• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day 8-9...

Diesel

• Premium Member

As you look around the NBA...

What one player could you trade Trae for that would make the team we have right now...  Locks to be in the Finals?

Don't worry about cap or salary.. Just a straight up one for one.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Trae

just kidding.   I'm going Jokic.  Not sure there is one player that would make it a lock though.   

I was thinking Jokic.. but a simple replace would mean...

DJ, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Jokic.

It don't feel like a championship lock.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

What do you think about.....

Jaylen Brown?

Murray, Brown, Hunter, JJ, CC

or

Giannis?

Murray, AJ, Hunter, Giannis, CC 

Not Brown because the we need a #1 guy.  That's not Brown

Giannis is my favorite but there's not enough shooting in a lineup that includes DJ, Giannis and Cap.

Jokic checks almost every box that Giannis does with better shooting, rebounding and passing.   

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Not Brown because the we need a #1 guy.  That's not Brown

Giannis is my favorite but there's not enough shooting in a lineup that includes DJ, Giannis and Cap.

Jokic checks almost every box that Giannis does with better shooting, rebounding and passing.   

Our holes in such a trade are SG and PF... with SF being weak.

This thread is really an indication of the value of Trae.   However, let's go back to the Luka Suggestion.

So we get Luka...

DJ, AJ, Hunter, Luka, CC

Luka is just as good a passer as Trae and he will get rebounds and points.  Having watched Luka in the playoffs though.. I don't see the guy who can guarantee us a trip to the finals.   His defense will be suspect.  And this time, we have suspect defense at a position where you need good defenders.   We don't often talk about hiding players on defense... but it's kinda easier to hide Trae on defense.   Trae is not going to match up with Tatum or with Butler.   He's not trying to guard Giannis.   He doesn't have to deal with Randle. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Our holes in such a trade are SG and PF... with SF being weak.

This thread is really an indication of the value of Trae.   However, let's go back to the Luka Suggestion.

So we get Luka...

DJ, AJ, Hunter, Luka, CC

Luka is just as good a passer as Trae and he will get rebounds and points.  Having watched Luka in the playoffs though.. I don't see the guy who can guarantee us a trip to the finals.   His defense will be suspect.  And this time, we have suspect defense at a position where you need good defenders.   We don't often talk about hiding players on defense... but it's kinda easier to hide Trae on defense.   Trae is not going to match up with Tatum or with Butler.   He's not trying to guard Giannis.   He doesn't have to deal with Randle. 

Luka didn't guarantee Dallas a trip to the playoffs last year.  He is not going to guarantee a championship for sure.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Luka didn't guarantee Dallas a trip to the playoffs last year.  He is not going to guarantee a championship for sure.

I don't disagree.   Especially being that he had Kyrie.