• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I know (or assume) you are just joking but I legit been wondering whats up with him. All of his trade Intel was like, "don't expect any real return for DJ" and other underwhelming evals of every Hawks player. Like we should just be happy with scraps for our players. 

Now we get Trae for our own picks back and filler. Really? 

Somethin's fishy with Mikey 

Ha, if we're so lucky. Not with this kind of proposal...

What the Spurs Could Offer in a Trade

There’s every indication the Spurs and Hawks will revisit the Trae Young trade talks at some point in the offseason. The Spurs could build a trade package around Devonte’ Graham, Keldon Johnson, Cedi Osman and multiple first-round picks. They own three first-rounders in 2024 alone — their own, a protected 1-6 pick from the Raptors, and a 1-14 protected pick from the Hornets.

If the Hawks do plan to hit the reset button, collecting a chest of draft picks could be the best path forward — a strategy that has worked wonders for franchises such as the Celtics and Thunder

https://heavy.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/a-trae-young-trade-to-the-spurs-seems-inevitable/amp

I really find the 'pick back strategy' stupid. SAS has no real incentive to do that. This just reeks of our own desperation and incompetence.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AHF said:

Hope you are right.  I'm rooting for an ugly first round exit.

But if they crash and burn, and KAT is more of a scapegoat than Gobert or Ant, aka more worthy of trading, why should we consider giving up assets to acquire and pay him? 

If he can’t maintain or level up in the playoffs or get out of the first or second round playing with Gobert and Ant, how does he help us get anywhere?

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

But if they crash and burn, and KAT is more of a scapegoat than Gobert or Ant, aka more worthy of trading, why should we consider giving up assets to acquire and pay him? 

If he can’t maintain or level up in the playoffs or get out of the first or second round playing with Gobert and Ant, how does he help us get anywhere?

Who knows the circumstances.  Gobert led teams have spit the bit before.  KAT has been hurt in the playoffs before.  The team might generally go through some rough patches, etc.  

It is the only scenario I can see where they would be willing to prioritize avoiding a big tax bill over contending next year so I'm rooting for it.  

What I'm hoping for is a situation where KAT is more worthy of trading because he is the one whose salary is increasing by over $13M next year and who isn't a 22 year old star.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who knows the circumstances.  Gobert led teams have spit the bit before.  KAT has been hurt in the playoffs before.  The team might generally go through some rough patches, etc.  

It is the only scenario I can see where they would be willing to prioritize avoiding a big tax bill over contending next year so I'm rooting for it.  

What I'm hoping for is a situation where KAT is more worthy of trading because he is the one whose salary is increasing by over $13M next year and who isn't a 22 year old star.

Yeah it would be nice.  Can't see where we will beat out an offer from say the Knicks who could trade Randle and picks.  If our key piece is Murray i'm not seeing where they need him.  Guess it could be a 3 team. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I really find the 'pick back strategy' stupid. SAS has no real incentive to do that. This just reeks of our own desperation and incompetence.

I don't agree with that.  If they trade ATL back their picks + 1-2 more FRPs then essentially didn't they trade DJM and 1-2FRPs for Trae Young?   That's still a great deal for SAS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I read Lore and ARod are still borrowing money to pay off the 80% majority that they purchased.

I think Minny can trade Naz Reid ($13.9 mil) to get under the 2nd Apron.

Reminder that the tax bill is due at the end of the 2024-25 season. So they can start next season over and depending on results make an In-Season move to get under.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand what we are doing at all.

started the season with forward/Depth issues, didn't address at the deadline....now here we are and still nothing.

Here's my plan to make use of the GL of they aren't going to release Wes or Patty.

Release Trent and he can rejoin the SkyHawks.

Resign Miles Norris to a 2way and call him up...6'-10" springy PF with a 3pt shot.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

started the season with forward/Depth issues, didn't address at the deadline....now here we are and still nothing.

At this point its clear were fine losing for a better pick for this season.  Thats what Im seeing anyways

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

At this point its clear were fine losing for a better pick for this season.  Thats what Im seeing anyways

That's fine if that's the case, then play Bruno, AJ, Bufkin, Lundy and call up Norris (sign him to a two way).

What sense does it make having Kobe unavailable for last night's game?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's fine if that's the case, then play Bruno, AJ, Bufkin, Lundy and call up Norris (sign him to a two way).

What sense does it make having Kobe unavailable for last night's game?

This team needs to tank like Dallas did last year. We need more picks. 

Honestly, we need to keep Murray too

• Premium Member

Again I ask....what in the hell are we doing??? 

:shout::shout:

Send him down so he doesn't play last night, now he's back up so not playing fir the SkyHawks tonight???? Make it make sense.

We are so unserious!!!

Who the heck is in charge of this? This tomfoolery deserves a firing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again I ask....what in the hell are we doing??? 

:shout::shout:

Send him down so he doesn't play last night, now he's back up so not playing fir the SkyHawks tonight???? Make it make sense.

We are so unserious!!!

Who the heck is in charge of this? This tomfoolery deserves a firing.

I think he was hurt but still. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we are tanking

• Like 1