• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As I've said eariler, all these trades are bad. All of them. And I heard the ones for Clint and Dre. Those are bad too. Bey is the only one I've heard deals that make some sense for us. 

Let's get rid of our junk first and then start with djm..don't make bad trades just to make

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

giphy.gif

Not saying this trade is good but I'd like to see Bobby Portis.   He is physical with an attitude, just what this team needs.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Chris Haynes had a quote circling on twitter about Trae wanting to play for a contender and he hopes this trade can help them do that. 

the internal pressure has reached the media. Imagine a trade request will come soon maybe as early as the summer. He’s gonna find a way to get to San Antonio and hawks will finally rebuild like they should 

But yet.....

Dejounte Murray appears to be one of the more available players via trade in the NBA and at least part of that reasoning is because the Atlanta Hawks continue to find the idea of trade Trae Young as "unpalatable," sources tell ESPN's Zach Lowe.

Young signed a five-year, $215 million extension with the Hawks in 2021 and is signed through 25-26 with a player option for 26-27.

Because the Hawks owe future first round picks to the San Antonio Spurs as part of the 2022 trade for Murray, a complete rebuild initiated by trading away Young would be  illogical. 

ZACH LOWE/ESPN

And again if we are trading Trae to sas for our picks back.....it's a double loss!!!

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We'd have to get back all our picks plus some Spurs picks and players for Trae. That trade would demolish the fanbase for the Hawks. You are talking about years of being a lottery team hoping to find another Trae. 

It's over in 2 years...no way Trae is signing back

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bucks 1sts are all tied up as well as swaps to PTL until 2030. That's why the article said 2nds are what they have.

They can trade the 2030 pick. 

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We'd have to get back all our picks plus some Spurs picks and players for Trae. That trade would demolish the fanbase for the Hawks. You are talking about years of being a lottery team hoping to find another Trae. 

I’m not kidding when I say with some luck they’d be a playoff team in 2 seasons max. They just need the balls to fall nicely in 2025 or 2026. 2026 especially has two guys that have best in world potential. Hawks fans can be demoralized all they want but it’s what’s best for the future and winning titles. Trae era as a 1 won’t do that 

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My two Hawks sources are livid, honestly, that some of this is getting out. I'm not asking you to keep it private but personally I'm sitting here like the Pulp Fiction meme where Vincent is looking around when I'm told to keep things private and other people are like naw, fam tell everyone 😛

Please tell your source that you didn't do it but on the upside it is free market research to see how the most hardcore members of the fan base would react to such a trade.  Hint:  Not very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My two Hawks sources are livid, honestly, that some of this is getting out. I'm not asking you to keep it private but personally I'm sitting here like the Pulp Fiction meme where Vincent is looking around when I'm told to keep things private and other people are like naw, fam tell everyone 😛

Obtw, tell your Hawk sources they got more leaks than the Hindenberg.

They leakin' more oil than the '88 Grand Am I used ta drive(sic). 

They got more holes than the Alamo. 

• Haha 4

Why do I feel like Landry has guys leaking all these offers to random media outlets. And then they post it like it’s fact. So we all believe we are going to accept a trash offer. 

so when Landry ends up accepting a slightly less bad (but still bad) offer he can try to spin it like a win so he can show how great he is at his job. 

I hope we keep Murray at this point. Capela, Hunter and Bogi can all go. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’m not kidding when I say with some luck they’d be a playoff team in 2 seasons max. They just need the balls to fall nicely in 2025 or 2026. 2026 especially has two guys that have best in world potential. Hawks fans can be demoralized all they want but it’s what’s best for the future and winning titles. Trae era as a 1 won’t do that 

I don't think anyone would argue with you that the balls can fall just right and we can get back into the playoffs soon.  But we can also end up like Charlotte or Detroit or Orlando have been the past decade.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They can trade the 2030 pick. 

No they can't. Their 2029 1st goes to PTL (so Stepian rules apply to the 2030 pick) and  PTL also has swap right on the 2030 pick.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Please tell your source that you didn't do it but on the upside it is free market research to see how the most hardcore members of the fan base would react to such a trade.  Hint:  Not very well.

Ressler and Landry probably aint even worried about us, but they should be worried about how trash the team will be because then Trae will ask out and all the casuals will stop caring about the Hawks.  And that's when Ressler starts really feeling the pain.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't think anyone would argue with you that the balls can fall just right and we can get back into the playoffs soon.  But we can also end up like Charlotte or Detroit or Orlando have been the past decade.

Is this a hypothetical world where we've traded Trae to SA to get back our picks?  If we do one of these trades that have been rumored for Murray there is no world in which the balls can fall just right and get us back in the playoffs because there will be no lottery picks in the next two years.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Building a playoff team easy imo. Hawks core of Bufkin Jalen and whoever they add this draft and say in 2025 could do that with vets around. Those teams just don’t realize how to build and continue to bad swings at bat. Building a contender is the hard part. I want us to do the latter 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Is this a hypothetical world where we've traded Trae to SA to get back our picks?  If we do one of these trades that have been rumored for Murray there is no world in which the balls can fall just right and get us back in the playoffs because there will be no lottery picks in the next two years.

What you mean? We’d have lottery picks back from the Trae trade 

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

AJ is definitely not better than Grimes.  Grimes is a 2-way player.  Fournier, to me, is completely washed.  Maybe Trae could get some value out of the guy.

Grimes is still on his rookie deal, and can be a rotation player.  Fournier can be wiped off the books this summer.   This falls in line with how Ressler has been operating the Hawks.

If they do this deal, expect a similar deal involving Capela to take place, so that they can wipe 40+ mill off the books and possibly be a player in free agency this summer.

But if no one wants Capela, it'll be interesting to see who else they may let go for expirings.  ( Bogi and/or Hunter are the only ones that make sense, considering their current and future salaries ).

Bogi can play another 4-5 years at the same level and he's playing for peanuts considering how good player/3pt shooter he is. This is a 3pt shooting leaque and Hawks have nobody who can replace Bogi. Letting Bogi go in a stupid deal is basically the same as releasing a golden fish off the hook before saying your wishes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1