• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What we have right now...

Diesel

• Premium Member
  • Two ball dominant PGs who have learned to allow the other to lead when the situation calls for it. 
  • Trae playing the best defense in his career. 
  • DJ finding his place on offense. 
  • Pace (as somebody mentioned in the other thread). 
  • Great switches on defense. 
  • Clint's back and can finish games. 
  • AJ and JJ off the bench with confidence.

And a fanbase that don't want to give Nate and his crew credit for none of this?

Other things...

• JC is finding his place in the offense and is starting to hit the middy and outside shots. 
  • OO realizing that he's big enough to play like Bam. 
  • Hunter ..... IsoHunter learning how to pass the damn ball sometimes.   While other times making people pay with his offense and defense. 

Doc guys .....Forever!! | MoSports.com

• Like 2

Diesel, what is it that makes you think this fanbase is so disconnected they can't see the forest for the trees? I see credit given where it's warranted.  I'm not talking Twitter either. This team was in quicksand and dead in the water five games ago.  Like it or not.

Seems to me the turmoil was a catalyst, Trae perhaps growing up, Nate not doing Nate things, the team perhaps jelling...these are all factors.  People call them out.  You cannot tell me if the same team showed up looking disconnected pre-West Coast trip the fans would be wrong to chastise what had been a lifeless team.  

Is the ship righted now? I like what I've seen.  I hate that it's taken damn near half the season to see these signs of life.  But I also understand new pieces, health and continuity are important.  We will see if this is the version of the team Hawks fans have been clamoring for.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Seems to me the turmoil was a catalyst,

There is something to be said for guys circling the wagons when they feel it's us against all of them.

I think there's something at least equally to be said for what is even more blatantly obvious... health. Capela matters.

Edit: And I should have added... health, then, is what allows that intangible called chemistry/continuity/camaraderie to evolve.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LLoyd Pierce gets fired - We start winning

Cam traded - we start winning

Front office turmoil - we start winning.

I see a pattern. :ninja::stirthepot::laugh1:

No, really... I believe there's something to that...

Just not as much, or at most equal to... health... which, again, is what permits chemistry to prosper.

Trae defense is awful..I seen him give up on so many plays

Tae and DM still haven't learned to play off each other yet

Nate ..I like him but there need to be a change..he is very old school and that's ok if ur offense is good but he can't get it thru there heads to play teamball..not sure anyone else could either...

Clint makes a word of difference..still need another big I think..

Still haven't lose since signing Favors

This team could be great if they would play team ball like that 5 man all star team we had 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ABH said:

Still haven't lose since signing Favors

Technically, nah, they signed Favors, and he suited up for the MIL game. But we played well under the circumstances, even in a loss.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Diesel, what is it that makes you think this fanbase is so disconnected they can't see the forest for the trees? I see credit given where it's warranted.  I'm not talking Twitter either. This team was in quicksand and dead in the water five games ago.  Like it or not.

Seems to me the turmoil was a catalyst, Trae perhaps growing up, Nate not doing Nate things, the team perhaps jelling...these are all factors.  People call them out.  You cannot tell me if the same team showed up looking disconnected pre-West Coast trip the fans would be wrong to chastise what had been a lifeless team.  

Is the ship righted now? I like what I've seen.  I hate that it's taken damn near half the season to see these signs of life.  But I also understand new pieces, health and continuity are important.  We will see if this is the version of the team Hawks fans have been clamoring for.

You said "This team was in quicksand and dead in the water five games ago.  Like it or not."  

Call it what you want to call it.   We were not a healthy team and we still had guys trying to figure out their roles.  I told you guys then, it makes no sense to evaluate this team while we are not healthy...  Did I not?  However, the concensus were that we were a tanking team whether we liked it or not.  Mainly because of coaching.   Well, if we were a tanking team because of coaching and nothing else... then give Coaching it's credit for our revival!

All the rest of what you typed is ignoring the coaching element that has helped us turn this thing around.  That is the problem. 

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

There is something to be said for guys circling the wagons when they feel it's us against all of them.

I think there's something at least equally to be said for what is even more blatantly obvious... health. Capela matters.

Edit: And I should have added... health, then, is what allows that intangible called chemistry/continuity/camaraderie to evolve.

I certainly agree that health is a huge factor.  Where I don't get it, is...the "next man up" mentality should still show somewhat.  Before the recent games, the leaders didn't lead or if they tried, it didn't work.  Those first quarters were some of the most brutal basketball you could watch. Not ready? Warming up? Getting loose? Hell nah.  Not ready to play.  That's inexcusable.  Healthy or not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah.. let's go with @ABH,

The Hawks turn around has been because we signed Derrick Favors.   Favors is a difference maker.   His presence alone has brought Winning to us.   That and hiring Kyle Korver as Assistant GM.   Once Kyle stopped working with our guys on Shooting and focused on his job as AGM... our shooting has been better!!!

That's why we're winning.    Derrick Favors and Kyle Korver. 

The sad part is that some of you will go with that. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You said "This team was in quicksand and dead in the water five games ago.  Like it or not."  

Call it what you want to call it.   We were not a healthy team and we still had guys trying to figure out their roles.  I told you guys then, it makes no sense to evaluate this team while we are not healthy...  Did I not?  However, the concensus were that we were a tanking team whether we liked it or not.  Mainly because of coaching.   Well, if we were a tanking team because of coaching and nothing else... then give Coaching it's credit for our revival!

All the rest of what you typed is ignoring the coaching element that has helped us turn this thing around.  That is the problem. 

I also don't care how you call it.  The coaching was a problem.  That's my opinion.  If the team has truly turned it around, perhaps they (the coaches) figured it out.  That's what I said.  

The caveat that was correct is health.  But I acknowledged that too.  I still think the team wasn't ready to play on most nights.  That's just as much coaching as players.  Perhaps Nate is less rigid. Perhaps the team is just now responding.  All good if it's coming together.

Edited by deester11

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, deester11 said:

I also don't care how you call it.  The coaching was a problem.  That's my opinion.  If the team has truly turned it around, perhaps they (the coaches) figured it out.  That's what I said.  

Like I said, if you believe that coaching was responsible for our downfall.. then you have to also credit coaching for our revival. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Like I said, if you believe that coaching was responsible for our downfall.. then you have to also credit coaching for our revival. 

Not once have I been on the "Nate sucks" train.  I personally don't think he's the guy to lead the Hawk's to a championship but that's again...MY OPINION.  If this spurt proves to be sustainable, why would I not give him credit? Seems he's adjusted to his personnel too...I credit him for that. I'm an Atlanta fan...so fool me once....twice...a lifetime...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

As far as Nate goes he's a fine coach.   To me there are coaches in the NBA who make the game easier for lesser players to excel.  That's not Nate.  He gives a framework for really good players to do their thing.   Seeing as we have a lot of young guys and semi-washed vets though it would be nice to be able to use them.  

Give him credit for getting AJ and JJ going this year but as we've seen AJ is just a big talent and JJ has some high end skills so give them credit too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

You mean Frank?  The Holidaze?

What do you think of Clint??  Because Clint and DJM are vets. 

Yes Frank, Justin, Aaron isn't washed exactly he's just who he is.   

I mean we've had Clint out and Frank can't see the floor.  We've had league worst shooting and Justin can't see the floor. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I give Nate credit for finally doing some of the things we have been shouting at him to do since very early in the season.  Only took him half the year to adjust!  Just imagine what his second half in-game adjustments are going to be like the rest of the season with him suddenly hitting the accelerator like this!  Better sooner than later but better late than never.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I give Nate credit for finally doing some of the things we have been shouting at him to do since very early in the season.  Only took him half the year to adjust!  Just imagine what his second half in-game adjustments are going to be like the rest of the season with him suddenly hitting the accelerator like this!  Better sooner than later but better late than never.

I don't disagree but the coach always looks suddenly better when guys stop missing wide open shots and being lazy on D. 

• Thanks 1