• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Landry Field’s first move…

Spud2nique

I keep envisioning a BR alert sent to my phone 📱 that reads…

The Atlanta Hawks are parting ways with head coach Nate McMillan. Hawks GM Landry Fields says Joe Punty will take over as the interim head coach until they find a suitable bum off the street who would easily know way more than Punty, his son and that entire staff put together.

-Shams Charania aka Woj’s lil talking doll

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, BudBall said:

Because we fired LP mid season, I cant see us doing the same to Nate. It would be bad logistics for prospective coaches.

Well it did work.  We went to the ECF.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Atlanta Hawks are parting ways with head coach Nate McMillan. Hawks GM Landry Fields says Joe Punty will take over as the interim head coach until they find a suitable bum off the street who would easily know way more than Punty, his son and that entire staff put together.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This hurts even though I know it's fake.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

it's fake

Is it? :huh: You know when you told me not to mention trades due to losing leverage if other folks are somehow related to any of the NBA squads in this forum…

What do I have to lose if I want a coach gone? :er: I have no leverage to lose. 

Without a hostage there is no ransom!!! :angry2: Those are the rules!!!! :55

@kg01 you ever seen this flick? Go get it at your local blockbuster then come back and watch Dikembe swat MJ to the raftersssss!!!! {96 flashback (non acid)}. :aaa:

Ps Get ya boy some goobers! :boobs:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Love Trae, but now I’m waiting for the follow up interview where he says “I mean” 100 times before other cliches. “Yeah, I mean it is different without coach here. You know, I mean, at the end of the day we have to still go play. So, yeah, I mean, back to practice and focus on winning.”

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is it? :huh: You know when you told me not to mention trades due to losing leverage if other folks are somehow related to any of the NBA squads in this forum…

What do I have to lose if I want a coach gone? :er: I have no leverage to lose. 

Without a hostage there is no ransom!!! :angry2: Those are the rules!!!! :55

@kg01 you ever seen this flick? Go get it at your local blockbuster then come back and watch Dikembe swat MJ to the raftersssss!!!! {96 flashback (non acid)}. :aaa:

Ps Get ya boy some goobers! :boobs:

I used to work at blockbuster.  Terrible job.  Only one I ever ghosted.  Just didn't show for a shift, never looked back.  No regerts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I used to work at blockbuster.  Terrible job.  Only one I ever ghosted.  Just didn't show for a shift, never looked back.  No regerts. 

My friend worked at the Wherehouse with some x convict named Louis. It was his first job :huh:. He always had funny stories to share about folks renting various flicks. I personally worked at a gas station ⛽️ myself throughout high school… and as a bus boy for a restaurant, but mainly my gig was teaching tennis 🎾 to young lads.

I have a lotta gas ⛽️ station stories though from the early 90’s. 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I used to work at blockbuster. 

Did y’all have a “weird section”… there was a red light section that my friend saw his dad’s friend one time and they both pretended not to see each other. :huh: My friend is a really cool guy but sometimes he wears different sneakers 👟 on each foot to play basketball 🏀… he’s a really cool 😎 guy though… I mean I think..I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did y’all have a “weird section”… there was a red light section that my friend saw his dad’s friend one time and they both pretended not to see each other. :huh: My friend is a really cool guy but sometimes he wears different sneakers 👟 on each foot to play basketball 🏀… he’s a really cool 😎 guy though… I mean I think..I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

Yep, dudes were super stealth about it.  One second they'd be looking at Terminator in the Action section, next second they're lookin at Terminate Her in the smAction section.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

At least Punty is an X's and O's guy so you could keep him as an assistant.  We aren't getting a 'forever' coach mid-season so put a true interim in there.   Just put Van Exel in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 12/28/2022 at 5:18 PM, BudBall said:

Because we fired LP mid season, I cant see us doing the same to Nate. It would be bad logistics for prospective coaches.

I'd rather deal with the fallout out NOW, than deal with the malaise over this team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

This makes a lot of sense.

Player Development Remains an Issue for Atlanta Hawks

One of the main issues that have plagued the team for almost two years is the lack of player development under head coach Nate McMillan. 

McMillan has repeatedly said his team is not developing. That statement has always raised red flags with fans and media alike. Outside of Bodgan Bogdanovic and Clint Capela, every player in the main rotation is 25 years old or younger. Not many players make significant gains after the age of 25. 

McMillan's statements about the developmental process indicate he prefers polished players or is already more developed...

Even Trae Young could still use development in areas of his game. But if McMillan is not developing his roster, how can he help the team's star grow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes a lot of sense.

Player Development Remains an Issue for Atlanta Hawks

One of the main issues that have plagued the team for almost two years is the lack of player development under head coach Nate McMillan. 

McMillan has repeatedly said his team is not developing. That statement has always raised red flags with fans and media alike. Outside of Bodgan Bogdanovic and Clint Capela, every player in the main rotation is 25 years old or younger. Not many players make significant gains after the age of 25. 

McMillan's statements about the developmental process indicate he prefers polished players or is already more developed...

Even Trae Young could still use development in areas of his game. But if McMillan is not developing his roster, how can he help the team's star grow?

I think Nate's quote is a little misleading but the fact remains that i don't think he has individual development programs for the players the way Bud and other coaches do.   This is why I want Charles Lee because he's seen it and run them himself.  

I also question how good of a training program we have.  I feel like that's left up to the players and the results aren't that good.  

• Like 4