Starting Lineup for Next Few Seasons

theheroatl

It’s clear to me this is the lineup for us:

Trae

DJM

JJ

*INSERT POWER FORWARD HERE*

OO

All 4 are on good contracts for us… yes even Trae considering the JB contract recently.

Whats crazy is DJM and OO are on borderline top value contracts for the league.

This thread is about discussion of what power forward fits this group whether Bey, trade or whatever. Dre can stay but off the bench.

Ok yeah you probably thinking why start JJ at SF… HE IS an optimal nba SF! Think Herb Jones! Length, above the rim, 3 point shooting, defense.. it’s all there for him. I want him against SF’s not Giannis and Randle.

Give me your best fitting PFs for this group.. is it Bey? Is it Siakam? Is it KAT?

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I don't really agree that JJ is a SF.  I don't think he can guard the quicker SFs of the league for extended minutes.  Let's not ignore that Hunter is balling.  True 3&D Hunter+JJ is a great combo.  So to me our ultimate lineup will be Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't really agree that JJ is a SF.  I don't think he can guard the quicker SFs of the league for extended minutes.  Let's not ignore that Hunter is balling.  True 3&D Hunter+JJ is a great combo.  So to me our ultimate lineup will be Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO

If Hunter gives the Hawks what he is doing right now then he is the 3 and JJ is the 4 for at least a couple of more years. The Hawks need a true 7 footer with some muscle to matchup with certain teams. It doesn’t has to be a big money starter, just some spot minutes.

• Thanks 1

Hawks already have their future PF on the team, on the current roster and under a rookie contract.  He's just not ready yet to be thrown into the war.  M. Gueye only needs time.  He has the size and the ability.  

He will not play a lot of Hawk minutes this season.  He may join the Skyhawks for a part of their season.  Not to worry.  His future as a Hawk looks very, very good!!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Weird thread! 🥱

[Redacted]

Elite power forwards of the game.. the Anthony Davis, Giannis, JJJ, Siakam, Zion, Mobley.. etc.

We are going to push JJ into that crowd?

Meanwhile why not take advantage of using JJ IN THE LINEUP vs Lebron, Tatum, etc.

I'm talking about keeping JJ in a lineup by not getting bullied by PF's which means sliding him down to SF and utilizing a Anthony Davis type PF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ah yes I don't expect you to have any cerebral contributions to this forum so no worries. Carry on.

Elite power forwards of the game.. the Anthony Davis, Giannis, JJJ, Siakam, Zion, Mobley.. etc.

We are going to push JJ into that crowd?

Meanwhile why not take advantage of using JJ IN THE LINEUP vs Lebron, Tatum, etc.

I'm talking about keeping JJ in a lineup by not getting bullied by PF's which means sliding him down to SF and utilizing a Anthony Davis type PF.

I don't see how Jalen matches up better against Lebron and Tatum?  All the elite players in the game are matchup problems.  

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

It’s clear to me this is the lineup for us:

Trae

DJM

JJ

*INSERT POWER FORWARD HERE*

OO

All 4 are on good contracts for us… yes even Trae considering the JB contract recently.

Whats crazy is DJM and OO are on borderline top value contracts for the league.

This thread is about discussion of what power forward fits this group whether Bey, trade or whatever. Dre can stay but off the bench.

Ok yeah you probably thinking why start JJ at SF… HE IS an optimal nba SF! Think Herb Jones! Length, above the rim, 3 point shooting, defense.. it’s all there for him. I want him against SF’s not Giannis and Randle.

Give me your best fitting PFs for this group.. is it Bey? Is it Siakam? Is it KAT?

KAT would probably be the most ideal power forward wit Bol Bol being a wild card. A good 7fter or near 7fter with talent around our players timelines will do. We may already have our PF/SF combo in Mo Gueye and JJ though. Other than that I'd look to move OO to the power forward position and get a 7ft talented Center. Possibly in the mold of Derrick Lively (someone who can still play inside out and a high level defender).

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:.

I know it's a guilty pleasure. Honestly though Bol Bol is Wemby without the mindset so a poor man's Wemby I guess. If it's just that he's slow to conceive the NBA game and not his mindset or attitude I would get him for the low though.

Big men (C's) are the slowest to develop on most occasions so by the time we got him he'd be just about ready to be a more polished player.

• Like 1