• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team needs to tank like Dallas did last year. We need more picks. 

Honestly, we need to keep Murray too

We do not need to keep a player that doesnt want to be there and is a horrible fit next to Trae.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We do not need to keep a player that doesnt want to be there and is a horrible fit next to Trae.

Yeah but we gotta get someone of legit value. If we don't, he needs to stay. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Not sure where to put this since the insider thread really is the “how do we fix the Hawks” thread, but I am a purist.

So, regarding Trae and improving the team/another star, etc… Rowland had a good segment talking about the Suns and KD. Not a real rumor yet but a proposed idea similar to the Trae to the Lakers/Spurs ones floating around.

Of everything I have seen and heard, this is the most viable considering the status of both teams and their failed expectations vs limited ability to improve as well as their individual needs.

Brad Beal is the obvious odd man out in Pheonix however he has the hardest contract to move considering the dollar amount and no trade clause. Booker is younger and the face of the franchise. If the Suns want to make a move, KD may be their only option.

Why the Hawks make sense? Suns need a point guard. We have (2). Suns could use more depth across their roster and we have a couple of 20 mil contract players that are needed to match salaries and could be appetizing for them. Suns have minimal draft assets to improve their team. They are more desperate than we are.

What’s in it for the Hawks? Get an all-NBA level player to appease Trae. End story. But KD could play alongside JJ. We would likely send out Capela or Dre. Capela makes sense for Suns because he is an expiring contract that comes off the books.

A lineup of Trae, SG, KD, JJ, OO would be a juggernaut offensively. You could find a defensive only SG to start in that lineup. DJ+Capela and filler matches salary. They may ask for a prospect with upside. We wont give them JJ but they could have anyone else.

If we are wanting to both improve and “add talent to make Trae happy” this would be a perfect fit.

Even if they wanted Trae instead I might still do it because I think DJ Bogi KD JJ OO is a great lineup in the East.

Cons: Suns would ask for much more in return, duh. KD is old and only has (2) years on his deal meaning that is our window with him. Im okay with that because we can move on from a 50 mil contract about the same time that Trae will be up for a new deal. We could decide to reset everything at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not sure where to put this since the insider thread really is the “how do we fix the Hawks” thread, but I am a purist.

So, regarding Trae and improving the team/another star, etc… Rowland had a good segment talking about the Suns and KD. Not a real rumor yet but a proposed idea similar to the Trae to the Lakers/Spurs ones floating around.

Of everything I have seen and heard, this is the most viable considering the status of both teams and their failed expectations vs limited ability to improve as well as their individual needs.

Brad Beal is the obvious odd man out in Pheonix however he has the hardest contract to move considering the dollar amount and no trade clause. Booker is younger and the face of the franchise. If the Suns want to make a move, KD may be their only option.

Why the Hawks make sense? Suns need a point guard. We have (2). Suns could use more depth across their roster and we have a couple of 20 mil contract players that are needed to match salaries and could be appetizing for them. Suns have minimal draft assets to improve their team. They are more desperate than we are.

What’s in it for the Hawks? Get an all-NBA level player to appease Trae. End story. But KD could play alongside JJ. We would likely send out Capela or Dre. Capela makes sense for Suns because he is an expiring contract that comes off the books.

A lineup of Trae, SG, KD, JJ, OO would be a juggernaut offensively. You could find a defensive only SG to start in that lineup. DJ+Capela and filler matches salary. They may ask for a prospect with upside. We wont give them JJ but they could have anyone else.

If we are wanting to both improve and “add talent to make Trae happy” this would be a perfect fit.

Even if they wanted Trae instead I might still do it because I think DJ Bogi KD JJ OO is a great lineup in the East.

Cons: Suns would ask for much more in return, duh. KD is old and only has (2) years on his deal meaning that is our window with him. Im okay with that because we can move on from a 50 mil contract about the same time that Trae will be up for a new deal. We could decide to reset everything at that point.

What would the deal look like?  Something like this?

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hear all you said but still can't shake the fear that a deal would be us taking Beal.  It keeps me up most nights. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I would do this trade.

Here is another variation that works:

image.png

My working assumption is any trade that we would do probably requires us to give more to the Suns.  Obviously, we have some picks we could trade like the Kings pick but SA owns most of what we have for the next few years.

• Thanks 2