• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, AHF said:

No but the basic point that they were 42-40 and we were 41-41 is right.

Shows how critical Gobert was and the Conley trade. He was playin with a back issue and Capela had a better year. This year, he's back to top 10-15 impact Gobert and guess who's 1st in the west

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Shows how critical Gobert was and the Conley trade. He was playin with a back issue and Capela had a better year. This year, he's back to top 10-15 impact Gobert and guess who's 1st in the west

Well yes but let's not forget KAT only played 29 games. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They aren't extending Conley and then trading KAT for Murray.  We need to find a new dream.  Or maybe get down with building a team. 

KAT is a loser that doesn't play defense and doesn't know how to win.  I hope the TWolves get to The Finals and win it all.  Then maybe Hawks fans would stop talking about trading for him and we can focus on defense.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Pretty much, Utah got 5 1sts for Gobert. For us, we need about 10 and all unprotected otherwise we just doing SA a massive favor 

Lol the gobert trade is an anomaly. Anybody expecting that kind of package for a small guard is delusional. Filler + our picks back + one or two additional assets 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

KAT is a loser that doesn't play defense and doesn't know how to win.  I hope the TWolves get to The Finals and win it all.  Then maybe Hawks fans would stop talking about trading for him and we can focus on defense.

Him and Trae would be a perfect match...

laughing-michael-jordan.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They aren't extending Conley and then trading KAT for Murray.  We need to find a new dream.  Or maybe get down with building a team. 

22 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Minny is in first place.  You just don't trade one of your star players to avoid the tax when you are in 1st place and a title contender.  They will find a way to make it work.  Our best shot at getting KAT is for them to have a bad 2nd half and get smoked in the first round, driving them to make a change.  

If they make the WCF as a #1 seed it's just not happening, IMO.  Especially if KAT plays well in the playoffs.  Don't care about repeater tax, etc.  

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I don't care about anyone says about the so called second apron, they aren't salary dumping KAT. 

18 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agreed 

We are more likely to move Trae to San Antonio than we are to get KAT this offseason.

Folks will still be banging on the table next trade deadline hoping to get him to Atlanta. We aren’t making big boy moves until proven otherwise.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

The only way I see getting KAT this offseason is if Minnesota crashes and burns down the stretch and in the playoffs.  So I'm rooting for them to really struggle and decide that paying massive taxes for a team that just finished 4th and lost 4-1 in the first round just isn't worth it.  I'm not betting on that but stranger things have happened.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

That is the clear signal that resigning Conley sends to me.  So I think there would need to be something pretty dramatic to change their path.  Too bad but why be an owner if you aren't willing to take the plunge when you think the team is a contender?  A market like Minnesota only gets a few shots like that over multiple decades.

6 hours ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Is there any other big we could reasonably this off-season? I just don’t see minny letting go of KAT. They are doing and playing great right now. 

the more I think on this.. logic tells me we may be losing Trae next off-season or at the deadline. I’d hate it but can’t plane the guy to be honest. 

if this happened, what would that mean for Murray? Would we keep him or would he even want to stay? I know I’m going far down a rabbit hole at this point lol

I don't see how re-signing Conley now changes anything about KATs availability this summer.  They're in 1st place right now, and they could lock in a #1 seed for the playoffs, but KATs availability will likely be determined by their playoff performance.  I personally think they will start to run into issues when teams are game planning against personnel, but we will see.  Anything short of a conference finals appearance and I would put my money on KAT being available.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't see how re-signing Conley now changes anything about KATs availability this summer.  They're in 1st place right now, and they could lock in a #1 seed for the playoffs, but KATs availability will likely be determined by their playoff performance.  I personally think they will start to run into issues when teams are game planning against personnel, but we will see.  Anything short of a conference finals appearance and I would put my money on KAT being available.

Hope you are right.  I'm rooting for an ugly first round exit.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope you are right.  I'm rooting for an ugly first round exit.

Me too man, I don't even know if KAT is the answer, but he'll certainly have me excited to watch games again.

• Like 3

Kind of a click bait video, with the amount of time that they DIDN'T talk about Trae, but they did talk a little about it.

• First starts around 1:21:35
  • They got distracted a little bit, talking about the media and women sleeping in cars at All-Star weekend . . . but they pick back up the talk at 1:28:32
  • The finally talk about Lakers or Spurs for Trae at 1:33:50

Nothing real new.  Just always interested to hear Gil's perspective.

• Like 1

So when the Hawks gonna release Seth Lundy? After this season or next.. it only fits Hawks 2rp history

in remembrance of:

alpha kaba

future hawks mvp sharife cooper

Pape sy

skylar mays

Tyrese Martin 

I feel like 2nd rounders are absolutely so worthless they should all be traded away immediately for some other form of asset.

Edited by theheroatl

59 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Mikey is a spurs plant, don’t bother

I know (or assume) you are just joking but I legit been wondering whats up with him. All of his trade Intel was like, "don't expect any real return for DJ" and other underwhelming evals of every Hawks player. Like we should just be happy with scraps for our players. 

Now we get Trae for our own picks back and filler. Really? 

Somethin's fishy with Mikey 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

FWIW I've been told by my two Hawks sources that I should not worry about Trae demanding a trade this offseason. Apparently the plan is finally pay into the first apron LT and get better talent that fits Quin and Trae.

I am...dubious af at this but I'll admit I'm in my feels over how worthless our owner has been since buying the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

FWIW I've been told by my two Hawks sources that I should not worry about Trae demanding a trade this offseason. Apparently the plan is finally pay into the first apron LT and get better talent that fits Quin and Trae.

I am...dubious af at this but I'll admit I'm in my feels over how worthless our owner has been since buying the team.

This sounds good until you realize that we almost have no choice but to pay the tax. We are way over the cap with just 10 guaranteed contracts. Just resigning Bey would put us in the tax. Using JCs TPE would dang near eat up the entire 1st apron.

Paying the tax is a forgone conclusion without any actual roster improvement, so that doesn’t impress me as much as others get caught up with it.

We have to show we can actually make trades of significance to bring in talent. We are an expensive losing team with minimal draft capital.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This sounds good until you realize that we almost have no choice but to pay the tax. We are way over the cap with just 10 guaranteed contracts. Just resigning Bey would put us in the tax. Using JCs TPE would dang near eat up the entire 1st apron.

Paying the tax is a forgone conclusion without any actual roster improvement, so that doesn’t impress me as much as others get caught up with it.

We have to show we can actually make trades of significance to bring in talent. We are an expensive losing team with minimal draft capital.

Thank you.  It’s more about execution than paying the tax.  The trades and draft are gonna determine our success.  If we can’t execute we may have a bad team and still pay past the first apron.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Thank you.  It’s more about execution than paying the tax.  The trades and draft are gonna determine our success.  If we can’t execute we may have a bad team and still pay past the first apron.

If you think payroll matters but are emphasizing that you can’t be a moron spending the money then we agree.  We’ve seen some very high priced terrible teams and there are no guarantees.  Money doesn’t save a stupid GM.  

If you are suggesting having a payroll in the bottom third doesn’t meaningfully impact our team then I’ll disagree.  That is like saying draft slot doesn’t matter, it just matters if you take the right guy on the board.  Of course execution is the most important thing but bigger payrolls and higher draft picks make for better teams with the same quality of execution.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is like saying draft slot doesn’t matter, it just matters if you take the right guy on the board.  Of course execution is the most important thing but bigger payrolls and higher draft picks make for better teams with the same quality of execution.

If you are drafting 20th, there's 19 players that were never an option for you, regardless of execution.  Likewise, if your owner says you have to keep payroll at $150M, there's a large chunk of the best players in the NBA (and a large chunk of role players too) that aren't an option for you, regardless of execution.  

Draft 1st and the whole board is open to you.  Open up the checkbook and the whole NBA is (figuratively) open to you.  Yes, you still have to make good decisions, but drafting late or having a low budget puts external limitations on you as an organization that limit your ability to improve.  

Hawks have 22nd payroll and 22nd record in the NBA.  Money matters.  It isn't the ONLY thing that matters, but it's a BIG thing that matters.  

• Thanks 2