• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Here is another variation that works:

image.png

My working assumption is any trade that we would do probably requires us to give more to the Suns.  Obviously, we have some picks we could trade like the Kings pick but SA owns most of what we have for the next few years.

Hawks can trade picks 7 years out (as long as we aren't 2nd Apron team which we don't ever have to worry about since we aren't even going to the 1st apron).

So we have our 2029 and 2031 1st available. (Not saying we should, but they are available).

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It keeps me up most nights. 

I thought it was your BIL and Jimi? :huh: Well not anymore.. 🎣 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks can trade picks 7 years out (as long as we aren't 2nd Apron team which we don't ever have to worry about since we aren't even going to the 1st apron).

So we have our 2029 and 2031 1st available. (Not saying we should, but they are available).

It’s this Hawksfanatic Bab? Ohhhhh Baaaaaaaabbbb you trained this lady to the top 🔝 she good! 😊 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe top 29 protected?

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought it was your BIL and Jimi? :huh: Well not anymore.. 🎣 

I'm sure if BIL tries to give crap, KG is looking forward to pointing out that Miami won exactly one more playoff game than the Hawks this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The only thing I know about a second apron is when we have folks over and my special lady thinks it’s impolite for me to wear my first apron (naked lady :boobs:; got her in TJ Mexico 🇲🇽:upsidedown:

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm sure if BIL tries to give crap, KG is looking forward to pointing out that Miami won exactly one more playoff game than the Hawks this season.

Oh I got my hand on the 6-shooter, just a-waitin to see if he want that schmoke. 

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The only thing I know about a second apron is when we have folks over and my special lady thinks it’s impolite for me to wear my first apron (naked lady :boobs:; got her in TJ Mexico 🇲🇽:upsidedown:

Just paste a pic of the girl-wife on the face.  Problem solved..... or problem-added? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh I got my hand on the 6-shooter, just a-waitin to see if he want that schmoke. 

Just paste a pic of the girl-wife on the face.  Problem solved..... or problem-added? 

🤣 oh man… I’d be running chased by AHF the special lady, and everyone else whose in line to spank me good. :mellow:

• Premium Member

Trading DJ to the suns makes no sense for them, though.  Now they have all their eggs in three guards, with a horrendous front court.  That roster construction might be worse than what they have now... a trade that would make more sense for both teams, but will likely never happen because Book is their franchise player And Trae ours, is a Book/Trae swap.  That fixes both rosters: gives us a true SG with Murray, gives them an all-star PG to pair with KD, lets Beal play more off-ball, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bite your tongue. 

Besides his propensity to get injured, his +$50 mil price tag, that NTC is a death knell. 

Rest easy and sleep well - there's no way he's waving that NTC to come to the Hawks. 😄

And realistically we all know that KD only gets traded when he wants and where he wants. Regardless, they are the team most likely to play ball considering their payroll and total lack of results on the court.

They cannot run back the same unit again and they have zero ways to realistically improve their roster without shaking up their big 3. Unless they want to go the Lakers route where they exchange a couple of medium contracts for a haul of minimum contracts and the world goes wild because they have shiny new toys despite not actually getting better lol

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trading DJ to the suns makes no sense for them, though.  Now they have all their eggs in three guards, with a horrendous front court.  That roster construction might be worse than what they have now... a trade that would make more sense for both teams, but will likely never happen because Book is their franchise player And Trae ours, is a Book/Trae swap.  That fixes both rosters: gives us a true SG with Murray, gives them an all-star PG to pair with KD, lets Beal play more off-ball, etc.

Agreed for the reasons you mentioned. 

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Here is another variation that works:

image.png

My working assumption is any trade that we would do probably requires us to give more to the Suns.  Obviously, we have some picks we could trade like the Kings pick but SA owns most of what we have for the next few years.

I'm thinking it's more like:

DJM/CC or Hunter/pick for KD

I wouldn't add Bufkin if I could help it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm thinking it's more like:

DJM/CC or Hunter/pick for KD

I wouldn't add Bufkin if I could help it.

I would think that wouldn't be enough but if Landry can pull it off then great.

• Premium Member

Which teams might have an interest in Capela's $22.2 million expiring contract for next season? They be looking to reduce payroll the following year. A team that can send us back a useful player plus an asset (depending on the player) with similar salary but on a longer deal?

EXAMPLES:

Bulls - Vucevic (2yrs at $21 and $20 mil). [I think a trade like this would be Vuc into the JC TPE, then create a new $22 mil TPE from the CC trade]

Grizzlies - Marcus Smart (2yrs at $19 and $21 mil). I think they need a center, but I'm not sure how his season was with them.

Any others you can think of?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grizzlies - Marcus Smart (2yrs at $19 and $21 mil). I think they need a center, but I'm not sure how his season was with them.

This! Get me smart!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:26 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Please help me understand why a team would give up significant depth/value for Durant.  He has already shown what he can(‘t) accomplish on a poorly built team without proper depth.  We need ballers, not divas.  Players that raise the tide, not install personal jets to control the ocean’s water pressure…

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1