• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

46 minutes ago, akay said:

Can't wait for this years Harden big boy suit, mans a master of sabotage

James Harden got absolutely body-bagged for his weight by a ...

Sam Amick twit'd that Harden doesn't wanna play for PHI no mo.

I honestly don't blame Harden considering it seems obvious they agreed on something to get him to re-sign and PHI didn't seem to follow through. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good lawt they are dumb. So let me get this straight.. Harden is 5 years older, Morey is nuttier, yet they still believe they can win a title? Embiid gave it his best last year and it wasn’t nearly good enough for team success. Nah, the Sixers are delusional. Either that or they know they won’t win but want to make money which is always the case anyways. Sad. 

ps Suck the Fixers! :dance:

• Like 4

• Moderators

Ie, I’m going to make this so toxic you’ll be willing to trade me for a discount even though I could have gone to literally any team in the league as an UFA this offseason.  But I wanted my money more than that so I obviously locked that in at the expense of having that control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Afro said:

🙄

The announcement 📣 part 2.. 😂 

I’m taking my talents to ________. 

ps Audience be like: 🤨 

pps Harden is bat 🦇 $hit crazy if I may. 

My friend just recently summed Harden up in one word which captured it all..

Jacka$$ 😃 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Afro said:

🙄

Btw Harden moved on from “dad bod” to “yoda” yo wtffff you eating bro? Whatever leftover off Luka plate 🍽️ or what? 

Morey should just bowling 🎳 style roll Harden a$$ down the street.

Also, if I’m Morey, I play the same game as with Ben Simmons, we can wait.

Maybe that’s what Harden wants anyways to have an excuse to take the first 3/4 of the season off. 

Harden is a friggin idiot. Having said that Morey sucks too. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ie, I’m going to make this so toxic you’ll be willing to trade me for a discount even though I could have gone to literally any team in the league as an UFA this offseason.  But I wanted my money more than that so I obviously locked that in at the expense of having that control.

lol yeah, pretty much.  It does seem likely that Morey promised to trade him if he opted in.  It makes sense for both parties to want him to opt in -- Philly doesn't have talent/salary walking out the door without retaining someones bird rights (even mediocre players is better than nothing) and Harden gets paid.  No idea what that conversation looked like, but I am enjoying the cluster that is Philly right now.

Good for the 76ers.  

Lets try this as a personal matter.  You have a used car or pickup for sale for $20.000.00.  I say that's great.  I'll take it.  Bring me the title and it's a deal.  When you bring the title I hand you a check for $200.00.  This is all I'm paying.:rtfm:

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol yeah, pretty much.  It does seem likely that Morey promised to trade him if he opted in.  It makes sense for both parties to want him to opt in -- Philly doesn't have talent/salary walking out the door without retaining someones bird rights (even mediocre players is better than nothing) and Harden gets paid.  No idea what that conversation looked like, but I am enjoying the cluster that is Philly right now.

I'm sure Morey did tell him they would look to trade him.  My guess is neither side talked about how it would play out if Philly didn't get good offers for him.  Harden assumed they would trade him no matter what.  Morey probably planned from the beginning that he would keep Harden as the fallback.  Harden can't say he didn't know exactly who he was signing up with but he still did it to lock in the money.  It was one of the reasons everyone was a little surprised by that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm sure Morey did tell him they would look to trade him.  My guess is neither side talked about how it would play out if Philly didn't get good offers for him.  Harden assumed they would trade him no matter what.  Morey probably planned from the beginning that he would keep Harden as the fallback.  Harden can't say he didn't know exactly who he was signing up with but he still did it to lock in the money.  It was one of the reasons everyone was a little surprised by that.

The reporting at the time of him opting in was that he had played his last game in Philly.  I think the way you are filling in the blanks is a little different than me.  The league only has itself to blame for these types of outcomes.  They've created a cap system that doesn't allow free agency to work as intended.  Guys making $30M+ and especially $40/50M+ don't even have options in free agency because of how the soft cap / hard cap works.  I blame the system more than anything, and they just had a chance to fix it but didn't.