• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks and JC

Diesel

• Premium Member

As we consider where we are, I would suggest that a lot of where we are starts with the production we get from the PF spot.   JC.  Let's examine the split...  Shall we...

image.png

JC's best month was January.  If you recall, it seemed like we were showcasing him for a trade.   In those 15 games, he put up the most shots and played the most minutes.   But there's another thing.   Since Quin has come on, his rebounding has gone down significantly.  I would say because Quin has moved him out of rebounding position and has dropped his mpg.   But even when he was playing less minutes in Dec, his rebounding was higher. 

So, I did a dive into this...

I guess last year, Quin's PF was Bojan...  Here's his splits.

image.png

Bojan is a much better three point shoooter than JC.... But look at the rebounding.   I know he played with Gobert... but JC plays with Clint.   Point is.. it seems that in a Quin system, he needs an outside shooter.   Somebody who can put up almost 100 3pters a month. 

So if we were looking for another PF with more attempts than JC... here's the list:

image.png

The question is...   Would you replace JC with... a guy like P.J. Washington?

image.png

for those that cry about a better shooter at the 4, here's your gift.  But is it a gift?

We would all love to have Markkenan but who is going to give him up?  And if they did give him up, would we feed him?

image.png

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think the most natural next step would be to move to Bey at the PF spot next to Hunter if 3pt shooting is the goal.

Yeah.  Or Hunter to the PF because he's bigger than Bey. 

• Premium Member

Honestly, I know he's the whipping boy but JC is going to be hard to replace. 

He has size and can play defense.   His 3 pt shooting has taken a dip but I think we will have regrets on how we misused him when it's all said and done. 

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

Honestly, I know he's the whipping boy but JC is going to be hard to replace. 

He has size and can play defense.   His 3 pt shooting has taken a dip but I think we will have regrets on how we misused him when it's all said and done. 

I know this is super unpopular and i'm sure there are stats against it but seems like JC is destined to be a small ball center somewhere. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.  Or Hunter to the PF because he's bigger than Bey. 

Hunter guards wings much better than Bey does so I think it has to be Hunter manning the wing defensively.  

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah.  Hunter, Bey, OO (thinking next year) is a small frontcourt though.   

You have to add some size for sure but presumably you will get back some value if you are moving JC and CC and some of that value will be in the frontcourt to help flesh that rotation out.  If you keep one or both of them, then you have JC and JJ at a minimum as bigs (and Griff and Bogi available behind AH).

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

A Trae/Murray/Hunter/Bey/OO17 starting 5 might be the smallest lineup of all-time.

If JJ kept developing, that gets you a bit bigger.  I will concede that DM's size has been a bigger issue for the team defensively than I had hoped for.  You would have to have a larger big coming off the bench if you were going with a Hunter Bey/JJ OO frontcourt.  They should be very mobile and do a superior job on the perimeter and tracking PNR, etc.