• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gay and Gueye

NBASupes

• Moderators

$6.5M this year and then he expires.  I hope he bring the kind of leadership that Vince Carter did.  (Because I don't expect his game to be any more impactful than that.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

$6.5M this year and then he expires.  I hope he bring the kind of leadership that Vince Carter did.  (Because I don't expect his game to be any more impactful than that.)

As long as he understands his role. Seems he did last season.

Gay lost his spot in the rotation in 2022 and didn’t play at all during the Jazz’s playoff run. He was angry, and that anger didn’t help the already tense locker room.

And while there’s always multiple sides to every story — from Gay’s perspective he was brought into the fold and told that he would have a big role, that he would be playing and that he was needed — the fact is that Gay did not live up to expectations for the 2021-22 Jazz.

Coming into the 2022-23 season, with a different coach, a different roster of players and different overall expectations for the team, Gay was given an entirely different role.

He was going to play a little bit, not a lot, and the level of his on-court production was not necessarily important. His role in the locker room was the priority. He would need to take on the role of mentor and to guide the Jazz’s young players through a strange season and make sure that development was possible despite game results.

That’s not an easy transition for a basketball player to make. It’s not easy to accept that you aren’t the focal point of a roster, that Father Time has caught up.

The most impressive thing that Gay did this season was accept his place in the NBA, and he did it with grace. He admitted that it was a difficult thing to do, but he didn’t want people to remember him as a person who went out kicking and screaming and complaining.

Are we keeping him though?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta pride month starts with a bang. Welcome to Atlanta, Rudy Gay. We need more vets on the bench. Glad to have you. 

Funny thing is I always thought we stayed away from Gay even in his prime because of the perception of the city but I guess since most of this world has folded in that regard it won't be as much of a distraction to have to Gueye's/Gay's 😆.

Edited by sillent
  • Haha 1