Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $390 of $700 target

Wins for the coming 2022-23 season.


Recommended Posts

We all knew.  Falcons were given "the kiss of death!"  They were favored!  We knew defeat was coming.  And it did.

Finally, our week off.  Time to change quarterbacks.  We can't.  Present QB, with the full confidence of everyone except all the Falcon fans, must not be replaced.  If he is, he might tell something on someone.

Falcons brain thrust has claimed they mustn't upset anything because we're still in the playoff picture.  That excuse will no longer hold water.  Time to test our rookie and see if he is "it" or do we look elsewhere.  Entire season seems to be "all most but not quiet" good enough to win.  We did it again against our latest opponent.  Another "Oh, so close" loss.

🥲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 12/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, Gray Mule said:

We all knew.  Falcons were given "the kiss of death!"  They were favored!  We knew defeat was coming.  And it did.

Finally, our week off.  Time to change quarterbacks.  We can't.  Present QB, with the full confidence of everyone except all the Falcon fans, must not be replaced.  If he is, he might tell something on someone.

Falcons brain thrust has claimed they mustn't upset anything because we're still in the playoff picture.  That excuse will no longer hold water.  Time to test our rookie and see if he is "it" or do we look elsewhere.  Entire season seems to be "all most but not quiet" good enough to win.  We did it again against our latest opponent.  Another "Oh, so close" loss.

🥲

Well the one interesting thing was there was just a few hours after the Falcons loss for delusional Matt Ryan fans to scream "are you missing Matt Ryan yet" only to have poor Matt get destroyed by the Cowboys sunday night.  

You're right though.  I thought Falcons were just incredibly unlucky but they just can't seem to close the deal.  Too many games like this.   It's been a good season though.   I'd love to see Ridder but not sure it will happen.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Actually, I think this hurts me in the vet with Mac. I think Desmond can win a game now.

I hope so but folks give Mariota too much grief.  He extended drives and got points on the board.   We had a chance to win every single game we played and he was a huge part of that.   I hope Ridder is great but it's tough job. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, macdaddy said:

I hope so but folks give Mariota too much grief.  He extended drives and got points on the board.   We had a chance to win every single game we played and he was a huge part of that.   I hope Ridder is great but it's tough job. 

Oh my lions 🦁 are on fire 🔥. I don’t think we’ve played this well since.. I don’t know 10 years ago, 15 years. 
 

This gonna be close Mac.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh my lions 🦁 are on fire 🔥. I don’t think we’ve played this well since.. I don’t know 10 years ago, 15 years. 
 

This gonna be close Mac.

I think you've got me.   Falcons are packing it in now.   I haven't looked at the remaining schedule but i'll be surprised if the Falcons win more than 1. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think you've got me.   Falcons are packing it in now.   I haven't looked at the remaining schedule but i'll be surprised if the Falcons win more than 1. 

I like the fight in the Falcons. Are you saying they are packing it in because of the QB switch? Ridder is no slouch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like the fight in the Falcons. Are you saying they are packing it in because of the QB switch? Ridder is no slouch. 

Don't sell him short.  He's a tremendous slouch.  

I couldn't resist.  I have high hopes for Ridder like everyone but I don't have much faith in rookie QBs getting wins in their first few games.   I hope i'm wrong

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Don't sell him short.  He's a tremendous slouch.  

I couldn't resist.  I have high hopes for Ridder like everyone but I don't have much faith in rookie QBs getting wins in their first few games.   I hope i'm wrong

The last player taken in the last draft was a QB. Every other team in the draft passed on him 7 times! 49ers gave him his 1st start Sunday.  He won!  We are hoping for the same next Sunday when our Falcons hit the road.

🦁  Spud's Lions continue their winning ways!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

The last player taken in the last draft was a QB. Every other team in the draft passed on him 7 times! 49ers gave him his 1st start Sunday.  He won!  We are hoping for the same next Sunday when our Falcons hit the road.

🦁  Spud's Lions continue their winning ways!

Awesome.  I hope we do it.  It'd be fun to see us go on a win streak.   Our run game is really good so that will help.   I don't really know that much about Ridder.  Is he as mobile as Marcus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hawks last game, ESPN said their chance of victory was 35.1%.  They won!

Falcons visit the Saints Sunday.  ESPN says they have a 33.1% chance of victory.

Can these Atlanta teams make it two in a row against ESPN odds?  Remember, the young rookie QB of the Falcons will see his first action of the regular season.

:smug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks last game, ESPN said their chance of victory was 35.1%.  They won!

Falcons visit the Saints Sunday.  ESPN says they have a 33.1% chance of victory.

Can these Atlanta teams make it two in a row against ESPN odds?  Remember, the young rookie QB of the Falcons will see his first action of the regular season.

:smug:

I think the Falcons have the better team as far as hustle and heart. Saints are at home where they have 3 of their 4 wins but I’m going with a Falcon win.

A’ints… not today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again.  Like a broken record, this Falcon team ends the game just short of winning.  Except for one game this entire season, Atlanta has been just one score away.

Today was no different.  Within 3 points.  But, another loss.

🥲

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
22 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Once again.  Like a broken record, this Falcon team ends the game just short of winning.  Except for one game this entire season, Atlanta has been just one score away.

Today was no different.  Within 3 points.  But, another loss.

🥲

So crazy.   I wasn't super impressed with Ridder but i'll cut him some slack in his first game.  

My chances on this bet are getting slim!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So.  It continues.  Birds are now out of the playoff picture.  Another one score loss.  

:smug:

Coach didn't like some of the calls.  I agree.

Edited by Gray Mule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...