• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

re the Hawks nearing a rebuild ?

FL_BRYANT

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

And remember how the can't miss, hotshot draft pick last year was the Scoot guy?  Now they're talking about that dude needing to learn how to play basketball.  That's what people want?  Folks gaga over Wemby and even his alleged generational a** won't contribute to winning for 4-5 years and that's with the probable greatest coach out there.

I'm done with all the running tankathon lotto simulators and getting excited about unprovens.  Heyul, what are our latest lotto picks doing rn?  One could be overseas before his rookie deal is done (Reddish) and most of us can't wait to get rid of the other (Hunter).

That's what folks want?  Smh 

Speaking of which…3-15. Who are the Spurs tanking for now?

We need a versatile defensive minded combo guard as a backup. Aka bring back Delon. Offensively, he will do better in this new scheme

We could use another big wing who can guard 1,2, 3, and big wings. 

Elite offensive center or close with true size is probably the biggest need. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need a versatile defensive minded combo guard as a backup. Aka bring back Delon. Offensively, he will do better in this new scheme

We could use another big wing who can guard 1,2, 3, and big wings

Sounds like you angling for a CHI trade.  Vuc and Caruso or Williams.  I don't like any of those players, but they seem to match your descriptions theoretically.

My fear for us is I don't think what we need is actually available.  The CHI crap is the closest to it, sadly. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Williams, no. He wants 100+ million. I don't have a big wing in mind. I don't know if that player is even available. But it can't just be Dre. Not hating on my guy but he's not good enough to be a single point of failure. We need someone like Deni as well but no one is giving those guys away and everyone wants one. Maybe see if Tari Eason available for a 2nd rounder. He's playing so that's not possible. Idk. Everyone wants big wings. 

Caruso would help but at what cost?

Vuc, yeah. I am all in on a Clint for Vuc trade. Both teams would win in this this as well. 

I'd like to have Vuc, Finney Smith, and Bojan.   It's possible too i think.  At least the first 2 can probably be had without giving up a ton.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Williams, no. He wants 100+ million. I don't have a big wing in mind. I don't know if that player is even available. But it can't just be Dre. Not hating on my guy but he's not good enough to be a single point of failure. We need someone like Deni as well but no one is giving those guys away and everyone wants one. Maybe see if Tari Eason available for a 2nd rounder. He's playing so that's not possible. Idk. Everyone wants big wings. 

Caruso would help but at what cost?

Vuc, yeah. I am all in on a Clint for Vuc trade. Both teams would win in this this as well. 

Williams is delusional if he thinks he's worth that.  

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd like to have Vuc, Finney Smith, and Bojan.   It's possible too i think.  At least the first 2 can probably be had without giving up a ton.  

My only question about Vuc is that capela saves our bacon defensively and rebounding a lot.  Is Vuc worth it to lose that?  I say no unless we can add defensive pieces on the wing. 

• Like 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Williams is delusional if he thinks he's worth that.  

My only question about Vuc is that capela saves our bacon defensively and rebounding a lot.  Is Vuc worth it to lose that?  I say no unless we can add defensive pieces on the wing. 

I don't think you can trade Capela and keep his strengths unless you land a guy like Embiid. Once we lose what Clint does best, it's gone. It's about value. I value an elite offensive scoring true big more than a elite rim running and protecting big. Both can rebound at a high level. Vuc can do thing on D like Clint but not as good. Clint can do somethings like Vuc but just not as good. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Many times you and I arent far off from each other.  But there's a lot here i disagree with.

The bolded is way strong, imho.  Monti is fine but far from great.

That team is good enough to eek out a win and should be far better than what they are.

DET hasn't figured out really any positions other than C and a wing.  Not sure if Ausar lands at 3 or 4 but he's a dude.  Cunningham is not a pg and I'm afraid they're gonna waste more years before they admit it.

Bogdano will help them win a few games when he returns but they're gonna suck either way.  Perpetual lotto land awaits the Pistons. 

My feel is that Monty missed out on a few coaches of the year in both N.O. and Phoenix.   His teams are always ready to play and they play well.   I agree with you that their wings are terrible.   Their drafting in Detroit has been hit and miss.   Asur is going to be something special.   Duren is something Special.   Cade is something special.   The idea that Cade is not a PG is off to me.   He's an OG/PG.   In a lot of ways he is like a mix of Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway.   He doesn't have the natural instinct and pin point passing of Trae... but who does?  However, I still think he's a good PG. 

People harping over their November... should do this... Look at their roster.  Now Look at their schedule.

image.png

Who were they supposed to beat?  I will say the Wizards and maybe the Raptors.  Everybody else is clearly better than them.   They were not going to be the Lakers, Pacers, Nuggets, Cavs, or Knicks.  But they definitely should have shown up better. 

Like you said, Bogdano will come in and their fortunes will change for a while.  Plus their schedule will become a little easier.  But overall, I see them purposely taking one more swing at the draft.   If they can bypass all of the propaganda, Cody Williams is what they need. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Speaking of which…3-15. Who are the Spurs tanking for now?

JaKobe Walter. 

But I don't think he's the best pick in the draft.   Maybe the other Frenchman may be fore them. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My feel is that Monty missed out on a few coaches of the year in both N.O. and Phoenix.

Monty got absolutely hosed when Thibs won COY.  That was one of the bigger loads of horse manure in recent memory and just a reminder that NBA remains basically a middle school culture of cliques.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Monty got absolutely hosed when Thibs won COY.  That was one of the bigger loads of horse manure in recent memory and just a reminder that NBA remains basically a middle school culture of cliques.  

Well, the throne will always be in NY... no matter how great other teams do.. if NY has an improvement, they will be played up like they are the best thing since sliced bread... Just like Rap.

That's why Trae and the Hawks dismantling the Knicks was so satisfying.  To see all the NY fanboys who had been on TV talking up the Knicks... crying in their soup... was great. 

stephen-a-smith-espn.gif

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh... And Nate got hosed too!

image.png

We don't like to talk about it.. but Nate took a 14 and 20 team...  and what 27 of the next 38 games.    That's the best that we have ever been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We could use another big wing who can guard 1,2, 3, and big wings. 

I'm good with Delon or Caruso.

What are thoughts on this: Murray + 2ish assets for Mikal Bridges? I think for us to upgrade our defense in a playoff sustainable way, unfortunately one of Young or Murray will have to go and Young's upside is too high.

40 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My feel is that Monty missed out on a few coaches of the year in both N.O. and Phoenix.   His teams are always ready to play and they play well.   I agree with you that their wings are terrible.   Their drafting in Detroit has been hit and miss.   Asur is going to be something special.   Duren is something Special.   Cade is something special.   The idea that Cade is not a PG is off to me.   He's an OG/PG.   In a lot of ways he is like a mix of Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway.   He doesn't have the natural instinct and pin point passing of Trae... but who does?  However, I still think he's a good PG. 

People harping over their November... should do this... Look at their roster.  Now Look at their schedule.

image.png

Who were they supposed to beat?  I will say the Wizards and maybe the Raptors.  Everybody else is clearly better than them.   They were not going to be the Lakers, Pacers, Nuggets, Cavs, or Knicks.  But they definitely should have shown up better. 

Like you said, Bogdano will come in and their fortunes will change for a while.  Plus their schedule will become a little easier.  But overall, I see them purposely taking one more swing at the draft.   If they can bypass all of the propaganda, Cody Williams is what they need. 

Cade should be using his pg-like skills as a playmaking wing the same way Ben Simmons should've been.  He lacks the athletic profile to be a lead guard consistently.  Can't get by guys, can't go over guys.  That's not who should be your primary ballhandler.  Not fighting, btw, just sharing muh thoughts.

And you don't hire a guy to that contract then tank .  Especially not in a draft lacking a true #1.  And bad teams fall into wins all the time, often against teams who they shouldn't beat on paper.  To go winless for a whole month should be a huge knock on Monti.  I'm not saying he's trash, just saying he's overrated. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

I'm good with Delon or Caruso.

What are thoughts on this: Murray + 2ish assets for Mikal Bridges? I think for us to upgrade our defense in a playoff sustainable way, unfortunately one of Young or Murray will have to go and Young's upside is too high.

Delon should be a LOT cheaper than Caruso so that would be my bias unless the price for Caruso is overstated.

No argument that Bridges would seem to be a better fit.  I've always viewed him as what I hope Hunter becomes (back when he wasn't as prolific of a scorer).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Delon should be a LOT cheaper than Caruso so that would be my bias unless the price for Caruso is overstated.

No argument that Bridges would seem to be a better fit.  I've always viewed him as what I hope Hunter becomes (back when he wasn't as prolific of a scorer).

Agreed on the first point. RN I see our weakest links defensively as Murray and Bey. Most of the others aren't great either, but Young and Bogi are too good offensively.. Hunter would be better if he was our #2 defender on the perimeter and/or had more help around him.

7 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Agreed on the first point. RN I see our weakest links defensively as Murray and Bey. Most of the others aren't great either, but Young and Bogi are too good offensively.. Hunter would be better if he was our #2 defender on the perimeter and/or had more help around him.

Defensive instincts are so lacking for certain guys it's crazy.  Like watch the flow of play, for cripes sake.  So slow to react.  Trae is bad at it but seems to be getting better.  I be watching Bey like, "dude go over there.  No, not there.  THERE!  STOP WATCHIN THA BAWL!!!"  

• Like 3