• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What I like about JJ the most is he is willing to do anything to help the team win!!

Wurider05

We need more guys out there who will do what it takes to win and not just "get his". That has always been my issue with JC. If his shot isn't falling he doesn't step it up in other places. This kid here is special. He can rebound, play D, make hustle plays, and he can knock down the three. He is what I was hoping JC would have been. If he can work on that jumper folks we will have someone special. He just has the dog in in. Same can be said about AJ--but he needs to be able to be effective even when his shot isn't falling. 

• Thanks 2

JJ is probably the guy I'm most excited to see Quin mold over the summer.  I love JC as well, but the main reason I would be OK with moving him is so that JJ could get more minutes.  I think this dude is gonna be really, really special for us.

Edited by Phunkabilly
  • Like 1

Talent wise, JJ has the tools to be a star. He needs more time to grow on the court, but he can definitely be one of our better players in a couple of years.

We still need a big time talent on the low block. I don’t see that in JJ’s bag.

• Like 1

I like the fact that he can bring the ball up the floor and we don't have to worry about him bouncing it off his foot or knee.  He's a good rebounder.  He can and does start a fast break, hitting the player in stride.

He's a keeper!

:smug:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Packfill said:

I am still not sure about JJ.  I do think next season will be very important for him to establish himself as a regular contributor.  He should be doing a lot of shooting work in the off-season.

His stroke looks good to me.  I think it's probably more of a mental/confidence thing with him.  Especially early on in the season, you could clearly see times where if he missed a couple of shots in a row, he would hesitate to put it back up.  And I'm sure the bright lights and big crowds can make a young guy like that a bit nervous and a gun shy as well.  The more reps he gets, the more used to the spotlight he'll be, which will only help him with his self-confidence.  He already seemed to be taking massive steps in that regard towards the end of the season.  For what it's worth, he shot 21% from three before the new year, and 38% after the new year... so even though the yearly average still looked pretty bleak, he was definitely trending in the right direction.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

JJ is probably the guy I'm most excited to see Quin mold over the summer.  I love JC as well, but the main reason I would be OK with moving him is so that JJ could get more minutes.  I think this dude is gonna be really, really special for us.

I hear this a lot.  Let's move JC so that JJ can take over.

JJ played 14.9 minutes... and gave us 5.6 ppg.   He also gave us 28.8% from 3.

I think the Legend of JJ is much greater than the actuality.   The actuality is that he's giving us a JHoli like performance... and we're trying to make him the starter. 

He's fun to watch, but let's let him mature before we get rid of JC....  JC is trended towards being a  18/8  39% 3 pt shooter again.   No need to rush him out of the door .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I hear this a lot.  Let's move JC so that JJ can take over.

JJ played 14.9 minutes... and gave us 5.6 ppg.   He also gave us 28.8% from 3.

I think the Legend of JJ is much greater than the actuality.   The actuality is that he's giving us a JHoli like performance... and we're trying to make him the starter. 

He's fun to watch, but let's let him mature before we get rid of JC....  JC is trended towards being a  18/8  39% 3 pt shooter again.   No need to rush him out of the door .

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it's also about the cost... if you feel like you can get similar production out of a guy making a fraction of the money that JC is, then maybe that money is better used to make a significant upgrade at another position.  Don't get me wrong though, I like both guys a lot, so I wouldn't be opposed to having JC start and JJ backup again... although I would like to see JJ's minutes be bumped up to around the 20 mpg mark, regardless as to whether he starts or not.