• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Can the Bucks retain Middleton, Brook Lopez AND Bobby Portis.

They are all their own free agents, so yes they can.  It's just a matter of if the Bucks are willing to go past the 2nd apron.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They are all their own free agents, so yes they can.  It's just a matter of if the Bucks are willing to go past the 2nd apron.

Wow that’s crazy though, that’s 3 starters on a team that won the ring 3 years ago.

I don’t think they are retaining all 3 even if they can, it wouldn’t be smart for them. My thought at least.

If I’m the Bucks I retain 2/3 and let Portis walk.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

3 starters

Sorry correction Bobby is 6th man but still top 6 dudes he’s one.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The scrubs drafted him, his twin 👯‍♀️ Brandin Podz. :er:

Wonder if this was a Bob Myers pick.  If so, that means that kid's gonna bust.  Myers was terrible at drafting.

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Portis would be the perfect thick with Trae. Dude is tough, plays at his own pace, he can shoot. He’s got spice.

Agree on all counts.

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, that's kinda the question ain't it?  At some point, they gotta try and get cheaper replacements with more meat on the bone I imagine.  I doubt they bring them all back.  Jmho 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shakes said:

glad we have no money cause this class of FA's is straight garbage.

The weird part is, because nba media is so terrible, kinda feels like they're building it up the same way as when guys like KD are free agents.  Basically pizzin' on folks and saying it's rain.  We ain't stupid.  Stop tryna sell folks on friggin Cameron Johnson and Fred Van Vleet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The weird part is, because nba media is so terrible, kinda feels like they're building it up the same way as when guys like KD are free agents.  Basically pizzin' on folks and saying it's rain.  We ain't stupid.  Stop tryna sell folks on friggin Cameron Johnson and Fred Van Vleet. 

Yup exactly what Bird said too they do the same stuff every year and we are supposed to fall for it. See, this is why I hate the media, I hate technology!!!! That’s the devil 👿. Good word I sound like Ted Kaczynski at Cal in the 60’s or something but 2 things I’m mad about..

1. Adam Silver and the money 💰 making agenda. I hate that the NBA is flooded with “the need to tie ish together”.. like if it happens that a player meets another for a playoff matchup, fine but don’t manufacture it. 

2. This ties in with #1. Silver is trying to spread the cake and continue to do so around the world 🌎 bringing in new fans. That’s wonderful I love new blood 🩸 and it has to continue.. however, he’s dumbing it down via the help of media to make it boring for some who have been fans for a minute.

Basically what I’m saying is I want vet fans. I don’t wanna dumb the ish down and water pure basketball 🏀 and filter it with crap 💩.

Unfortunately, to quote @JayBirdHawk “I’ll be here for it..”

The NBA is like nicotine of heroin, once you get a taste 👅 you’re screwed, stay away kids!!! -Uncle Spud 🥔 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have wanted a Raptor 🦖..

I’ll take a Buck 🦌

JUST GET A BODYYYYY!!!! YOU’RE MESSIN WITH FOLKS FEELINGS HERE AT SQUAWK 🦜 

image.gif.1d08d8373ed8b166aa89ffc4055d296e.gif

ughhhh im sorry I uhhh

image.gif.2c97ee8bef0b91027b712db686aa2b6d.gif

I’ll take a Clipper too! Based on what Burd just posted.. :huh: 💃 💃 💃 

image.gif.495b1cd4c0fca903b397f6f434ad29f3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could it be that we here on the Squawk are looking at the wrong end of the lists?  Go to the cheapest and work your way up until you find the one you like the most.  No.  We look at the most expensive and say: "I wish we had that one but we can't afford him."

There must be some pretty good players out there who just need a spot where they could fit in.  Players who would be happy to come to Atlanta and play for our coach.  Players who are willing and able to do the dirty work of grinding every game. not getting the praise and glory, but getting the job done right, night after night.

🧑‍🔧Building.

• Like 1