• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawsover Pro Am News: TWO Hawks are supposedly playing, and one is a surprise

sturt

Murray is more explosive than I thought. I guess everyone in a Spurs uniform just appears slower/non athletic. This is exactly what we needed to add to the team. Lavine and Mitchell would have been nice, but the fact Murray can play defense on top of his offensive skillset is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Murray is more explosive than I thought. I guess everyone in a Spurs uniform just appears slower/non athletic. This is exactly what we needed to add to the team. Lavine and Mitchell would have been nice, but the fact Murray can play defense on top of his offensive skillset is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I mentioned prior, the one thing we got with Murray was more athleticism at SG - a guy that can play above the rim and a quick firt step to get in the paint plus speed and athleticism on a break.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pretty sure, just me, that Murray would never do that in a real game.

I have this sneaky suspicion that he was adding a little extra “sauce “ because it’s a just ProAm game.

I do like that he has a bit of an edge to him. An “I’m not the one” type of energy.

The Hawks sorely need that edge on the court. Of course, good sportsmanship across the board is ideal, but the Hawks teams of the past have always been "good guys" that had a tendency to get pushed around. It was disheartening watching the Hawks get beat into submission during the Playoffs against Miami. Having guys that are willing to "cross the line" when other teams do so will even things out a bit. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The Hawks sorely need that edge on the court. Of course, good sportsmanship across the board is ideal, but the Hawks teams of the past have always been "good guys" that had a tendency to get pushed around. It was disheartening watching the Hawks get beat into submission during the Playoffs against Miami. Having guys that are willing to "cross the line" when other teams do so will even things out a bit. 

That's exactly what we need. DJM is the right one for the smoke too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I think we need more though. Another big that's not afraid to mix it up would be ideal.

True, Idk if that is Harkless or not. But I will say that Clint doesn't back down, he just isn't an instigator. 

But yeah, having a big guy to get in someone's face is always ideal

• Like 1