• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawsover Pro Am News: TWO Hawks are supposedly playing, and one is a surprise

sturt

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Run down your position for me again. :huh:

:coffee:

WARNING ⚠️: SPUD MIGHT BE TAKING OFF (not from the site but like a rocket 🚀 I had coffee ☕️ today, it hits me weird).

Spud, sometimes I don't know how seriously to take you. I'd even say "often." (You appear to like it that way.)

My first thought was to ignore this since it's not like you have to go back and look at other pages of the thread.

But then my second thought was to, at least, indulge you a bit. See the bold red above.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Spud, sometimes I don't know how seriously to take you. I'd even say "often." (You appear to like it that way.)

My first thought was to ignore this since it's not like you have to go back and look at other pages of the thread.

But then my second thought was to, at least, indulge you a bit. See the bold red above.

It’s caffeinated ☕️ I don’t think I’m allowed this, it’s a stimulant right? 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Mace don't normally get locked in like this. Hes a "sniper off the roof" type of poster. So this is interesting to watch.

We should have Lupe call 📞 in sick more often. :huh: I kid I kid.

• Haha 3

One more article I came across for anyone interested.  

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/28/4642508/nba-pro-am-summer-league-kevin-durant-lebron-james-kobe-bryant

Kevin Durant, LeBron James and other stars use pro-am leagues to fill summertime NBA void

Basketball never truly stops. Here's a reminder that several pros frequent the many summer leagues happening around the country.

By Michael Jones  Aug 28, 2013, 1:00pm EDT

123090400.0.jpgPatrick Smith

When the NBA left all of us out in the cold, dead winter during the 2011 lockout, summer pro-ams were there to pick us up with Kobe Bryant game-winners and Kevin Durant doing his thing. The best news of all is that even when the league resumed, the pro-ams remained. They were there long before, and they're not going away.

It's an ongoing version of Pros vs. Joes, except it won't be getting cancelled any time soon.

In fact, pro-ams featuring NBA players are a real thing. The proliferation of social media and the 24-hour news cycle combined to create a beautiful storm of Kevin Durant 60-point games and Nick Young(ness?). Now, it's part of the NBA culture and makes the game last longer throughout the otherwise dreary summer months without hoops.

Drew League

Brandon Jennings, Dorell Wright, James Harden and Young are regulars here. In addition to being a hotbed for basketball, this Los Angeles institution routinely attracts L.A. natives to come and dazzle fans with their incredible gifts throughout the offseason.

Want to find out who's coming out to play next? Follow the Drew's official Twitter account or Facebook Page in order to get the scoop. You'll have to wait until next season though, because the league just had its championship game, where a certain slithering assassin just happened to make a cameo:

Goodman League

Durant gets around to several different leagues over the summer, but he would consider Washington, D.C.'s Goodman league home. All summer long, games are played six days a week at the Barry Farms Dwellings courts.

The Oklahoma City Thunder superstar goes off in these games, enough that there's plenty of solid footage of him annihilating the opposition:

Most recently, Durant and rookie Victor Oladipo, both D.C. natives, went toe-to-toe in the Goodman League Roundball Classic.

CSN Washington was there to feature all the highlights and weighed in on the action:

Even with several future professional peers also on the court and John Wall observing from the sideline, it was Oladipo in the game's spotlight matchup versus the Oklahoma City Thunder star. Durant is the face of D.C. area basketball, not to mention part of an incredibly short list of those considered the best in the NBA.

The local products faced each other throughout, landing basketball-type haymakers via long distance shots, highlight dunks and tight defense until the final buzzer, which came without an actual winner declared. The game ended in a 116-116 tie.

Nike Pro City Run

If high-level pro-am basketball is involved, then New York City is going to have a say in the matter. The Nike Pro City Run lasts from June until August and features talent at every level from high school to the NBA.

In July, Nate Robinson and Kyrie Irving paid the league a visit and gave fans a show:

Other Leagues

Melo League

The league that bears the name of superstar Carmelo Anthony is based in his native Baltimore. In 2011, it was extremely active, and no game had more fanfare than the Aug. 30 matchup against the Goodman League that featured superstars LeBron James, Anthony, Chris Paul, Gary Neal and Donte Green playing for Melo League and Durant, John Wall, Jennings, DeMarcus Cousins and streetballer Hugh "Baby Shaq" Jones suiting up for the Goodman squad.

San Francisco Pro Am

For a summer helping of Linsanity, look no further than the Bay Area, where Jeremy Lin has been doing work as recently as this summer near his hometown.

He dropped 45 points against players who likely don't come close to NBA-level talent, but the array of highlights on display from Lin (and many others) in a video from SLAM are still impressive:

Jamal Crawford Pro Am

Seattle's finest  make their way to the Pacific Northwest to compete against high-level competition. In fact, doing just that is in the league's mission statement. Crawford headlines the action and routinely puts on a scoring clinic.

In addition to the league's namesake, NBA players Isaiah Thomas, Mike James and Aaron Brooks competed in 2013.

Rucker Park's Entertainers Basketball Classic

The EBC was established in 1982 and has featured some of the most prominent names in NBA history. Michael Jordan, Bryant, Durant and James are just a few of the names to grace the courts with their presence.

The Rucker is sacred basketball ground, and even as recently as the summer of 2013, players like Kenneth Faried and J.R. Smith have come out in support.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man some people just like arguing, even when they know they aren't right. Basketball stars have always played in games over the summer and it won't stop just because some fans think it's risky. The top stars have always played in games against top NBA, college, and pro-am talent, we just get to see it live now. 

Rucker Park's whole schtick is that top NBA ballers will come to the park and shut it down during the summer. It's the whole inspiration for the NBA Street and NBA Ballers video games. 

@sturt is there anything else you would like to argue?

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Mace don't normally get locked in like this. Hes a "sniper off the roof" type of poster. So this is interesting to watch.

Yeah, super weird.  This is like that time @JayBirdHawk was drunk-posting ....

What?  You thought it sounded like her regular posting?  Haha, whatchu tryna say about burd?

😄

I kid, I kid.  I'm sure burd has never drunk-posted.  High-posting?  Eh, I got no comment there.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I’ve done let you turkeys run loose for too long!  I thought @kg01 could hold down the counter while I transitioned to a more hands off managerial position.  He was good for awhile, too good at times even.. but it don’t take much to see that mans needs a breather and I just dont quite trust that trainee of his, Spudlous.  Customers have been complaining that he keeps trying show off his workout vids to them, completely unprofessional.

'You trusted me ... and I failed you' gif 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, super weird.  This is like that time @JayBirdHawk was drunk-posting ....

What?  You thought it sounded like her regular posting?  Haha, whatchu tryna say about burd?

Must have been a doozy, cuz I sure don't remember :beach:

• Haha 1