Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Minny is in first place.  You just don't trade one of your star players to avoid the tax when you are in 1st place and a title contender.  They will find a way to make it work.  Our best shot at getting KAT is for them to have a bad 2nd half and get smoked in the first round, driving them to make a change.  

If they make the WCF as a #1 seed it's just not happening, IMO.  Especially if KAT plays well in the playoffs.  Don't care about repeater tax, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They aren't extending Conley and then trading KAT for Murray.  We need to find a new dream.  Or maybe get down with building a team. 

I agree but a playoff flameout could be the great equalizer. 

3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Minny is in first place.  You just don't trade one of your star players to avoid the tax when you are in 1st place and a title contender.  They will find a way to make it work.  Our best shot at getting KAT is for them to have a bad 2nd half and get smoked in the first round, driving them to make a change.  

If they make the WCF as a #1 seed it's just not happening, IMO.  Especially if KAT plays well in the playoffs.  Don't care about repeater tax, etc.  

I don't care about anyone says about the so called second apron, they aren't salary dumping KAT. 

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't care about anyone says about the so called second apron, they aren't salary dumping KAT. 

Agreed 

We are more likely to move Trae to San Antonio than we are to get KAT this offseason.

Folks will still be banging on the table next trade deadline hoping to get him to Atlanta. We aren’t making big boy moves until proven otherwise.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agreed 

We are more likely to move Trae to San Antonio than we are to get KAT this offseason.

Folks will still be banging on the table next trade deadline hoping to get him to Atlanta. We aren’t making big boy moves until proven otherwise.

Trae ain't getting traded to San Antonio so are you saying, no chance KAT comes to Atlanta. 

23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agreed 

I would say this group is quite erratic and unstable, but they have done some big boy moves compared to previous Hawks ownership groups.  Bogi and Gallo were pretty stout moves.  Capela trade.  Murray trade.  Bringing in Quin.  No telling how close they came to landing Siakam.  

Ironically, they make stuff happen.  It just doesn’t always work out.  Really weird time to be a Hawks fan, but I can’t honestly say they always strike out.  They missed their targets for the past year so maybe Landry is the problem.  

Hawks have the stink of the Dominque Wilkins trade (they’re are people on people on this forum who were alive for that trade) still with them to this day and people still think they’re willing to trade Trae lol. Trae is a hawk unless he asks out and even then Ressler is keeping him until he’s forced too. It makes no sense to trade the biggest star the Hawks have in 30 years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Hawks have the stink of the Dominque Wilkins trade (they’re are people on people on this forum who were alive for that trade) still with them to this day and people still think they’re willing to trade Trae lol. Trae is a hawk unless he asks out and even then Ressler is keeping him until he’s forced too. It makes no sense to trade the biggest star the Hawks have in 30 years.

I’d say most of us were alive and fans during the Nique era.  But I don’t think the Nique trade has much impact on what we do with Trae.  It might mess with some fans worrying about losing Trae.  

The FO is gonna have a challenge to fix this squad and right the ship.  It’s not gonna be easy.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae ain't getting traded to San Antonio so are you saying, no chance KAT comes to Atlanta. 

I have zero inside information so absolutely nothing to back this up, but I just don't see Minny trading KAT if they finish as a 1/2 seed and make the WCF.  They think they have a title contender.

They will find a way to make it work.  That would be similar to our Nique trade, and would completely alienate the fans.  I could be wrong and you probably know more than me on this, but I just can't see it happening.  

I also dont like the idea of giving up Murray+JJ for KAT.  I don't think that makes us a better team.  We'd be good offensively but that's it.  Unless we nailed our draft picks and AJ/OO/Gueye/Bufkin all made huge leaps next year.

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I woke up this morning on the tank for Sarr train… start it up

DJM plus our frp for him

This would quash all the Wemby rumor baloney… 

He's not a fit. We already got a big with a similar offensive profile with a better feel in Gueye. Obviously, his defensive profile is better but it's not that good. I would avoid Sarr the same way i always said I would avoid Wiseman if I was the Hawks 

• Moderators

The only way I see getting KAT this offseason is if Minnesota crashes and burns down the stretch and in the playoffs.  So I'm rooting for them to really struggle and decide that paying massive taxes for a team that just finished 4th and lost 4-1 in the first round just isn't worth it.  I'm not betting on that but stranger things have happened.

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

The only way I see getting KAT this offseason is if Minnesota crashes and burns down the stretch and in the playoffs.  So I'm rooting for them to really struggle and decide that paying massive taxes for a team that just finished 4th and lost 4-1 in the first round just isn't worth it.  I'm not betting on that but stranger things have happened.

Yeah if the team does well not sure how they can break it up.  Also seems like Conley would have been the first domino to fall but instead they give him an extension.   Maybe the owners are just forgoing a second yacht for a year or two and keeping the team together. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe the owners are just forgoing a second yacht for a year or two and keeping the team together. 

That is the clear signal that resigning Conley sends to me.  So I think there would need to be something pretty dramatic to change their path.  Too bad but why be an owner if you aren't willing to take the plunge when you think the team is a contender?  A market like Minnesota only gets a few shots like that over multiple decades.