• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, TyTy Washington

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

I liked Ty Ty from last years draft. His best skill is his passing and I thought he could have some defensive upside. Haven't tracked his development or lack there of in Houston though.

He didn't develop at all like the rest of the Rockets not named Sengun

• Like 1

I believe I recall TyTy being mocked to us in a few drafts last year.  Kentucky guards DO have a pretty good track record for panning out in the NBA.  Certainly seems like we could do worse for a College Park stash and emergency PG.  @NBASupes, do you think he has a better chance of sticking with us, compared to say Tyrese Martin or Trent Forrest?

1 hour ago, Phunkabilly said:

I believe I recall TyTy being mocked to us in a few drafts last year.  Kentucky guards DO have a pretty good track record for panning out in the NBA.  Certainly seems like we could do worse for a College Park stash and emergency PG.  @NBASupes, do you think he has a better chance of sticking with us, compared to say Tyrese Martin or Trent Forrest?

Hell yeah! I thought we recently cut Forrest. Washington can legit be our backup PG in 2024-25. 

Forrest is still on the squad as a Two-way, let's see if he sticks with Washington here. I doubt it because our beat writer said they want to two way Gueye and Lundy

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Will be rooting for this Cat to make it.  Will take a lot of development to get in a trusted spot in the rotation.  He is 21 so definitely has time to make some significant progress.  I think Supes' prediction of him being our backup point guard in 2024-25 would be a fantastic outcome for us.  He has a long way to go for sure to get there.

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

TyTy was Sam Vecinie’s 14th rated player in the 2022 draft.  AJ Griffin was 12th.  

As a UK fan, I would have been beside myself if we had used our pick on TyTy.  (Not in a good way.)  And that is doubly true given that AJ was on the board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Will be rooting for this Cat to make it.  Will take a lot of development to get in a trusted spot in the rotation.  He is 21 so definitely has time to make some significant progress.  I think Supes' prediction of him being our backup point guard in 2024-25 would be a fantastic outcome for us.  He has a long way to go for sure to get there.

As a UK fan, I would have been beside myself if we had used our pick on TyTy.  (Not in a good way.)  And that is doubly true given that AJ was on the board.

Yep, it's going to take him being developed. As Jamaaliver mentioned on RealGM, his play in the Gleague was highly valued by those who watched. I still think he's a year away from a prominent role on winning team and still needs more development as well as polish. Him and Usman are a year away if developed. 

Edited by NBASupes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...