• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

The only pass I’ll give him is that injuries have been significant compared to last season when it was pretty clean outside of Bogi missing the first few months and Clint’s two week hiatus.  I knew injuries would happen especially with the dumb minutes Trae plays but it’s been a little worse than I expected as far as a hurdle the team could overcome.  The end of bench depth simply ain’t built to patch up a lineup for even a couple games, only one at a time lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You’re way too defensive of Quin.  He’s ass obviously illustrated by the ridiculous pace leading to the worst points allowed in the Association.

It’s his job to get his players to run sound offense late in the clock and get them to stop the ball on defense, period.  He’s done a horrible job at both in this 76 game regular season sample size with a below average strength of schedule to boot.

A real quality coach overcomes player limitations and  management blunders and finds a way.  He actually likes this core lol: he took the job and says it all the time.  Hell the Grizzlies play harder than the Hawks with a skeleton lineup.  He doesn’t have some proven system that can develop and travel like Thibs and Spo so stop waiting for all the pieces to magically align.  Like I said in Utah, he had a gang of high IQ players propping him up and still managed to flame out in the playoffs year after year.

It's not that easy my friend. Personnel and how they fit your system and culture is critical. What Quin is trying to do is patchwork. Patchwork is not beloved by coaches or working professionals in any industry. 

My personal opinion is Quin has the hardest job I've ever seen. Only coaches who had harder jobs was Doug Collins and Phil Jackson with Michael Jordan who was another extremely talented offensive player that's a difficult schematic fit as a #1 option. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My personal opinion is Quin has the hardest job I've ever seen. Only coaches who had harder jobs was Doug Collins and Phil Jackson with Michael Jordan who was another extremely talented offensive player that's a difficult schematic fit as a #1 option. 

Wait...Jordan was difficult scheme wise to build around? Not sure I read that right or you're making a longer point. 

As for personnel and scheme fit, we THINK or KNOW that this team is severely flawed.  Since the Hawks didn't..couldn't..or wouldn't address at least a portion of this at the trade deadline, are you confident that this will get addressed during the summer? Or do we get more pie on the sky, "almost" traded for, "were close to.."hypothetical fixings?  How confident are you with this FO?

6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Wait...Jordan was difficult scheme wise to build around? Not sure I read that right or you're making a longer point. 

As for personnel and scheme fit, we THINK or KNOW that this team is severely flawed.  Since the Hawks didn't..couldn't..or wouldn't address at least a portion of this at the trade deadline, are you confident that this will get addressed during the summer? Or do we get more pie on the sky, "almost" traded for, "were close to.."hypothetical fixings?  How confident are you with this FO?

Yeah, for that era. He wasn't a PG, played like an undersized SF. There wasn't a point of reference of success with MJ before MJ. He was a tough. They tried him at PG, it was a disaster in terms of winning ball. The prototype for SG changed with MJ success in the 90s. Remember, the NBA was trying to make everyone 6'6 and over either the next Magic or tall PG or a SF. SG was literally seen as that or a defensive stopper like Moncrief or Dumars. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, for that era. He wasn't a PG, played like an undersized SF. There wasn't a point of reference of success with MJ before MJ. He was a tough. They tried him at PG, it was a disaster in terms of winning ball. The prototype for SG changed with MJ success in the 90s. Remember, the NBA was trying to make everyone 6'6 and over either the next Magic or tall PG or a SF. SG was literally seen as that or a defensive stopper like Moncrief or Dumars. 

Makes sense.  I see what you're saying.

I know a lot you guys saw Wemby and Trae spend a good amount of time with each other yesteday...

They won't ever trade Trae unless he requests a trade himself but remember who told you guys he's been planting this seed

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I know a lot you guys saw Wemby and Trae spend a good amount of time with each other yesteday...

They won't ever trade Trae unless he requests a trade himself but remember who told you guys he's been planting this seed

He also spent a lot of time talking to Ant Man and to KAT and to Maxey and to....

We supposed to read into every interaction now?  LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

nearly every outlet been saying that along with reddit been implying this since the moment it happened. not inside info

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He also spent a lot of time talking to Ant Man and to KAT and to Maxey and to....

We supposed to read into every interaction now?  LOL

True. He's been extra close to KAT and Ant. Maxey and Hali as well.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:43 PM, NBASupes said:

What are the 3 - 5 things that makes Quin's job the hardest job ever?

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What are the 3 - 5 things that makes Quin's job the hardest job ever?

1. Expectations of winning due to having a roof raiser is extremely difficult without the right personnel. He really shouldn't have expectations of winning with this team right now. 

2. He doesn't have a plug in play personnel, the only positive is they were all drafted from a PDS stance outside of Hunter. 

3. He's a genius system coach but to win with Trae, you have to bend any system significantly. That's an adjustment for Quin or any coach. I think that takes time. A lot more time than people think. 

4. Hawks haven't had a significant draft pick spot in awhile. I consider those top 10 picks. Give Atlanta a chance to get one or two. 

5. As #1 , expectations without the right personnel is hard. People only have expectations because of Trae just like they did with Chicago with MJ. You got to remember, MJ never won a playoff series and had 4 top 10 picks. Since Trae, we only had 3. 

Those players were 

Oakley - Hunter type

Grant - OO type

Sellers - Cam bust type

Pippen - we still ain't got a Pippen yet and technically we don't got a MJ either but offensively, Trae is insane offensive as was MJ. Defensively, just a day and 🌙 difference. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Expectations of winning due to having a roof raiser is extremely difficult without the right personnel. He really shouldn't have expectations of winning with this team right now. 

2. He doesn't have a plug in play personnel, the only positive is they were all drafted from a PDS stance outside of Hunter. 

3. He's a genius system coach but to win with Trae, you have to bend any system significantly. That's an adjustment for Quin or any coach. I think that takes time. A lot more time than people think. 

4. Hawks haven't had a significant draft pick spot in awhile. I consider those top 10 picks. Give Atlanta a chance to get one or two. 

5. As #1 , expectations without the right personnel is hard. People only have expectations because of Trae just like they did with Chicago with MJ. You got to remember, MJ never won a playoff series and had 4 top 10 picks. Since Trae, we only had 3. 

Those players were 

Oakley - Hunter type

Grant - OO type

Sellers - Cam bust type

Pippen - we still ain't got a Pippen yet and technically we don't got a MJ either but offensively, Trae is insane offensive as was MJ. Defensively, just a day and 🌙 difference. 

Cheap meddling owner with an inexperienced front office also contributing to Quins challenge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, akay said:

Cheap meddling owner with an inexperienced front office also contributing to Quins challenge

Tony results may say cheap but he's not cheap. Landry can literally go into the LT this upcoming year. 

He does need to chill with the meddling. We are still paying for it too. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Tony results may say cheap but he's not cheap. Landry can literally go into the LT this upcoming year. 

He does need to chill with the meddling. We are still paying for it too. 

C'mon, this again? Said the same last offseason too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1