For all those who are still crying over the LUKA TRADE....

Diesel

• Premium Member

@Plainview1981

@bleachkit

@terrell

@Bonkers

What has Luka Done??

Stats to the side... Production to the front... What has LUKA DONE?

Luka's playoff Record 12-16.

Trae's playoff Record 12-15.

What has Luka Done??  Since every post that you guys make are a representation of your hate for this trade... Tell me... What Has Luka done?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

What has Luka done?

Caused some Squawk posters to wish the trade hadn't happened.  Hawks got Trae and a first round pick the following year.  Don't forget the extra 1st round pick.  Yeah.  Him.  He's now a Laker starter.  Cam Reddish just had a +31 in their last game.  We all wanted him gone.  See what we did!

Be careful what you wish for.  You might get it.

:smug:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No one wanted Cam gone - he asked for a trade. The pick we received for him was used in the Murray trade.

Speak for yourself, I sure wanted him gone.  Was a bum, still a bum, will always be a bum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

@Plainview1981

@bleachkit

@terrell

@Bonkers

What has Luka Done??

What has Luka Done??  Since every post that you guys make are a representation of your hate for this trade... Tell me... What Has Luka done?

giphy.gif

Why you brining up old shit? Geez..

Trae has been playing well lately, no need to drift away from the real problem with the Hawks(roster construction)

With that said

I can't believe youre still trying to make this comparison.. And the worst part is when you say they've had the same level of "Playoff success." smh.

Both have been to Conf Finals.. Yes

Luka avg 33/9/8 on 47%fg. 36% 3pt in the Playoffs

Trae avg 26/9/3 on 40%fg 29% 3pt in the Playoffs

No comparison

And Luka team lost to the Clippers twice but he DOMINATED(with Kawhi and PG taking turns defending him), then he demolished the Suns. Trae(who shot like shit both series) beat the Knicks(with no Mitchell Robinson) and a 76ers team that choked(plus Embiid played with a torn meniscus), then got absolutely EMBARASSED by the Heat.. Like completely SHUT DOWN...

Hell, SGA, Mikal, and maybe even Brunson are better options from that draft than Trae if we're being honest.

Stop the Trae Luka BS man.. That ship has sailed. 

Both bad defenders, bad leaders, etc... but you take Luka 10 out of 10 times based on SIZE alone..................

Ill NEVER mention Luka on here again if you dont.. Deal?

We need to focus on the future not the past.. Agreed?

Hawks gotta get this shit right and Trae isnt going anywhere. We all know that.. So...................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why you brining up old shit? Geez..

Trae has been playing well lately, no need to drift away from the real problem with the Hawks(roster construction)

With that said

I can't believe youre still trying to make this comparison.. And the worst part is when you say they've had the same level of "Playoff success." smh.

Both have been to Conf Finals.. Yes

Luka avg 33/9/8 on 47%fg. 36% 3pt in the Playoffs

Trae avg 26/9/3 on 40%fg 29% 3pt in the Playoffs

No comparison

And Luka team lost to the Clippers twice but he DOMINATED(with Kawhi and PG taking turns defending him), then he demolished the Suns. Trae(who shot like shit both series) beat the Knicks(with no Mitchell Robinson) and a 76ers team that choked(plus Embiid played with a torn meniscus), then got absolutely EMBARASSED by the Heat.. Like completely SHUT DOWN...

Hell, SGA, Mikal, and maybe even Brunson are better options from that draft than Trae if we're being honest.

Stop the Trae Luka BS man.. That ship has sailed. 

Both bad defenders, bad leaders, etc... but you take Luka 10 out of 10 times based on SIZE alone..................

Ill NEVER mention Luka on here again if you dont.. Deal?

We need to focus on the future not the past.. Agreed?

Hawks gotta get this shit right and Trae isnt going anywhere. We all know that.. So...................

AS EXPECTED....

Just want to show Stats...  

TO DATE... Luka has gone no farther than Trae in the playoffs.  Probably because Luka shoots 69% from the FT in the playoffs?  You forgot that stat right?

This is not about Stats and we're not even bringing in CAM because if we want to play the Hindsight game...  We could have had Herro... If that's the thing that you Luka Lamenters want to do. 

Let me ask you again @terrell so that you can actually think about the question...

What has LUKA Accomplished?

If Stats meant Something,  Tracy McGrady would be on Mount Rushmore with Grant Hill, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, and Karl Malone...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

AS EXPECTED....

Just want to show Stats...  

TO DATE... Luka has gone no farther than Trae in the playoffs.  Probably because Luka shoots 69% from the FT in the playoffs?  You forgot that stat right?

This is not about Stats and we're not even bringing in CAM because if we want to play the Hindsight game...  We could have had Herro... If that's the thing that you Luka Lamenters want to do. 

Let me ask you again @terrell so that you can actually think about the question...

If Stats meant Something,  Tracy McGrady would be on Mount Rushmore with Grant Hill, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, and Karl Malone...

Robert Horry "accomplished" more than Charles Barkley using your logic... You taking him over Barkley? lol. Stop man..

If you think TRae is better than LUka thats fine...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Robert Horry "accomplished" more than Charles Barkley using your logic... You taking him over Barkley? lol. Stop man..

If you think TRae is better than LUka thats fine...

So Barkley goes on your Mount Rushmore?

What's your take on Tracy McGrady.. 7 time allstar....  One of the only players in history to score over 60 points in a game. 

In 2002-2003 season, he averaged 32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg  from the SG position. 

image.png

What does his statistical mastery mean to you?

So there's a story about Grant Hill's useless (to us) a**.  Apparently he bought in when the Hawks were worth like $800 mil or whatevs.  Now the franchise is worth 3billion.

Keep that in mind as you ponder (a) if they regert the trade and (b) if they GAF about winning in the standings.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Luka and Trae have both been home run hits for their teams.  No need to crap on either to make the other look better.  They aren’t the same player but we are years from that draft and I think both teams should be thrilled with their pick.  For the Hawks, Trae craps on every other lottery pick we’ve ever drafted.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 12/9/2023 at 7:05 PM, kg01 said:

So there's a story about Grant Hill's useless (to us) a**.  Apparently he bought in when the Hawks were worth like $800 mil or whatevs.  Now the franchise is worth 3billion.

Keep that in mind as you ponder (a) if they regert the trade and (b) if they GAF about winning in the standings.

I just read that.   What was shocking to me is that Grant Hill only made 100 Million dollars during his playing career.   And that he is an investor in Atlanta city housing. 

On 12/9/2023 at 2:02 PM, Diesel said:

@Plainview1981

@bleachkit

@terrell

@Bonkers

What has Luka Done??

giphy.gif

I'll explain it to you....

Which is easier to build around? A PG that is small, extremely poor on defense and has basically no versatility or a player that can play multiple positions, give you size and is simply a better player?

Trae is not even really a better 3pt shooter at this point. 

Like I've expressed before.... The Hawks have not done the best job at putting the best team around Trae, but it's going to be hard to cover Trae's limitations.

Some of the folks here are probably the only people at this point that would even argue that Trae is holding his own, or is just as good or better. And there is a reason why that is.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'll explain it to you....

Which is easier to build around? A PG that is small, extremely poor on defense and has basically no versatility or a player that can play multiple positions, give you size and is simply a better player?

Trae is not even really a better 3pt shooter at this point. 

Like I've expressed before.... The Hawks have not done the best job at putting the best team around Trae, but it's going to be hard to cover Trae's limitations.

Some of the folks here are probably the only people at this point that would even argue that Trae is holding his own, or is just as good or better. And there is a reason why that is.

The question my friend... is What has Luka done?

It's interesting... We get a whole lot of should've could've would've when asking the question what Has Luka done.. But nobody can name one thing that Luka has done.    He's easier to build around.. great.. What has Dallas done with the player that's easier to build around?   He's a better 3 pt shooter.. not true.. but Great... What has his better Three Point shooting done??  Of all the People Hots.. You should be the one who understands the need for accomplishment... because you have held Every Hawks player to that High standard of accomplishing a chip.. Well, Hold that same standard to Luka. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Point

What has Trae done? He didn't even make the All star team last year.

He struggles to shoot 41% in an era that is Taylor made for him... Luka shoots better, scores more and rebounds more. 

All I have to do is point out that Luka is the better player and has less limitations in order to say that Trae over Luka was a bad pick.

Your point has little meaning when the player you're trying to defend has little accomplishments of his own and can't even make the all star team.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

What has Trae done? He didn't even make the All star team last year.

He struggles to shoot 41% in an era that is Taylor made for him... Luka shoots better, scores more and rebounds more. 

All I have to do is point out that Luka is the better player and has less limitations in order to say that Trae over Luka was a bad pick.

Your point has little meaning when the player you're trying to defend has little accomplishments of his own and can't even make the all star team.

So now, you answer my question with a question...   I see how this works.. when you don't have an answer, you change the subject...  Cool...

So let's just establish that Luka has accomplished NOTHING.

If Luke is the better player.. so be it.. but what has he accomplished???  Nothing!