• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Is there any other big we could reasonably this off-season? I just don’t see minny letting go of KAT. They are doing and playing great right now. 

the more I think on this.. logic tells me we may be losing Trae next off-season or at the deadline. I’d hate it but can’t plane the guy to be honest. 

if this happened, what would that mean for Murray? Would we keep him or would he even want to stay? I know I’m going far down a rabbit hole at this point lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae ain't getting traded to San Antonio so are you saying, no chance KAT comes to Atlanta. 

Never say never. I think both options are certainly on the table. Minny resigning Conley does dampen the KAT chance however 

Just now, Mikey said:

Never say never. I think both options are certainly on the table. Minny resigning Conley does dampen the KAT chance however 

I think Wolves think they found the winning formula. Banking on KAT being available is like expecting Lebron to sign with the Hawks.

There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

• Moderators

We're going to have to realize that there will be no big splash this summer.  The best we can hope for is that we build a roster of really good players that fit well.  Still that could be big if done right.  

To me:

Murray goes and hopefully we get a big 3&D 2 guard to replace him

Capela & OO aren't really worth their combined money but if we're stuck with Capela then at least he's still effective off the bench.  We have to start OO or find a replacement

We need a big off the bench like Gallo was who can get buckets. 

Hunter - replace if we can but i'm not sure we can.  I think with a better 2 guard and JJ improving it may just make Hunter the guy we always wanted him to be.  But has to stay healthy.  This is why bolstering the bench is key.

None of this is cheap.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We're going to have to realize that there will be no big splash this summer.  The best we can hope for is that we build a roster of really good players that fit well.  Still that could be big if done right.  

To me:

Murray goes and hopefully we get a big 3&D 2 guard to replace him

Capela & OO aren't really worth their combined money but if we're stuck with Capela then at least he's still effective off the bench.  We have to start OO or find a replacement

We need a big off the bench like Gallo was who can get buckets. 

Hunter - replace if we can but i'm not sure we can.  I think with a better 2 guard and JJ improving it may just make Hunter the guy we always wanted him to be.  But has to stay healthy.  This is why bolstering the bench is key.

None of this is cheap.  

Capela plays a style only played by the Hawks due to Trae and that's why no one wants him. He will be off our books in in 2025. 

Murray really should stay but he's our only option to get better long term even if it hurts us short-term 

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I think Wolves think they found the winning formula. Banking on KAT being available is like expecting Lebron to sign with the Hawks.

There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

I would agree just curious to see how it plays out in post season. If he has another bad series and they are a quick exit I think the tune will change quickly. Luckily for them their ownership appears to be committed to pay whatever to field the best team. Does that team include KAT after April may I think still has some question marks 

• Premium Member

for the good of the league and the game in general, the Hawks should trade Trae to San Antonio.  The world deserves to see that PnR combo dominate the sport like never seen before.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, shakes said:

for the good of the league and the game in general, the Hawks should trade Trae to San Antonio.  The world deserves to see that PnR combo dominate the sport like never seen before.

Wemby doesn't set good screens but his rim running is 100x Damian Jones who was our best rim runner in the Trae era. So that would look good.

Atlanta has zero reasons to help San Antonio. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

San Antonio doesn't deserve to be gifted another dynasty.  

Pretty much, Utah got 5 1sts for Gobert. For us, we need about 10 and all unprotected otherwise we just doing SA a massive favor 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, shakes said:

Reverse!  San Antonio sends their big center to Atlanta for Murray and Capela.  Hawks take some draft picks and trash to make the $$$ work.  

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

San Antonio doesn't deserve to be gifted another dynasty.  

I agree with this and hate Pop, but the alterative is to have SAS trade Wemby to the Hawks.    As as much as SAS doesn't deserve another dynasty, the Resslers deserve one even less.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

for the good of the league and the game in general, the Spurs should trade Wemby to Atlanta.  The world deserves to see that PnR combo dominate the sport like never seen before.

if there has ever been an owner who didn't deserve that it would be Ressler.

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wemby doesn't set good screens but his rim running is 100x Damian Jones who was our best rim runner in the Trae era. So that would look good.

Atlanta has zero reasons to help San Antonio. 

Facts, first it was Lakers fans thirsting, now its San Antonio... 

These terrible fake horrible franchises just lusting after our star player for clicks and engagement.

It honestly would be absolutely golden to see the sadness pour out when we have some star come here to join Trae instead of him moving out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

That is the clear signal that resigning Conley sends to me.  So I think there would need to be something pretty dramatic to change their path.  Too bad but why be an owner if you aren't willing to take the plunge when you think the team is a contender?  A market like Minnesota only gets a few shots like that over multiple decades.

Yep.

And Minny was 42-40 last year. Hawks were 41-41.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, shakes said:

I agree with this and hate Pop, but the alterative is to have SAS trade Wemby to the Hawks.    As as much as SAS doesn't deserve another dynasty, the Resslers deserve one even less.

if there has ever been an owner who didn't deserve that it would be Ressler.

While I'm not a Ressler fan given the interference with the basketball people, the three big problems I've seen with Tony as an owner are:

(1) Getting involved in the basketball decisions;

(2) Putting his son in operations; and

(3) Being unwilling to pay an above average payroll.

None of these are really outlier behaviors.  We've seen the first two even with storied franchises like the Lakers and Cowboys.  The last one is very common in lots of sports.

So while I can't commend what he has done with his time as owner, I'd also say he is not close to the worst owner I've seen.  Sterling probably takes that cake but the ASG were also much worse.  I definitely wouldn't begrudge the city of Atlanta a strong era for the Hawks just to spite him or anything.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This math ain’t mathing for an 82 game schedule lol

No but the basic point that they were 42-40 and we were 41-41 is right.

• Thanks 1