• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Only if I get to wear a monocle. 

🧐

@sturt you got one he can borrow?

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This team needs to make a big trade this summer to give the fans any reason to seriously invest in this franchise as long as Ressler owns it.

Tony Ressler for Mike Tyson? That'd be siqq. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We have the sixth lowest payroll in the NBA. And yet Landry Fields came out talking about how we have to watch our cap space and can't make short team goals. This team needs to make a big trade this summer to give the fans any reason to seriously invest in this franchise as long as Ressler owns it.

We really do. I think June-July is do or die for this regime.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

It's like a realtor selling a house announcing at an open house, "Yeah, this house has some real problems doesn't it?  I don't have all of them listed but when you look it over it's pretty obvious, huh?"

You talk your players up whether you are looking to keep them or move them.  Look at LA with Reaves.  He is a nice player but basically is Bogi with a slightly better contract but you'd think there was a huge gap the way LA constantly assures the press that he is completely off limits.  DJM is a substantially better player than Reaves and this is the press you want, Fields?  Come on, man.  Why make things harder for yourself?

Younger Bogi, not a bad comp at all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I wanted Haliburton over OO.  Some people agreed.  Some said we didn't need to duplicate Trae.  I just think he was the best player available and would have given us the DJ role on a rookie deal and we could have then focused our trades on front court.  That was a miss, in my eyes.  

Definitely wanted Hali, but I recall him forcing his way to SAC.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Also going to post this here.  Look how well correlated team salary and team success is in the NBA. 

Hawks are 22nd in record and 22nd in Salary.  LOL  If Messy Ressy actually wants to win, he'll open up the checkbook.  

NBA Salary vs Record.jpg

Thank you for this.  We are a feeder franchise until we pay to play with the true contenders.

• Like 1

Landry's professor accused him of cheating but had no proof.  Ol Landry walked in class like, "Yeah, see that guy in the red hat.  He gave me all the answers.  Raise your hand, Chad.  He caught us."

"Us? No bro, he caught you!" - Chad 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't force his way to SAC. He wanted to go to any team but ours. 

He probably didn't want to go to any team with an All-Star point guard already established.  For example, I have doubts he would have wanted to go to Portland with Dame, Memphis with Ja, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

He probably didn't want to go to any team with an All-Star point guard already established.  For example, I have doubts he would have wanted to go to Portland with Dame, Memphis with Ja, etc.

Still think you draft him and let him develop into a really good secondary option.  What did he net the Kings?  Sabonis?  Even if they had to trade him away after a couple years, they would be better off today than they are now, imo.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Still think you draft him and let him develop into a really good secondary option.  What did he net the Kings?  Sabonis?  Even if they had to trade him away after a couple years, they would be better off today than they are now, imo.  

Knowing what we know now, it is a no brainer to take him.  It isn’t like Sacramento didn’t already have their PG of the future there.  But clearly a lot of teams didn’t expect him to be anywhere near this good.  He dropped another 6 spots to #12 before Sacramento went BPA and tabbed him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

It's like a realtor selling a house announcing at an open house, "Yeah, this house has some real problems doesn't it?  I don't have all of them listed but when you look it over it's pretty obvious, huh?"

You talk your players up whether you are looking to keep them or move them.  Look at LA with Reaves.  He is a nice player but basically is Bogi with a slightly better contract but you'd think there was a huge gap the way LA constantly assures the press that he is completely off limits.  DJM is a substantially better player than Reaves and this is the press you want, Fields?  Come on, man.  Why make things harder for yourself?

Its like that episode of the Andy Griffifth show where Barney was a realtor trying to sell Andy's house.  Opie kept running around pointing out defects in the house and derailed that deal, lmao

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't force his way to SAC. He wanted to go to any team but ours. 

To be fair, that was the right call by him.  He would not have gotten the minutes (or ball dominance or both) to develop and then flourish playing behind or with Trae. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

To be fair, that was the right call by him.  He would not have gotten the minutes (or ball dominance or both) to develop and then flourish playing behind or with Trae

And to be fair-er, this was also true of SAC and Fox.  Which is why I don't believe that fable about him "pushing" for SAC.  I believe he said it, but I think he was gonna say something similar about wherever he landed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And to be fair-er, this was also true of SAC and Fox.  Which is why I don't believe that fable about him "pushing" for SAC.  I believe he said it, but I think he was gonna say something similar about wherever he landed.

As has been posted he didn't necessarily want Sac, what he was vocal on was not being in Atlanta. That was 100% because of Trae. There wasn't any other team with a superstar PG in the top 10 outside of Atlanta which is why he didn't manifest any other undesirable destinations. I'm sure he wasn't super excited about Sac considering Fox was a great looking young player at the same position, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as Young back then, so probably wasn't as big of an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

As has been posted he didn't necessarily want Sac, what he was vocal on was not being in Atlanta. That was 100% because of Trae. There wasn't any other team with a superstar PG in the top 10 outside of Atlanta which is why he didn't manifest any other undesirable destinations. I'm sure he wasn't super excited about Sac considering Fox was a great looking young player at the same position, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as Young back then, so probably wasn't as big of an issue. 

I must have misunderstood— thanks.

• Like 1