• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our biggest issue was this:

Screenshot_20240209_102656_Samsung Internet.jpg

......teams come barreling in looking for bargain deals and presentimg their bargain offers.

The very public 'EVERYBODY BUT TRAE AND JJ Available' - again very problematic.

We just need a very different approach to the how our players are so 'PUBLICLY' readily available for so long every TDL and Offseason.   And then of course we do nothing.

Their reputation here needs work.  The messaging needs to be better and they have to do more to push back publicly when some in the media push their agenda driven narratives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I don't know if it was real, but there was a line about him switching from Luka's Signature shoe to Tatum's that was hilarious.

Yep....:laugh1:

"He switched from Lukas to Tatums by the way... his shoe selection.

Williams and Luka Doncic share an agent in Bill Duffy, which could have contributed to his initial arrival with the Mavericks. MacMahon also described the acquisition of Williams "a massive whiff" 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Their reputation here needs work.  The messaging needs to be better and they have to do more to push back publicly when some in the media push their agenda driven narratives.

If nothing else this^.

You can't control what others say, but control your own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep....:laugh1:

"He switched from Lukas to Tatums by the way... his shoe selection.

Williams and Luka Doncic share an agent in Bill Duffy, which could have contributed to his initial arrival with the Mavericks. MacMahon also described the acquisition of Williams "a massive whiff" 

Hope people pay attention to this part when they complain about Klutch sending players to certain places.  And also understand these lesser-known agencies rep much more players than Klutch. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Even better would be if guys like Gueye and Tyrese Martin were contributing like productive second round picks

Seth Lundy you mean. He's actually been tearing g up the GLeague.

I wonder if he can be our Saddiq replacement if Hawks don't resign him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

When talking about our bench here are two of the really big problems:

AJ & Kobe

They should both be in the rotation and giving us strong impact at a low price ala what guys like Trey Murphy are giving their teams.  To have gotten nothing from our #15 and #16 picks the last two years really hurts.  It is made even worse since we didn't sign cheap positive impact players but signed or traded for some of the worst bench performers in the entire league this year.

Even better would be if guys like Gueye and Tyrese Martin were contributing like productive second round picks ala Herbert Jones for Pelicans but at least second round picks have such low hit rate that I can understand that.  Snyder needs to see what we have in our borderline lottery picks and former lottery pick (OO) rest of the year.

You mean Lundy? We let Martin go i. The offseason.

I agree though. The young guys at least give you energy and hustle that some vets can’t provide anymore.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Beat me

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO will have spent the entirety of his rookie contract as a backup after being the #6 pick :mellow:.

I hope he finishes out the rest of the season as the starter. We need to see what that looks like.  If not starting, he still at least needs to play 30 mpg.

I don't think CC will be back before the Allstar break, so we get to see OO as the starter at least for the next 4 games.

He has played better his last 5 games:

Screenshot_20240209_111001_Samsung Internet.jpg

They absolutely have to pivot to starting OO and giving him the lion's share of minutes with Jalen.  Continuing to start Clint does nothing to preserve his trade value anymore.  The league has spoken on that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

To me the step we skipped is acquiring a true second star.  They signed JC to an extension paying him to be at least a third star and he never made the leap and in fact regressed.  We spent half of our draft capital on Murray and he didn’t make the impact we hoped.  

$105M spend and multiple draft picks burned on Murray, JC, Hunter, Capela, and Bogi.  We failed on what we invested in, not a willingness to invest.  Which of those investments got us a secondary star to pair with Trae?

Even after cutting JC if we sign Bey next year and add an MLE player we’ll move close to a top 10 payroll team.  What will that do for us?  Another player adds depth, but we still skipped the MOST important step.  Adding another Batman or Robin.  

If we spend on Bey and an MLE, we’ll have a big collection of non all stars, top 10 payroll, and still be a Play In team.  

Also, very limited options to upgrade from there.  

We blew the draft with Hunter and Cam also.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Isn't he our meth-Bogi replacement?  Too small to play 4, right? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

You mean Lundy? We let Martin go i. The offseason.

I agree though. The young guys at least give you energy and hustle that some vets can’t provide anymore.

Beat me

No I mean Tyrese Martin.  The guy we drafted last year in the second round.  If he was contributing that would be great.  

I am hoping for Lundy too of course but I meant to name him as someone who we drafted and hasn't done ****.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

No I mean Tyrese Martin.  The guy we drafted last year in the second round.  If he was contributing that would be great.  

I am hoping for Lundy too of course but I meant to name him as someone who we drafted and hasn't done ****.

Got it re Martin...another failed second round pick. The last 2nd rounders we drafted that made good were Mike and Mike, Scott and Muscala.

AJ and Kobe - 1st rounders contributing nothing

Gueye and Lundy - 2nd rounders contributing nothing.

With our pick deficit in the coming years, there development is paramount.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Isn't he our meth-Bogi replacement?  Too small to play 4, right? 

Saddiq shouldn't be playing the 4 as a starter either. But I see what you mean.

Lundy is more SG/SF, than SF/PF...he's 6'-6"

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Got it re Martin...another failed second round pick. The last 2nd rounders we drafted that made good were Mike and Mike, Scott and Muscala.

Yea, the really good teams all have hit on really late round picks too. It's all a crap-shoot, but really the Hawks have just been drawing crap mostly. If we had missed on the Trae Young pick we are essentially detroit. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

If we had missed on the Trae Young pick we are essentially detroit. 

Definitely truth to this if you look at our drafting record after that draft.  JJ is the only standout successful pick since.  The rest are either mildly positive or negative.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Definitely truth to this if you look at our drafting record after that draft.  JJ is the only standout successful pick since.  The rest are either mildly positive or negative.

JJ pick really hasn't gotten to the 2nd contract yet. JC at this stage looked like a better value than JJ and now he looks awful. Kevin was a hit. Even got us a 1st and he helped turned Sacramento into a playoff team. 

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dont forget about us taking this guy in the 1st rd. Plenty of better players were still on the board.. Good grief

How can you watch Villanova tape and take this dude over Brunson???

Hell, he did the same thing the next year taking Tyler freakin Dorsey over Dillon Brooks after watching Oregon Pro day... smfh

Thanks Schlenk...

images.jpg.af25b70c042a13479836006a0c901784.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Naw Bufkin is gonna be a star.

Take Landry's word for it...

ssstwitter-com-1707420818778-1.gif.3d77ae4cb3eb1717743bb22925d7be9e.gif

Dude acting like he just drafted the REAL Kobe.. smh

download.jpg.adde6d477f999e7cf2662d8262ef3915.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, the really good teams all have hit on really late round picks too. It's all a crap-shoot, but really the Hawks have just been drawing crap mostly. If we had missed on the Trae Young pick we are essentially detroit. 

In fairness it's really hard to hit on Trae's level more than once in a five year span.  Even Cam is still in the league as a starter.  JC could still be on our team if we signed him to a more reasonable contract. 

From JC going forward we drafted almost all starters.  I really think the draft was not our big area of weakness in the Trae era.  To me our big blunder was in mismanaging the assets we had.  Think back to right after the ECF.  JC, Capela, Cam, Dre, Huerter, Gallo, Okongwu, and Bogi.  Multiple combinations of those guys plus picks that went in the Murray trade is what we should have pushed for a second star.

I give them credit for trying with Murray.  Now we just have to regroup and try again, but we just don't have the same assets as back then.