• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When did we get so spoiled 🤔

sillent

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

A lot to be thankful for? Yes, absolutely. But if we were spoiled, we would still have Huerter.

Spoiled franchises are the Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, Spurs, and Heat of the league. We are not the same. 

All those teams have championships. 

We just got our superstar 5 years ago. 

Also just drafted AJ who appears to be a bigger impact player than Huerter. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All those teams have championships. 

We just got our superstar 5 years ago. 

Also just drafted AJ who appears to be a bigger impact player than Huerter. 

Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for. But we are certainly not a spoiled franchise. At least not yet, but hopefully someday.

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for. But we are certainly not a spoiled franchise. At least not yet, but hopefully someday.

Not specifically talking about the fans here, but if you hear how some of our fans talk outside of this board they are spoiled and just as obnoxious as some of those other fan bases you mentioned.

That's my may thing by talking about fans being spoiled.  

• Thanks 1

I think we have a good team that need some additions to be a contender. We are a good team, still not great. 
Young/Murray are a good backcourt. No change
Capela is a good starting center. No change.

Hunter and Collins are good forwards, but I am not convinced about the fit. They should provide shooting , size and defense to fit with Trae bad defense and Capela lack of shooting. They are still young and can improve but I see some lack of strength on Collins that is bad for the team and lack of passing on both. At some point we could look for a trade for a better fit.

AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson are really good rotation players with a lot of upside, at some point they could even replace Hunter and Collins, I am eager to see the impact they can have while Collins and Hunter are out. I am starting to think we could have good results.

Bogi and OO are good players but I am not convinced about the fit. OO is not a backup center for Capela, they don’t fit, we need a bigger player that can shoot, I would definately think about trading OO for Bamba. I think Bamba would be a perfect fit for this team and OO would be perfect for Orlando. Bogi is a good player, good fit for DJM but really bad fit for Trae, he is also injury prone. I see Griffin as a good SG for this team and I wonder if we could find a good SF with size for Bogi.

Aaron Holiday, Krejci, Culver are good rotation players, we lack a big, a big guy that can defend and provide minutes against big centers. 
Justin Holiday, Kaminsky need to go

15 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

As a franchise no. As fans yes their are plenty around here that forgot or don't know what it took to get here and where we were before hand. It's a process.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think we have a good team that need some additions to be a contender. We are a good team, still not great. 
Young/Murray are a good backcourt. No change
Capela is a good starting center. No change.

Hunter and Collins are good forwards, but I am not convinced about the fit. They should provide shooting , size and defense to fit with Trae bad defense and Capela lack of shooting. They are still young and can improve but I see some lack of strength on Collins that is bad for the team and lack of passing on both. At some point we could look for a trade for a better fit.

AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson are really good rotation players with a lot of upside, at some point they could even replace Hunter and Collins, I am eager to see the impact they can have while Collins and Hunter are out. I am starting to think we could have good results.

Bogi and OO are good players but I am not convinced about the fit. OO is not a backup center for Capela, they don’t fit, we need a bigger player that can shoot, I would definately think about trading OO for Bamba. I think Bamba would be a perfect fit for this team and OO would be perfect for Orlando. Bogi is a good player, good fit for DJM but really bad fit for Trae, he is also injury prone. I see Griffin as a good SG for this team and I wonder if we could find a good SF with size for Bogi.

Aaron Holiday, Krejci, Culver are good rotation players, we lack a big, a big guy that can defend and provide minutes against big centers. 
Justin Holiday, Kaminsky need to go

Sounds good until you look across the league. Who has a perfect team? Most have great teams. I like Bamba although I'm thankful we didn't take him over Trae. I get your point but it's a give and take in this league. 

Who are these players who would be easily tradeable and replace or be a better fit than what we have? Again I get needing size and still like Mo Bamba although I'd bet it would be more that complain about him if we had him over OO.

We had Cam which is an ideal type of player to play with Trae and that didn't work for whatever reason. So many talk about trading John but how many versatile inside out forwards with the kinda consistency and growth he's had is out there? Shooters go thru slumps even the best of em. John before this season has been an added bonus in that regard.

Hunter is getting more and more consistent but since we have a complete team doesn't have to be that extra star for us to win games although the potential is there and again most of our good players are under the peak age of 26. 

Yet we're still 4th with an opportunity to rise and individually get better as well as overall get better. This proves my point when I say we're spoiled as fans. 

Look at the Celtics who stuck with their team and have been thru it longer and are older than us overall. If we're honestly speaking/projecting our team is built better if we consider them at their prime vs us when we reach ours yet we lack the patience to sit back and enjoy the growth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1