• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's your ideal 10 man roster coming into the season?

sillent

If I had it my way mine would be 

Starters 

PG Trae Young

SG Dejounte Murray

SF Saddiq Bey

PF Onyeka Okongwu

C Deandre Ayton

Bench

PG Kobe Bufkin

SG Bogdan Bogdanovic

SF AJ Griffin

PF Jalen Johnson

C Brook Lopez

Honestly I'd be happy staying pat but with all the talks of more changes to come I doubt we do that. This team would give us size and I believe Onyeka can move into the power forward spot with a good shooting/3 point shooting Center. With Ayton the Hawks can have their "big 3" plus plus because of all the versatility on the team. I'd add KAT too but I'd doubt we'd be able to get him without tearing into our new youth movement (Bey, OO, JJ, AJ, rooks).

I think Suns may prefer Clint/Hunter/Bogi but to keep salary under wraps they may only be able to get 2 unless Saddiq Bey replaces Hunter but I know we want to keep Bey for the long haul. So I guess we'll see how it goes. 

Honestly again personally I'd add Brook Lopez and stand pat but if we have to make a bang this is the route I'd go. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Trae-DJM-Bey-Siakam-OO

Trae-DJM-PG-Bey-OO

Trae-DJM-Brown-Bey-OO

Trae-DJM-Bey-OO-Lopez

OO needs starter minutes and id prefer it at the 5.

Those squads look good to and yes I definitely get it. Jaylen Brown, Paul George, KAT, Ayton are all on my list as far as that 3rd star. Honestly you're right too I'd rather have KAT with OO if I were going to move OO to power forward. Actually KAT could just be the PF. I was about to correct myself original post exchanging Ayton for KAT because I did say if we had it out way. I like Ayton Better as an overall player but KAT would be the best fit.

Edited by sillent

1 hour ago, sillent said:

If I had it my way mine would be 

Starters 

PG Trae Young

SG Dejounte Murray

SF Saddiq Bey

PF Onyeka Okongwu

C Deandre Ayton

Bench

PG Kobe Bufkin

SG Bogdan Bogdanovic

SF AJ Griffin

PF Jalen Johnson

C Brook Lopez

Honestly I'd be happy staying pat but with all the talks of more changes to come I doubt we do that. This team would give us size and I believe Onyeka can move into the power forward spot with a good shooting/3 point shooting Center. With Ayton the Hawks can have their "big 3" plus plus because of all the versatility on the team. I'd add KAT too but I'd doubt we'd be able to get him without tearing into our new youth movement (Bey, OO, JJ, AJ, rooks).

I think Suns may prefer Clint/Hunter/Bogi but to keep salary under wraps they may only be able to get 2 unless Saddiq Bey replaces Hunter but I know we want to keep Bey for the long haul. So I guess we'll see how it goes. 

Honestly again personally I'd add Brook Lopez and stand pat but if we have to make a bang this is the route I'd go. 

Didn't do the math but if we really wanted to make a splash I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up looking like this.

PG Trae SG DJ SF JJ PF KAT C OO

Bench

PG Kobe SG Seth SF AJ PF Kyle Anderson C Brook Lopez

It would be nice if we could squeeze Knight out of Minny too but it would depend on how they value him. I'm sure though if they get rid of KAT he'd instantly become more valuable to them. We'd probably be giving up Clint, Hunter, Bogi and Bey but it would give us 3 legit all stars (2 possible stars/superstars) and still have a nice bench. Knowing Quinn one of Kobe or Seth wouldn't play much but either could play at SG with Trae and DJ off the bench.

Edited by sillent

Well I would start with my keepers

PG: Young/Bufkin

SG: Murray/Griffin

SF: Hunter/Bey

PF: ?/JJ

C : ?/OO

Basically we need a starting Frontcourt, JJ and OO would be the weakest Frontcourt on the league in quality and size.

Yo sign that starting Frontcourt we can use Bogi and Capela as trading pieces. 

Bogi is a good player but if Bogi stays we need to play AJ as backup SF and Bey as PF, all of them undersized for a allready undersized team, we are allready undersized with Young and OO. Best thing we can do is trade Bogi for a Frontcourt player and use AJ and Bey at the positiions they have good size for.

The only good thing of trading JC is that we have minutes for AJ and JJ but they need to play on the best positiions for them.

Move Capela to the bench. Then we've got 48 minutes of strong C play (OO + Cap) and PG play (Trae + Murray). Bey probably starts at 4.

Trae/Kobe

Murray/Griffin

Hunter/Bogi

Bey/JJ

OO/Cap

We've got the MLE and a big TPE too. I'd be looking for a 2 way wing with those but they don't grow on trees.

• Like 1

If we buy into Snyder’s Hawks University and team ball, I’d like to see this group grow together:

Trae - Bufkin

Griffin - Bogi

JJohnson - Bey

Siakam - KAnderson

OO - Lopez

Here are my 10.  Between Murray, Hunter, and Capela, we acquire Siakam plus any picks/young prospects to make up for what we lost in the original Murray trade + a TPE/additional future cap relief.  This team competes now (maybe not a contender) and can afford to sustain.  Gueye hopefully develops into someone that takes over off the bench a year or two away. 

This team is versatile, unselfish, and competitive. 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Thanks 1