• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks to play a game in Mexico City November 9th vs the Magic

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Hawks to play a game in Mexico City November 9th vs the Magic
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, shakes said:

sweet, a game vs another east coast time zone team that will now take place at 9 or 10 pm instead of 7 on a work night.  😡

Actually,  surprisingly Mexico City is in Central time.  I think it's further east than Denver.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Actually,  surprisingly Mexico City is in Central time.  I think it's further east than Denver.  

weird, my computer says it is central time zone, but then it lists the current time as mountain time zone.

• Confused 1

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

weird, my computer says it is central time zone, but then it lists the current time as mountain time zone.

Who knows.  might be the daylight savings time thing but i do think that it's a much shorter flight from atlanta than a lot of the western conference teams.   Still seems like the fans there would be more excited about an LA team. 

29 minutes ago, shakes said:

Could it be they recognize some weird daylight savings thing down there?  I'm showing them as CST but the current time is 2 hours behind. 

Am we dumb?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Could it be they recognize some weird daylight savings thing down there?  I'm showing them as CST but the current time is 2 hours behind. 

Am we dumb?

that makes sense.  so it'll be one hour in the winter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Will be there no matter what. 

If any Squawkers are making the trip drop me a line maybe we can organize something, lot's of fun stuff to do here. 

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But look at @JayBirdHawk post right after mine.  Seems to indicate there is no daylight savings there?  Am I reading that right?  I really want to get to the bottom of this 😄

There used to be a very similar daylight savings period that mirrored U.S. but it was scrapped this year. 

EDIT: To clarify: Time zone has traditionally been CST, but now we are 1 hour behind CST for half of the year. Been kind of a mess for me, I work remotely for a U.S. company and the change in time zone this year has broken all the meetings I schedule on outlook lol. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Am we dumb?

maybe it's like Phoenix which for some reason is in different time zones depending on the time of year.

• 3 months later...