• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey and JJ are the primary targets. Capela is going to a 3rd team. Minnesota wants to slower the cap for 2024-25 as they are extremely hard capped next year. 

I gotta admit I would be thrilled if that is all we gave up. KAT can replace the offense provided by all 3 pretty easily. I would just be worried about the defense, but Capela is the only good defender being lost and OO is taking his spot.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Also told that Rudy Gay will be in the trade framework. 

This could go down later tonight or tomorrow. 

Is this you hoping or do you have a legit source saying this.

Supes, if this don’t go through and you went full insider post spree here I’m gonna go full sturt

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
Just now, LucastheThird said:

I gotta admit I would be thrilled if that is all we gave up. KAT can replace the offense provided by all 3 pretty easily. I would just be worried about the defense, but Capela is the only good defender being lost and OO is taking his spot.

Yeah, what is going out is what I really meant.  If we only give up Capela, Gay, Bey, and JJ, this will be a great deal for the Hawks.  I expect at least one or two firsts will be included, though.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is gonna rock the NBA. Murray extension should be announced soon too. 

I saw him liking a couple tweets alluding to that too. Why would he leave money on the table? 

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

The contracts for Ant and Jaden will be massive. Force their hand. They just want cheaper fits and premium draft picks. Bey is their guy is what I was told.

• Thanks 3

Just now, aali34 said:

I saw him liking a couple tweets alluding to that too. Why would he leave money on the table? 

He doesn't want to be traded and he wants to stick as Atlanta building a contender. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LarsV8 said:

Is Houston getting Capella 🙃

They are one of the teams mentioned. It's gonna be a lot cheaper than it was during the draft. I am told the 3rd team must take on Gay and provide cap relief to Minnesota. Meaning a contract that can't go over this season or cap space period. I am hearing multiple 2nds but no 1sts which is why a lot of teams are interested. Houston does have the relationship with the Hawks that will benefit them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LarsV8 said:

We don't have many tradable contracts except KPJ. 

Unless it gets rolled into the existing Dillon Brooks 5 team mega sign and trade. lol

I think it's the ability to take on Capela and Gay. If Atlanta adds this to the JC deal, money doesn't have to equal. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The contracts for Ant and Jaden will be massive. Force their hand. They just want cheaper fits and premium draft picks. Bey is their guy is what I was told.

We don’t have the picks to trade. And you said Capela will likely fetch 2nd rounders. So where are the premium draft picks coming from?

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

We don’t have the picks to trade. And you said Capela will likely fetch 2nd rounders. So where are the premium draft picks coming from?

Us. 2024, we still got. 2030, we still got. A part of that is they want Gay attached to him and his trade market was better before the draft.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1