• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Dawg, remember when I had to admit Cam was a bust for us. You need to admit Bruno isn't a real NBA talent. He's a scrub

Supes, think you might've went to sleep once Bruno got traded to the Rockets. But he turned some heads in HOU. If he's not back there, he really could be someone's 3rd C.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Supes, think you might've went to sleep once Bruno got traded to the Rockets. But he turned some heads in HOU. If he's not back there, he really could be someone's 3rd C.

I live in Houston and go to Rocket games. He was a scrub here too

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

We're talking about getting Murray, and yall talking about Bruno? Good grief...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I live in Houston and go to Rocket games. He was a scrub here too

You can be excused for missing a few...

Btw... what part of Houston? My son lives in Dayton. We're down there about 2x a month.

• Like 2

My status on this whole thing:

I have always been an advocate of moving pieces to bring in proven top talent.

I hope we don’t get totally hosed, but I am much more comfortable with a trade centered on JC and Murray than I ever was on trading JC for a pick + scrub vet.

I think Trae + Murray + Dre  is a potent  1,2,3 punch on the perimeter. Our shot creation, dribble penetration, and getting to the FT line would increase  tremendously.

It take a huge defensive load off of the bigs as well as there is only one player you have to worry about helping on.

It will be interesting how we fill out the rest of the lineup if this goes through

I still like bringing back Wright as well who is Murray-esque on defense but without the attacking mentality on offense. Nearly identical tools though.

We would need to keep or add at least one pure shooter for situational lineups.

I’d prefer a 2-way center as well but Im fine with holding on to CC as well if it makes sense.

Let’s wait and see but I tell ya this, Murray wont be coming alone from SAS if they are set on a major haul.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dawg, remember when I had to admit Cam was a bust for us. You need to admit Bruno isn't a real NBA talent. He's a scrub

We'll see.  He's still hanging around and showing improvement.

Bruno's PER 36 numbers in Houston in 10 games . . . ( really in just 4 games that he got decent playing time in )

• 26.4 ppg
  • 15.3 rebs
  • 3.1 blks
  • 71% FG

Enterprise Cloud: Five Signs Winter Is Coming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

We're talking about getting Murray, and yall talking about Bruno? Good grief...lol

We need fillers on the frontline.   Can't lose both Collins and OO without proper fillers.

Plus the front office said we were soft.  Might as well bring in some muscle with Bruno.

Unless ya'll want Solo back as an undersized 4 . . that plays the 3 . . that shoots jumpers like a 5 in 1976.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We need fillers on the frontline.   Can't lose both Collins and OO without proper fillers.

Plus the front office said we were soft.  Might as well bring in some muscle with Bruno.

Unless ya'll want Solo back as an undersized 4 . . that plays the 3 . . that shoots jumpers like a 5 in 1976.

We can do better..

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You delusional then. Trade all of your PFs for a wing will just leave a massive hole at PF and don't expect no scrub to fill in

How is trading our starting pf and our backup c trading all of our pf's? 

You're talking about trading for a star sg who covers perfectly for Trae in exchange for the potential of Onyeka. 

I know projecting Onyeka to be playing pf in the future is an option, but he hasn't shown any sign of a shooting stroke so far to make that option viable.

Of course JC + all the picks is a better deal than trading OO, but trading him on top of JC and losing our current and potential pf ceiling isn't too bad for how our teams constructed. 

I'll admit though the FA class of pf's isn't looking good, so idk, maybe I'm minimizing things 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, akay said:

How is trading our starting pf and our backup c trading all of our pf's? 

You're talking about trading for a star sg who covers perfectly for Trae in exchange for the potential of Onyeka. 

I know projecting Onyeka to be playing pf in the future is an option, but he hasn't shown any sign of a shooting stroke so far to make that option viable.

Of course JC + all the picks is a better deal than trading OO, but trading him on top of JC and losing our current and potential pf ceiling isn't too bad for how our teams constructed. 

I'll admit though the FA class of pf's isn't looking good, so idk, maybe I'm minimizing things 🤷‍♂️

Okongwu is going to be a 4 next year so yes, all your 4s. JJ ain't ready for any action. He needs to make the rotation

• Premium Member

Nearly midnight, and I'm left to assume that the whiteboards in SFA remain stocked with a variety of options... Fischer's news caused a stir, but having no other reliable source affirming the Murray item, and indeed, some reason to be skeptical... I'm back to thinking things are still fluid, and there's no purpose served by trying to guess the outcome.

But maybe that's just me.

G'nite.

EDIT... oh... hehe... well, this is fun...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis did during his year end ish they do. I forget what's its called right now

Ah gotcha, thanks. Expecting both JJ to improve enough to be rotational level while also signing a quality pf might be much.

Would still do the trade 10 times out of 10 lol 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu is going to be a 4 next year so yes, all your 4s. JJ ain't ready for any action. He needs to make the rotation

LaRavia or Liddell in a slight trade up from 44.. lol.....We worked them out.. Both should be NBA ready... Both will be off the board at 44 though..