• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name your top 10 all time list of NBA players

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Awesome story with an awesome ending. Had you become a Matt Damon we never woulda met your awesome a$$! :dance:

Then I'd be rhyming Bah and Cah and people wouldn't be sure what I was talking about. 

But Cah is the sound that the Hawks make on TNT. 

and Bah is from that song by the Clash.. Roch that Cash Bah...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Like @TheNorthCydeRises, I'm only listing players that I watched.  I know there are likely to be better players, but I don't like to speak to things that I have no direct exposure to.

Top 10 - NBA

1. MJ
  2. Kobe
  3. Magic
  4. Bird
  5. LeBron
  6. Duncan
  7. Curry
  8. Olajuwon
  9. Shaq
  10. Chuck

Top 5 - Hawks

1. Trae
  2. Nique
  3. Deke
  4. JJ
  5. Smitty

Top 5 - Favorite Non-Hawks

1. Allen Iverson
    2. Rip Hamilton
    3. Ben Wallace
    4. DWade
    5. Mark Jackson

Top 5 - Favorite Hawks

1. Mookie
    2. Trae
    3. Nique
    4. Deke
    5. Grant Long

Top 5 - NBA most underrated

1. Rip Hamilton
    2. Nique
    3. Larry Bird (by the new generation's standards)
    4. John Stockton (As a scorer)
    5. Trae

Top 5 most overrated

1. Karl Malone
    2. Pippen
    3. Kyrie Irving
    4. Paul Pierce
    5. Steph Curry (As a "point guard."  He's not)

Top 5ish least favorite players...

1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Bird
    4. LeBron
    5. Bron
    6. This joker...
        Reveal hidden contents

7. King James
    8. LeFlop
    9. Le3-6
    10. Bill Lambier
    11. This punk
        Reveal hidden contents

12. BronBron
    13. The fart face on the far right
        Reveal hidden contents

14. LBJ
    15. Paul Pierce
    16. This pretentious clown
        Reveal hidden contents

17. This freaking guy 
        Reveal hidden contents

A man after mine own heart!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Grant Long

Heck ya my guy! 

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Top 5 most overrated

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Steph Curry (As a "point guard."  He's not)

I’m falling in love 🥰 with you all over again! Say it louder for the b..folks in the back!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I generally care more about "highest peak" than longevity, and I don't accolade count team stats (rings) as much as most.  Not including older generation guys I have no real opinion of on my own.  Four active players on here so clearly I'm biased towards later generations:

1. MJ

2. Kareem

3. Lebron

4.  Magic

5. Duncan

6. Bird

7. Curry

8. Shaq

9. Jokic

10. KD

• Premium Member
    10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@AHF

What do you think

Watching this film makes me think...

Iverson in his prime didn't even get the same type of defense thrown at him that Miami threw at Trae. 

The Lakers shaded a man towards Iverson and then doubled on the perimeter...

Trae out an outright double team and a third man shading him at all times. 

Also...

It's true that players with higher gravity are forced to take harder shots and therefore their efficiency will suffer for it.  More often than not, what makes their gravity so high is that they are good and they don't have other scorers or self scorers on the team.   Even though dude made the 76ers look like the keystone cops, they didn't really have another scorer who could make having the ball out of iverson's hand mean something until later in his career.   The players have to be there and the scheme has to be intentional. 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Watching this film makes me think...

Iverson in his prime didn't even get the same type of defense thrown at him that Miami threw at Trae. 

The Lakers shaded a man towards Iverson and then doubled on the perimeter...

Trae out an outright double team and a third man shading him at all times. 

Also...

It's true that players with higher gravity are forced to take harder shots and therefore their efficiency will suffer for it.  More often than not, what makes their gravity so high is that they are good and they don't have other scorers or self scorers on the team.   Even though dude made the 76ers look like the keystone cops, they didn't really have another scorer who could make having the ball out of iverson's hand mean something until later in his career.   The players have to be there and the scheme has to be intentional. 

Good post D. Strong 💪🏿 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Trae is better than Iverson. I mean, early in Trae’s career but he’s highly skilled in scoring (inside and out, that’s key like Iverson did) and passing (waayyyy better than Iverson).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
    6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is better than Iverson. I mean, early in Trae’s career but he’s highly skilled in scoring (inside and out, that’s key like Iverson did) and passing (waayyyy better than Iverson).

I will say definitely yes and a little no. 

When you say better than Iverson, the cynical answer is "At What".   Trae is a better PG.   Trae is a more efficient scorer.  Trae is a better shooter.  But Iverson was better at scoring at the hoop.  While I believe that Trae has the GOAT FLOAT ... Iverson just made his way to the bucket...most of the time.. and scored.   It's the only place where I see Iverson with a true advantage over Trae. 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Moderators
    9 hours ago, Diesel said:

I will say definitely yes and a little no. 

When you say better than Iverson, the cynical answer is "At What".   Trae is a better PG.   Trae is a more efficient scorer.  Trae is a better shooter.  But Iverson was better at scoring at the hoop.  While I believe that Trae has the GOAT FLOAT ... Iverson just made his way to the bucket...most of the time.. and scored.   It's the only place where I see Iverson with a true advantage over Trae. 

Using your own assessment, I’d answer the cynical question “at what” with “almost everything.”