• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

Imagine looking at that film and thinking that is good P&R defense.  The amount of space between he and the shooter is alarming, particularly since he has no chance of closing out at all.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Imagine looking at that film and thinking that is good P&R defense.  The amount of space between he and the shooter is alarming, particularly since he has no chance of closing out at all.  

The data doesn't lie.

Why does Purdue have a bottom 20 attempts in the paint per game I wonder though. They mentioned it on the broadcast today. Edey deters shots in the paint.

Also, everyone tries to get Edey in space, their success is limited at best. 

If this was such a weakness, it would be easily exploited even in college. But it's not. 

He's not as bad as you keep saying he is. He's not good but he's not anywhere near as bad as your selling. The numbers would show it. 

• Premium Member

"Of course, I want to see him one-on-one. He just doesn't want to do that with me. His agent will not do that with me, and I know he won't. It’s a business decision," Buzelis responded to BasketNews when asked if he would like to challenge Risacher in the NBA pre-draft workout.

"My advantage is that I have everything over him," he added when asked about his main advantage that would enable him to win this duel.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He will get torched in the NBA by NBA athletes.  

If he's not getting torched in college, he's unlikely get torched in the NBA. The guys who get torched in college usually get torched in the NBA. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If he's not getting torched in college, he's unlikely get torched in the NBA. The guys who get torched in college usually get torched in the NBA. 

But he is getting torched in college.  You can see it by looking at how much space he leaves between himself and the ball handler.  He's dipping down deep because he knows he will get beat off the dribble with ease in space, but it's leaving the shooter far too open.  That's what the NBA will exploit.  

The difference between Edey and Clingan defensively is monstrous.  Clingan is FAR BETTER defensively.  He's moves easier.  He can close space easier because of that movement ability.  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

But he is getting torched in college.  You can see it by looking at how much space he leaves between himself and the ball handler.  He's dipping down deep because he knows he will get beat off the dribble with ease in space, but it's leaving the shooter far too open.  That's what the NBA will exploit.  

The difference between Edey and Clingan defensively is monstrous.  Clingan is FAR BETTER defensively.  He's moves easier.  He can close space easier because of that movement ability.  

He's not getting torched in college, at least this season. I've watched 27 games and the only one game, i can say he got exploited and after that, he adjusted and it hasn't happened since to that degree. 

I keep telling you this but you refuse to listen. I ask for your proof but you always go, just wait till he's in the NBA. Well if he's terrible, he will get torched right now. Every game, I hear about how XnX will torched Edey but they never do. They might get him on a couple possessions but he always adjust. 

You should really get in touch with reality. 

Clingan clearly better defensively but he's not far better. Walker Kessler is far better but Edey is far better offensively than Walker is and Edey is clearly better offensively than Clingan. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's not getting torched in college, at least this season. I've watched 27 games and the only one game, i can say he got exploited and after that, he adjusted and it hasn't happened since to that degree. 

I keep telling you this but you refuse to listen. I ask for your proof but you always go, just wait till he's in the NBA. Well if he's terrible, he will get torched right now. Every game, I hear about how XnX will torched Edey but they never do. They might get him on a couple possessions but he always adjust. 

You should really get in touch with reality. 

I am in touch with reality.  I see Edey for what he is.  A situational, throwback big who has no perimeter game and can't defend.  That's his reality.  He's not this unicorn prospect that is going to change the way the game is played, which is what you are trying to make him into.  There isn't an ounce of modern NBA big skill in his body.  

• Like 1

Even the draft guys who like his game better than I do call him a situational big at best in the NBA.  The defensive limitations are very real, as is the lack of offensive versatility.  

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I am in touch with reality.  I see Edey for what he is.  A situational, throwback big who has no perimeter game and can't defend.  That's his reality.  He's not this unicorn prospect that is going to change the way the game is played, which is what you are trying to make him into.  There isn't an ounce of modern NBA big skill in his body.  

No you aren't. You refuse to acknowledge anything you don't agree with and you never have any proof

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Even the draft guys who like his game better than I do call him a situational big at best in the NBA.  The defensive limitations are very real, as is the lack of offensive versatility.  

Lol okay...

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lol okay...

Who’s ignoring what now?   I just listened to the No Ceilings podcast discussing Edey and Clingan.  They like his game.  Corey said he can be an 18-24 min situational big, and Anthony said you aren’t taking him at 26 to be your starting center.   Vecenie called him a situational big.  

• Like 1