• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wins for the coming 2022-23 season.

Preseason is history!  Countdown to cutdown to 53 less than 30 hours away.  Falcons may not cut below the maximum because of the play of borderline players who showed up and showed out Saturday.

13 more days until home opener.  All the remainder of the games count.  Because we are expected to win only two of our remaining games, I hope the first one comes September 11th.

Go Falcons!  Beat the Saints!!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Preseason is history!  Countdown to cutdown to 53 less than 30 hours away.  Falcons may not cut below the maximum because of the play of borderline players who showed up and showed out Saturday.

13 more days until home opener.  All the remainder of the games count.  Because we are expected to win only two of our remaining games, I hope the first one comes September 11th.

Go Falcons!  Beat the Saints!!

🧑‍🔧

Yeah if we only win 2 all year I hope it's both Saints games.    I'm sure they'll blame the refs if we win.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Expecting only 2 victories, therefore most any win will be considered an upset.  This is the nice part of the deal.  15 chances for an upset!  

Sadly, today is cut down day.  Some of these players may be claimed by other NFL teams.  Others are expected to make the practice squad.  This isn't too bad.  Really sad, those players who get no offers.

Falcon's coach and GM both say, after all the cuts, this will not be the final roster.  When you are at the bottom, looking up, borderline players tend to be moved in and out.

Saints @ Atlanta, September 11, 1 PM.  Go Falcons!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

UP A NOTCH!

Bleacher report expects the worst team in the NFL, the Atlanta falcons, to have the worst record, 3-14.  This is better than the 2 victories that many expect.  They project the Falcons to have the 1st pick in next season's draft with those three wins.

Their optimism for this?  The loss of Jones and Matty Ice in trades and the suspension of their #1 wide receiver who got caught betting on NFL games.  They don't think a lot of our QB.  MM hasn't started in two years.  So many things wrong and nothing right with this Falcon team.

It seems to me that it's a lot better to be on the bottom, looking up, instead of expecting great only to be disappointed.

🧑‍🔧Still under construction.

Season opener - Coming soon!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

This just in:  Grading all NFL teams for this off season:  Atlanta Falcons - D.

Something we Falcon fans didn't know until he was no longer here.  The national sports writers hold Matty Ice in reverential awe.  He's regarded as the best thing ever.  On the other hand, MM is looked down upon as, at best, a simple placeholder at QB until a "real" one can be obtained.  Seems we did nothing right!

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Sad 2

Five different NFL executives agree.  Atlanta Falcons will be the worst team in the league.

Saints, coming to visit Sunday, are a 5.5 point favorite.  Many expect a 2-15 Falcon season.

With these facts in mind, almost any Atlanta victory must qualify as a big upset except for those 2 poor teams that they believe will fall.

Expect that 1st upset next Sunday.  He! He! He!

😇

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

ADDING TO THE MISERY:

Just today I read where several sports writers agree that the Saints are probably the best, well-balanced team in the NFL.  They have great, experienced defense and great, experienced offense.

The finest, best team that the NFL has to offer, visits the worst team in the NFL.

The only way this gets worse - - Is if the entire roster calls in sick at noon Sunday.

😪

• Confused 1

• Moderators

I'd love to hear some reasons the Falcons are going to be so bad that don't involve losing Matt Ryan.  Matt Ryan hasn't played a playoff game in 5 years.   The last time he was in the playoffs, Falcons played 2 games and Matt Bryant scored more points than Matt Ryan.  

I love Matt Ryan but all this hyperbole about how good he is is turning me into a bit of a hater. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd love to hear some reasons the Falcons are going to be so bad that don't involve losing Matt Ryan.  Matt Ryan hasn't played a playoff game in 5 years.   The last time he was in the playoffs, Falcons played 2 games and Matt Bryant scored more points than Matt Ryan.  

I love Matt Ryan but all this hyperbole about how good he is is turning me into a bit of a hater. 

Young dudes and no established identity. No superstars yet but Pitts is near. It’s possible that there is a huge turnaround, if any sports has huge surprises it’s the NFL more than any league to me. It’s gonna be interesting.

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Young dudes and no established identity. No superstars yet but Pitts is near. It’s possible that there is a huge turnaround, if any sports has huge surprises it’s the NFL more than any league to me. It’s gonna be interesting.

Yeah i don't expect us to win the super bowl or even really make the playoffs.  I think we'll be competitive though.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i don't expect us to win the super bowl or even really make the playoffs.  I think we'll be competitive though.   

The lions 🦁 were competitive last year too. Let’s see if that helps us this year. You guys are a ways away, your behind us in terms of development so .. stay in line ok. :swoon: 

• Haha 2