• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Don't know who these guys are, but they claim to be representing The Athletic, and they seem beside themselves that we got Bey.... so, not confident that whoever was in-charge of the thumbnail graphic here and came up with that question was listening all that welll................

Bey. We got you Bey. We got you Bey.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So, tidbit revealed by Fields in the presser I found slightly interesting, tho not really significant... apparently our FO only got involved after GSW and DET had more or less agreed to swap Bey and Wiseman... GSW apparently desperate to cut some luxury tax, and valuing the 2nds. Then, of course, they translated 2nds into a Gary Payton II reunion.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GameTime said:

Can't wait for the Hunter vs. Bey discussion the rest of this season. Bey is also 2 years younger than Hunter.

Bey plays with more fire. Hunter is starting to get physical with folks but for Bey it comes naturally, Hunter has to fake it.

• Like 1

WHO IS THIS SADDIQ BEY?

Some posters here say good things about him.  Others think that he is a waste of space and time.  Can't shoot and can't play defense.

We listen to the comments made when he was drafted.  Saying, "He's a top ten pick but for some reason he fell."  Seems we heard this about AJ Griffin also.  Some wonder, "How did Atlanta get him this cheap?"  Is there something wrong that we don't know about?  Maybe the doubters are correct.

I did read somewhere that he always did really good when he faced the Hawks.  Now, if he gets to play, there will be four Hawks on the floor with him - - He should play great!  Is it true that he once scored 50 points in a NBA game?  We'll take some of this!

Guess we are about to find out just who is this.

😇

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just listened to a Detroit Piston Insider Podcast.. and they are crying all over the place about losing Bey. 

Looking at it now, we got the better part of the deal. 

Detroit's GM is in Love with Wiseman and saw a chance to get him. 

GS didn't want more salary.  Maybe they are eyeing to resign Draymond. 

Bey was a casualty of War.

INTERESTING NOTE....

We know about the failed Phoenix trade... and JC.

Detroit insiders say that they turned down a trade for JC to Detroit because we wouldn't add a first.  I'm trying to think.. what could it have been??

My guess is that it was JC for Bey/BagleyIII

Back to the conversation...

So, we got Bey.  He was a fan favorite.  A lockerroom favorite.   A high motor.. with inconsistent play but lots of potential.

Right now, I'm seeing Bey as being the replacement for Hunter. 

Once Hunter's contract goes Public.. we just might move him.  We hear talk of bringing in KAT.  Well, JC and Hunter may get us a KAT?  

Let's wait and see.

• Like 1

5 second round picks mean little to nothing.  Very few 2nd rounders turn out to be at the level of Saddiq Bey, and we aren't needing rookies, we are needing valuable players both on the court and in trade proposals.  His contract is right, the fit is right.  Feels like we got a little better both now and for the future.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Right now, I'm seeing Bey as being the replacement for Hunter. 

Sounds like a (welcome) departure from your "emergency" theory in the other thread, but maybe I'm reading too much into that.

I agree (again) with you that Bey's role is likely to be considered Hunter's primary back-up, with some potential in a worst-case scenario where Hunter ultimately disappoints, to actually overtake him as a starter.

• Moderators

Bey is a good young NBA player with a few years under his belt and he's a wing with size.   You can knock him for faults but this is something we needed desperately.   If he didn't have the weaknesses he has he'd be a much more expensive starter that no one is giving up.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Love that we got Bey, but can we please pump the brakes on him being a replacement for 'anybody'. This team lacks solid NBA depth that can contribute nightly. He's got 26 games for us to determine where and how he fits. 

Hopefully, his acquisition pushes Hunter to be more consistent.

• Like 3

Just checked on Piston (Real GM) board.  Very inconsistant they say.  Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's terrible.  Should fit right in here.  That's the story of this Hawk team.

:smug:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1