• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unless Atlanta willing to spend over the LT this year

NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So, this team went from going over the luxury tax to penny pinching?  I thought there was a mandate to get better.  Something is not adding up here.  Maybe I overthink this but if this team stays "WTOC" mode, we will be getting handed by Miami again (please do not say if Capella and/or JC was there, it will be better) and Travis going to be out of job.

Spending doesn't always = winning!

Just ask the Nets and Lakers the 2 favorites to be in the finals because of spending.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why? JC never proved that...

Uuummm???

1st 2 years....135 - JC, 86- DH, 98 - OO.

Add also 2 surgeries each for Hunter (knee twice and wrist)...OO (foot and shoulder) - that's a big difference.

13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

He's also underutilized. That should be considered if you want to say he's overpaid.

Who wants to use JC more than he's being used? He's best used to keep a defense honest when trying to sell out on the 1/5 PnR and the 1/4 or even 1/5 PnR with JC has always been a lot easier to defend as Trae is far less of a threat whereas Capela be clearing players and giving Trae the adv which is why it's spammed to begin with. The same reason why Harden and CP3 did it a TON. 

When JC was our 2nd option, we sucked. The minute Capela moved ahead of him on the play usage order, we started winning and often and Trae's stats went up tremendously. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuummm???

1st 2 years....135 - JC, 86- DH, 98 - OO.

Add also 2 surgeries each for Hunter (knee twice and wrist)...OO (foot and shoulder) - that's a big difference.

Hunter only missed four games in his rookie year. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes as an "insider" this is where you need to start your rant threads that these are your opinions only and that you are not speaking as an informed insider, but as a fan. 

You drop too much information to be making these rants without letting the uncommon posters know. 

I created a separate thread, that's usually me speaking for me. You won't hear me talk like this in that thread but this is how I really feel. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who wants to use JC more than he's being used? He's best used to keep a defense honest when trying to sell out on the 1/5 PnR and the 1/4 or even 1/5 PnR with JC has always been a lot easier to defend as Trae is far less of a threat whereas Capela be clearing players and giving Trae the adv which is why it's spammed to begin with. The same reason why Harden and CP3 did it a TON. 

When JC was our 2nd option, we sucked. The minute Capela moved ahead of him on the play usage order, we started winning and often and Trae's stats went up tremendously. 

So it is about John the player! Lol! Does the saying "Wolf in sheep's clothing" apply here?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

...and have had 3 surgeries since. That is problematic.

Most of our players have had that many surgeries since the last 3 years and they all got paid. (Capela, Huerter, Bogi, Gallo, JC, shit everyone but Trae.) JC done has at least 4 surgeries since he's been a Hawk. He had three within the last 7 months. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Most of our players have had that many surgeries since the last 3 years and they all got paid. (Capela, Huerter, Bogi, Gallo, JC, shit everyone but Trae.) JC done has at least 4 surgeries since he's been a Hawk. He had three within the last 7 months. 

This is new information.  This hasn't been reported by anyone.  Are you saying the injections are surgeries?  The ones they call nonsurgical procedures?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

News to me. Links please.

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So it is about John the player! Lol! Does the saying "Wolf in sheep's clothing" apply here?

JC is only player who hasn't paid divs to his non-rookie contract. Gallo and Bogi did what they were suppose to do. The only issue is Bogi's contract is a year or two too long. He should have gotten a 2 year with a PO for the 3rd year. Kings didn't match to avoid the situation Atlanta is currently in. Helped us get to the playoffs twice and once to the ECF. That's what we wanted when we signed them. Capela's been a damn steal for us. Kevin and Trae haven't played under their non-rookie deal yet but they will be judged for it too. I am not holding back on either player. JC hasn't lived up this contract. His numbers across the board are down and he's the player that gives us the least on defense for his expected role. He's not living up to expectations at all. He stands out like a sore thumb. There is a reason why Atlanta talked everyone nonstop about him. He's gonna have to step it up and BIG. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC is only player who hasn't paid divs to his non-rookie contract. Gallo and Bogi did what they were suppose to do. The only issue is Bogi's contract is a year or two too long. He should have gotten a 2 year with a PO for the 3rd year. Kings didn't match to avoid the situation Atlanta is currently in. Helped us get to the playoffs twice and once to the ECF. That's what we wanted when we signed them. Capela's been a damn steal for us. Kevin and Trae haven't played under their non-rookie deal yet but they will be judged for it too. I am not holding back on either player. JC hasn't lived up this contract. His numbers across the board are down and he's the player that gives us the least on defense for his expected role. He's not living up to expectations at all. He stands out like a sore thumb. There is a reason why Atlanta talked everyone nonstop about him. He's gonna have to step it up and BIG. 

Ok then say that you are not a fan of Collins and stick with it instead of misleading posters into thinking that you do value him. That's all I'm asking.

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Ok then say that you are not a fan of Collins and stick with it instead of misleading posters into thinking that you do value him. That's all I'm asking.

I don't know how you take me mad about him underachieving and wanting more as I hate him.

No need for that.  AHF

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Finger (2x), Foot. Previously, (hip in 2019). 

He's had injuries. Has he had surgery?

Doctors determined surgery was unnecessary, but Collins will undergo a non-surgical procedure. Collins also received an anti-inflammatory shot in his ring finger and was fitted with a specially made splint, which he'll wear for the remainder of the season.Mar 18, 2022

ATLANTA — John Collins recently expressed discomfort in his right hip. A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) performed Wednesday afternoon at the Emory Sports Medicine Complex revealed a right hip strain. He is able to participate in on-court activities within prescribed rehab limitations and his on-court loads and intensities will be increased throughout the upcoming Hawks 2019 Training Camp. He will be reviewed by team physicians at the end of training camp and his status will be updated at that time.

So unless he's having secret surgeries, please explain?

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He's had injuries. Has he had surgery?

Doctors determined surgery was unnecessary, but Collins will undergo a non-surgical procedure. Collins also received an anti-inflammatory shot in his ring finger and was fitted with a specially made splint, which he'll wear for the remainder of the season.Mar 18, 2022

So unless he's having secret surgeries, please explain?

to me a procedure is the same shit. Tou gotta get a shot, gotta do PT, and gotta heal. Same shit unless you talking Achilles tear or ACL/MCL. 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

to me a procedure is the same shit. Tou gotta get a shot, gotta do PT, and gotta heal. Same shit unless you talking Achilles tear or ACL/MCL. 

:laugh1::laugh1:....not even close.

23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how you take me mad about him underachieving and wanting more as I hate him. TEXT DELETED

Wow!!! Totally unnecessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1