• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk it was Sean Elliot huh? Either him to the Pistons or Horry to the Pistons. Somebody got saved from the Pistons and either back to Spurs or Rockets respectively… :er:

ps Burd, is Sturt able to read this? He’s full on snubbing me. :huh:

🤓

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

From The Athletic's write-up...

“Player safety is super important to us,” said Blazers general manager Joe Cronin. “It’s a super important thing around the league. We were playing him … he had been cleared and we were confident that he was healthy when he was playing. We would not have brought him back if we thought he wasn’t healthy or if we thought he was at risk. You trust that we did the right thing, and you trust that our process was correct, and these reports, you know, I think if you knew our clearance process was proper, so I will have to rely on that.”

Payton had abdominal surgery during the summer. The Blazers initially projected he’d be ready for the regular season. But his rehab lingered, his timeline kept getting pushed back and Payton ended up missing the season’s first 35 games, hinting after his return that he still didn’t feel fully right, mentioning a few setbacks.

“It is what it is,” Payton said the night he came back. “Probably my fourth or fifth surgery the last five or six years…It’s at the point that it’s the best it’s going to be for this year. Just gotta thug it out.”

To acquire Payton, the Warriors traded James Wiseman to the Pistons and then rerouted Saddiq Bey to Atlanta for five second-round picks — obtaining the draft capital it cost to get Payton from Portland. It was all eventually roped into a complex four-team deal. That deal is now up in the air.

The Warriors viewed Payton as a win-now acquisition to bolster the team for the stretch run, but now must decide whether to move forward with this deal that could have the 2022 Golden State NBA champion sidelined for a long period of time. Payton has two years and $17.8 million remaining on his contract after this season.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

For a year is what i was talking about. Not for a 4 year deal. I was speaking on his value. His WAR was 6 that year. 

I would pay $20-$22 mil a year for it...your exact words. Spin it however, your words.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

For a year is what i was talking about. Not for a 4 year deal. I was speaking on his value. His WAR was 6 that year. 

You just claimed you never said he was worth more than $20M and then she showed a post where you said you would pay $22M.  Just take the L on that and make the point you are trying to make about not thinking a long term deal for JC made sense.  (Not speaking as a moderator here).

It seems strange that the deal can only be voided given it is a multi team deal.  Seems like you would want to give teams 24 hours or something to complete the deal without Payton involved.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

You just claimed you never said he was worth more than $20M and then she showed a post where you said you would pay $22M.  Just take the L on that and make the point you are trying to make about not thinking a long term deal for JC made sense.  (Not speaking as a moderator here).

It seems strange that the deal can only be voided given it is a multi team deal.  Seems like you would want to give teams 24 hours or something to complete the deal without Payton involved.

Gallo got that type of money and I had no issues with it. As long as it's short term

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gallo got that type of money and I had no issues with it. As long as it's short term

Don't shift the post. Not about Gallo. I don't think anyone took issue with Gallo's $20 mil....this is about Harrell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't shift the post. Not about Gallo. I don't think anyone took issue with Gallo's $20 mil....this is about Harrell.

Unless you can find a post where I was like 4/80 for Harrell is better than 4/80 for JC, you playing narratives anyway. So I will play narratives too.

The reason why Jay's point is flawed is JC contract is a lot worse when Trae is on a max deal than it was when he was under a rookie deal and it took aways a lot of cap flexibility 

Harrell's 2/40 to 44 million deal would have ended over last summer. We would have had that cap flexibility. Instead we got 5/125 in the most shopped guy in the NBA in JC on a bad contract which I screamed it was from Day 1

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

If accurate that it can't be amended, that might help us out, assuming that that would mean the supposedly-original trade of Bey for Wiseman straight-up (per what Fields' comment suggested) is off the table. All or nothing.

• Like 1