• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For all those who are still crying over the LUKA TRADE....

Diesel

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's not that hard.  They've fumbled a bunch and mismanaged that roster

They didn't mesh.  IMO it was largely a coaching and personnel issue but they didn't play well together at all.

Brunson is making $25M/year* on a descending schedule.  Dallas messed up not extending him early.

This should have been the end of the thread.

Trae is a very good player and is fun to watch, but he's not better than Luka.  Anyone that watches both players play can see that Luka is a better player.  He has a much higher floor and imo he has a higher ceiling as well, due to Trae's lack of size.  Having your primary ball handler be 6'7" makes roster building much easier.  He's not a good defender but you can build around him much, much, easier.  Trae is much harder to build around because of how small he is.  And on offense, being able to self-create efficiently is absolutely invaluable.  Luka does that much, much, better than Trae, which is why he's way more efficient in the playoffs (TS 53% versus 58%; eFG 46% versus 55%).

This post is delusional and makes our fan base look really insecure, time to move on.

Just to be clear, I think Luka has been better than Trae and I don't find it particularly interesting to try to come up with an argument to the contrary.  It is enough for me that both have been very good additions to their teams and have put up numbers already that will be on the lists of the next great players for generations to come just as with a lot of names you see anytime someone is posting the list of most 40/15 games or most triple doubles or whatever.  Both have their warts and their moments of awe, but I'm more interested in seeing what they do going forward than comparing them or bemoaning what we did in that draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just to be clear, I think Luka has been better than Trae and I don't find it particularly interesting to try to come up with an argument to the contrary.  It is enough for me that both have been very good additions to their teams and have put up numbers already that will be on the lists of the next great players for generations to come just as with a lot of names you see anytime someone is posting the list of most 40/15 games or most triple doubles or whatever.  Both have their warts and their moments of awe, but I'm more interested in seeing what they do going forward than comparing them or bemoaning what we did in that draft.

Agree with all of this, which is why I find it embarrassing when other Hawks fans make really stretchy arguments to frame Trae as the better player.  It's been over 5 years...

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's not that hard.  They've fumbled a bunch and mismanaged that roster

No.  I am willing to believe that there's a clash in personality with the generational star and the players that they tried to surround him with.    Their FO are not idiots. 

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae is a very good player and is fun to watch, but he's not better than Luka. 

See... Here's the interesting thing... Nobody but the Lamenters have said anything about Trae or Trae being better than Luka.  This was a full on question about Luka and Luka only ... and note how many times and who brought up Trae...  It's very telling.  You guys get defensive so quickly.  You jump to conclusions that are not there.  You heard the question "What have Luka done?" and you quickly and defensively respond....  Luka is better than Trae?  What does that have to do with the question on the floor.  You said that something about Trae should be the end of the thread... ... You mean that thread that wasn't about Trae in the first place?   I'm Laughing..  My Grandfather used to say a hit dog will bark.

image.png

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree with all of this, which is why I find it embarrassing when other Hawks fans make really stretchy arguments to frame Trae as the better player.  It's been over 5 years...

I think most folks are only making the case that Trae is very, very good and the bottom line results aren't that different right now.  

So to me it's less about who's the better player and more about applying the same standards to both guys if you're really hell bent on comparing them.  To me the 'Luka is generational and Trae sucks' crowd are much more embarrassing than the ones saying Trae is on par with Luka. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Or when Hawks fans make arguments against Trae only from the basis of the trade. 

IT HAS BEEN 5 YEARS.

It has been 5 years and the Lamenters are still Lamenting.  They show up when we lose.  They criticize everything about Trae win or lose... and when you ask them what has Luka Done...  Their response has something to do with Trae?  Not the question.  What has Luka Done?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I think most folks are only making the case that Trae is very, very good and the bottom line results aren't that different right now.  

So to me it's less about who's the better player and more about applying the same standards to both guys if you're really hell bent on comparing them.  To me the 'Luka is generational and Trae sucks' crowd are much more embarrassing than the ones saying Trae is on par with Luka. 

You're correct and I should have just called out Diesel by name.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

You're correct and I should have just called out Diesel by name.

So you believe that I have said that Trae is better than Luka??

Find it.

That's your defensiveness at work.  When I ask you What has Luka done.. you just go into auto defense mode and think that somebody is making a claim that Trae is better than Luka.   NO... I'm asking what has Luka done?  What has he accomplished?  He's Generational... OK.. What has he done to earn that proclamation?  Maybe I'm comparing him to James Harden and Just don't see what all the talk is about.   Maybe I'm comparing him to Lebron and wondering.. why all this praise for a guy who is 12-16 in the playoffs?  What has Luka done?  []