoming season!!

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule

42 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Do not despair!  Expecting -0- wins?  No!  USA Today has their gestimate out:  2-15 for next season!  Yes, this is correct.   They have Atlanta with two wins this upcoming season!!

🧑‍🔧

I think that’s lower than what I predicted for you guys. Wow, provem wrong Falcons.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

From an outsiders point of view, I have the Falcons going 2-15 with wins over the Browns in week 4 and the Panther in week 8, both at home. Falcons end up with a top 3 pick.

Oh nevermind gramps I had 2 as well.

I am USA 🇺🇸 today 😊 

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Falcons have improved in almost every area over last year except QB.  And we won 7.   I'm also of the belief that Ryan wasn't particularly a plus for us (i know i know. stats.)   Not necessarily his fault but that was the end result.   I'm expecting at least 6 wins.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note to USA Today and Spud, both of whom are saying 2-15 record for this year's Falcons:

This season's Falcon team is younger, bigger and faster than last season's team.  With a much tougher schedule facing these birds, someone had better be pretty good if we are to lose 15 games!

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule

PLANNED?

Now a writer, posting on the ratings of all NFL teams for the upcoming season declares that the Atlanta Falcons will be the worst team.  They planned this.  Egad!  Falcons have lost their great wide receiver and their wonderful QB, then had their #1 receiver banned for the year.  Therefore, in his way of thinking, we planned to be terrible this upcoming season.

Just think of how the fans of any team that faces this Falcon team will feel if they don't win.  Facing the worst NFL team, a win will be a must.  

First pre-season coming Friday.  Watch the Falcons being slaughtered!

😇

Edited by Gray Mule

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

PLANNED?

Now a writer, posting on the ratings of all NFL teams for the upcoming season declares that the Atlanta Falcons will be the worst team.  They planned this.  Egad!  Falcons have lost their great wide receiver and their wonderful QB, then had their #1 receiver banned for the year.  Therefore, in his way of thinking, we planned to be terrible this upcoming season.

Unless we are deliberately tanking i'm just not buying it.   We've got some really good vets who don't want a 2 win year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final preseason game today, 3 pm, then it's on to cut down date Tuesday.  Falcons may cut below 53 and sign a player or two that gets cut by other teams.  You never know who or what you may find out there when the final cuts are made.  Then, it's on to the regular season and the home opener VS the Saints!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1