• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name your top 10 all time list of NBA players

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

If I were to do my favorite NBA players of all time....

1. Dominique. 
  2. Trae - Already
  3. Dikembe Mutombo
  4. Joe Johnson
  5. Dr. J 
  6. Paul Millsap
  7. Michael Jordan 
  8. John Drew
  9. Mookie Blaylock
  10. KG 

My Favorite College players of all time. 

1. Jamal Mashburn
  2. Allen Iverson
  3. Alonzo Morning 
  4. Vince Carter/Antwain Jamison
  5. Dennis Scott 
  6. Dominique 
  7. Stephon Marbury
  8. Stacey Augmon/Larry Johnson
  9. Travis Best 
  10. Kenny Anderson 

Still I want to put Mookie Blaylock and Rex Chapman  and Sean May and Marcus Camby.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Antwain Jamison

The confusion on draft night. 😂 I remember the classic look at Antwan’s face, he was legit confused and it wasn’t 🚀 science 😂. A simple switch of him and VC and their caps 🧢 🤣 #classicdeerheadlights

10 hours ago, shakes said:

Gonna do it a little different and pick my top 10 favorite players of all time.  Off the top of my head and I'm sure I forgot some people...

1.  MJ

2.  Scottie

3.  Trae

4.  Chris Mullin

5.  Derrick Rose (pre-injuries)

6.  Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul Rauf)

7.  Rocket Rod Strickland

8.  Bobby Hurley

9.  Dennis Rodman (Bulls version)

10.  Mark Aguirre

How is the guy you hate on 80% of the time, your 3rd favorite player of all time?

Make it make sense.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The confusion on draft night. 😂 I remember the classic look at Antwan’s face, he was legit confused and it wasn’t 🚀 science 😂. A simple switch of him and VC and their caps 🧢🤣 #classicdeerheadlights

As a college player.. I consider him and VC Beastly.. Rasheed may have made my list but I remember him crying underneath the goal after a light foul.  Or should I say Wailing.  I hated leaving the Cambyman off my list but My Ga Tech guys had to be on the list.  If you let me, I would have put Craig Neal, Jarrett Jack, and Malcolm Mackey on the list.  And James Forrest. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I wonder if by the time it’s all said and done ✔️, will Trae climb above Nique on the all time fav’s list for us?  🤔 

IF it were an Atlanta Hawks top 10...

1. Nique
  2. Trae
  3. Joe Johnson
  4. Dikembe
  5. Millsap
  6. Mookie
  7. Shareef
  8. Jeff Teague
  9. Korver
  10. John Drew

This is actually hard.   It's like picking your favorite child.  If Trae takes us to the Chip.. he will probably replace Nique.  However, Nique did one thing that no other Hawk has done since.  Keep us relevant.  We were always a threat with Nique on the floor.  We were always a draw.   We were America's Team on WTBS with Nique.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

If I were to do my favorite NBA players of all time....

1. Dominique. 
  2. Trae - Already
  3. Dikembe Mutombo
  4. Joe Johnson
  5. Dr. J 
  6. Paul Millsap
  7. Michael Jordan 
  8. John Drew
  9. Mookie Blaylock
  10. KG 

My Favorite College players of all time. 

1. Jamal Mashburn
  2. Allen Iverson
  3. Alonzo Morning 
  4. Vince Carter/Antwain Jamison
  5. Dennis Scott 
  6. Dominique 
  7. Stephon Marbury
  8. Stacey Augmon/Larry Johnson
  9. Travis Best 
  10. Kenny Anderson 

Still I want to put Mookie Blaylock and Rex Chapman  and Sean May and Marcus Camby.  

college top 10 is a great idea.  Would give me a place to put my Bobby Hurley.   Like you I was also a big Rex Chapman guy back in the day.  Still think he got screwed in the dunk contest.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How is the guy you hate on 80% of the time, your 3rd favorite player of all time?

Make it make sense.

because I'm not a homer and I give guys tough love when (A) they deserve it a and (B) I see a ton of wasted potential that needs to be capitalized on.  

This may shock you, but there's no one who posts here who's (A) a  bigger Trae fan than me and (B) has been a Trae fan as long as I have.

It's called not being a homer, a very foreign concept to most who post here.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I remember dude. Year of the mediocre bigs. Who ended up drafting Mackey?

Ouch..  You calling a thing a thing out here??

16/10 and 1...  He should have left after his Junior year. 

He played 1 year with the Suns but never caught on... 

image.png

He's out here selling Mercedes... In Buckhead.  That's sadder than the time that I found out that Keith McKeller was selling Toyotas....  He also has a podcast.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu0BWDIgQCk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He played 1 year with the Suns but never caught on... 

😞 dang that’s it? I thought 3 years. Who was better, him or our 15th pick that one year Doug Edwards from Florida State, Sam Cassell’s teammate? I think Doug lasted 3 years but when we picked him, I knew immediately that we wasted a pick, even as a teen, I was like.. this guy stinks 😷.

2 hours ago, shakes said:

Would give me a place to put my Bobby Hurley. 

I’ll give you a place to put your Bobby Hurley..

:heya:

big Rex

Sexy Rex yes same, white boy had hoppers beyond recognition. I liked his young Horcat days in the dunk comp. Didn’t he have a mullet too, a mini mull?

because I'm not a homer

You said yourself you were a Trae homer so which is it? 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s how I got hooked. I was in Houston and the Bay Area, if not for them being televised I’d be a Rocket 🚀 Lakers Clipps or Kings fan.

Storytime with Old Man Diesel...

I want to say that we were America's Team before the Cowboys stole the idea. 

This was born out of the simple mindedness of Ted Turner.   He had won the America's cup of Yachting...  and he labelled his basketball team as America's team... and every game was on WTBS.   Ted Turner has had such an impact on my life!!

In Atlanta, there were 4 stations... well really 5.. 

ABC, NBC, CBS, WTBS, and whatever Channel 46 was. 

I grew up with my dial on WTBS and Channel 46.  Who needed the stinking news!! (But there was Knight Rider)...  (See how @Diesel drop those Jewels for yall).   Anyway, the influence of TT...  My grandfather and I would watch the Braves... every game.... he was a diehard fan.  We watched them lose every year.  IN fact, the year he died was the first year they won the pennant in their 14 year streak.   But Ted Turner did more than just put his teams on TV... He would have Atlanta Public Schools Night.    I was inundated with the Braves and the Hawks.  Then there was Ga Championship Wrestling on WTBS.   You couldn't lose introducing my generation to Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo McDaniels, and Thunderbolt Patterson.  Hell that was my generations Manga.  You couldn't beat Mr. Wrestling #1 and the Masked Superstar.    You couldn't get no better than Wildfire Tommy Rich and Stan the Man Hansen.   When the 4 horsemen broke Dusty Rhodes Arm on Jimmy Carter BLVD... I knew the spot. 

So I said all of that to say Thanks to Ted Turner because without you, I may have become a Boston fan or something... YUCK...  I might be somewhere worried about the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, and WWF Wrestling...  That's not being raised right... or even worst... NY.

• Like 1