• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring on the BIG Lineup around Trae! Say goodbye to Murray

JTB

I don’t understand how any hawks fan can watch these games and not see that length and strength are our biggest concerns. We can’t play defense because we have no size what so ever. The effort to defend starts to become a loss cause….if you can’t make up for strength and length with effort then you’re just doomed.

sorry folks but we are just getting punked on easy baskets and NO it’s not Traes fault!

Hell Trae is having a good year defensively for his status. He’s put way more effort in defensively and he’s had 4 or 5 games this season with key defensive stops.

I’m over the experiment. I don’t regret the Murray trade I just think circumstances changed when Synder took over for Nate. With Nate you need another go to scorer because Nate isn’t forcing the ball and player movement. With Synder you need the go to scorer when the offense breaks down or when key clutch baskets are needed.

NO ONE wants to say it but Bogi is better than Murray under Synders offense system so that made Murray’s offensive game expendable…the need for Murray’s 1 on 1 game just isn’t as big of a need now.

Im hoping the Siakam trade goes down but not for Hunter…I rather we trade Murray and no I don’t hate Murray but again the circumstances has just changed.

The Trae/Murray tandem worked offensively but not defensively and the offense isn’t impactful enough to overcome the very poor team defense.

i think it would be a huge mistake to trade Hunter in any package for Siakam when Murray isn’t our 2nd best offensive weapon (Bogi is)…and Murray isn’t our top defensive option (Trae has passed him up).

the front office got to get over their past mistakes and keep moving. As long as we have Trae we have a top 10 offense that’s just facts. Trae and Murray has to score tough baskets too often also. Siakam can fix that and get some easy baskets offensively.

I hope to see us go with a big lineup soon (post major trade)….

Trae, Hunter, Jalen, Siakam, Capela 

or

Trae, Hunter, Jalen, Siakam, Vucevic (via trade with bulls)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was with you until you slotted in Hunter at SG.  There's no single trade that really fixes this roster.  We need a Delon Wright / Caruso / Lou Dort type of SG that can play high level defense and is an average shooter.  Hunter cannot defend guards.  Siakam/JJ at forwards is probably the best we can hope for right now and then either put Bogi at SG for more spacing or find a lockdown defender.  We're in a tough spot because both camps are correct -- we need a better front court but Trae/DJ heavily overlap in what they bring to our offense and defense and have not really synergized well.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I was with you until you slotted in Hunter at SG.  There's no single trade that really fixes this roster.  We need a Delon Wright / Caruso / Lou Dort type of SG that can play high level defense and is an average shooter.  Hunter cannot defend guards.  Siakam/JJ at forwards is probably the best we can hope for right now and then either put Bogi at SG for more spacing or find a lockdown defender.  We're in a tough spot because both camps are correct -- we need a better front court but Trae/DJ heavily overlap in what they bring to our offense and defense and have not really synergized well.  

Playoffs will be interesting but i think we can make more noise than we think even with a flawed roster.  Teams are both extremely talented and pretty lazy in the regular season.  It's not just our games, lots of games having teams go over 120 points regularly.  Celtics let us back in the game when we played them.  Not many teams out there where you say they are a lock for the finals.  And injuries play a huge role. 

Who here is a big believer in Sac, Orlando, or Houston this season?  But they are winning and might end up in a good playoff position and then anything can happen as we know. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Tough for me to think about the playoffs when we're sitting at the 11th seed.  I believe we should be around 8 based on our talent and what I've seen this season, but we still gotta get through the play in if we get up there...

I meant playoffs in general not necessarily us.  Most of these teams don't play a solid 48.  That may change but might not.  NBA more than ever seems to be huge runs in every game. 

• Like 1