• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which teams might have an interest in Capela's $22.2 million expiring contract for next season? They be looking to reduce payroll the following year. A team that can send us back a useful player plus an asset (depending on the player) with similar salary but on a longer deal?

EXAMPLES:

Bulls - Vucevic (2yrs at $21 and $20 mil). [I think a trade like this would be Vuc into the JC TPE, then create a new $22 mil TPE from the CC trade]

Grizzlies - Marcus Smart (2yrs at $19 and $21 mil). I think they need a center, but I'm not sure how his season was with them.

Any others you can think of?

Poeltl with Toronto fits.  Could be the bridge from Capela.  Allows us to play Okongwu at the 4 or 5 in a rotation with Jalen.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which teams might have an interest in Capela's $22.2 million expiring contract for next season? They be looking to reduce payroll the following year. A team that can send us back a useful player plus an asset (depending on the player) with similar salary but on a longer deal?

EXAMPLES:

Bulls - Vucevic (2yrs at $21 and $20 mil). [I think a trade like this would be Vuc into the JC TPE, then create a new $22 mil TPE from the CC trade]

Grizzlies - Marcus Smart (2yrs at $19 and $21 mil). I think they need a center, but I'm not sure how his season was with them.

Any others you can think of?

Marcus Smart would be a huge win

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t want Tobias.. oh myyyy

IMG_4652.jpeg

MLE off the bench at backup PF 🤓.

He's more likely to get $20 mil per though from a team like the Pistons with capspace.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

MLE off the bench at backup PF 🤓.

He's more likely to get $20 mil per though from a team like the Pistons with capspace.

That guy was different in Orlando as a young player man he got after it and earned himself a nice place in the league but then became strictly a jump shooter role player and moves on the court like he wants no body contact from anyone. 😢 

I remember when he came on they said he was Channing Fry cuz.. I dunno he faded a ton to me and his contract .. oh boy 🤦‍♀️ 

38 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

0 interest in Durant

we need a two,way player …

I want us to focus on Mikel Bridges or Devin Vessel 

It would be a huge win off-season getting Marcus Smart and Mikal Bridges… talk about complete turnaround

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It would be a huge win off-season getting Marcus Smart and Mikal Bridges… talk about complete turnaround

Sounds good on paper but why would those teams trade those players to us.

I want realistic solutions.  So far, I haven't seen many.  If I'm MEM, I wanna see how Smart works with their team at full strength.  If I'm BKN, for better or worse, Bridges is my best player and I'm looking to build around him. 

Us talking about getting Bridges is like when Laker fans go, "Let's just get Trae for our junk.  Hawks are trash so they don't need him."  

We need to find the next McDaniels brother.  Find me that guy.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 3:51 PM, Mikey said:

Trae explored leaving klutch all last summer just didn’t find a new agency he liked… 

dj doesn’t like his role here he wants to be a pg. it’ll come out soon 

I told yall

• Like 2

14 hours ago, theheroatl said:

What is the reasoning behind leaving Klutch.. so his dad can rep via CAA right?

I believe so but not sourced. That’s gonna open it’s own can of worms 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, theheroatl said:

What is the reasoning behind leaving Klutch.. so his dad can rep via CAA right?

Well it's been posted here that his longtime agent left Klutch recently.  Just adding that because I think it's wrong for us to suggest he left 'to be repped by his dad' as it doesn't seem the events lined up that way.

It seems more like they knew their agent was planning on leaving, so they made moves as part of a secession plan. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well it's been posted here that his longtime agent left Klutch recently.  Just adding that because I think it's wrong for us to suggest he left 'to be repped by his dad' as it doesn't seem the events lined up that way.

It seems more like they knew their agent was planning on leaving, so they made moves as part of a secession plan. 

Particularly since he's NOT being repped by his dad.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I believe so but not sourced. That’s gonna open it’s own can of worms 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Also Wilkes left Klutch in February 2023, Trae stuck around for a year after. 

No issue with moving on if his guy is no longer there.