• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!

JayBirdHawk

These moves do not strike me as "we want to win this season" moves, but rather "let's see how things development and we will figure it out later" moves.

I say that because typically when the main trade piece you receive back is 23 years old you are looking to the future and not the present.  

Maybe this will be different.  Definitely provides some insurance depth on the wing if peeps get hurt.

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Is this guy any good?

No.  Shoots right around 40% overall every year.  Has a lifetime 3 pt % of around 34%.  He is a pretty good free throw shooter.  His defensive ratings are horrible.   I can't imagine why anyone would be excited about acquiring him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, warcore said:

Yeah I'm saying if we gave up 5 seconds, why not just get Wiseman? He's the best player being moved... we basically paid Detroit's price to get Wiseman... I hope you made some friends these past couple hours, Little Nicki. 

he has a $9 million dollar contract. like everything else a LT issue

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I posted this in another thread but repeating here so everyone can see it better:

Why did we have to give up 5 2nds for Bey?

One source response: Bey has a much more hard to find skillset than Bones does. Much easier to find an offensive PG that plays no defense (Bones) than a wing player that can play defense and hit three's (Bey). Also feels that Bey gives us a trade asset in the offseason should we need it.

@NBASupes has said this for months but I think people need to realize the truth of it. Big wing players that are 3 & D are just very hard to come by in the NBA and as a result it drives their value artificially up. It is just like the 1980's when every team needed at least two if not three solid centers. Now you need at least 2 if not three big wing players in the modern NBA. We now have two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saddiq is no scrub . Fifteen pts off the bench really helps especially when  Hunter and JC are laying eggs, but the infusion of size and upside of Wiseman would have been nice. The Hawks are only going so far this year. Start adding a long term big for the future.  OO is undersized Wiseman's size could  help against teams like the Bucks. Bruno is underwhelming to me,  maybe some toughness in his limited minutes .But don't underestimate an additional 15 pts off the bench.