• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

Posted (edited)

This is Boban, one of the most gifted post up players we have ever seen in the NBA. 

Nice fluidity. 

Strong

Skillful

Elite hands

Quick in singular post up actions

Weakness 

Hates moving

Horrendous stamina 

Horrendous at movement

Incapable of playing more than 15mpg

Could not move on defense 

Gets tired too fast and his motor is ass

You may hear an idiot or two compare Edey to him, please ignore them. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Fluidity is a term that is being used to pawn off someone’s lack of high level athleticism.  

I don't why you are struggling with comprehension? 

I've showed you videos and still don't get it 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't why you are struggling with comprehension? 

I've showed you videos and still don't get it 

It’s because what you think you are showing me in videos is not what you think it is.  There is nothing in Edey’s game that says elite athlete.  Everything says he’s big and slow.  

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It’s because what you think you are showing me in videos is not what you think it is.  There is nothing in Edey’s game that says elite athlete.  Everything says he’s big and slow.  

Freak athlete.

Lmao, you got access to a stop watch. Use it. You refuse to accept the truth. Sounds like a you problem 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Freak athlete.

Lmao, you got access to a stop watch. Use it. You refuse to accept the truth. Sounds like a you problem 

Freak athletes do not move this slow.  

I think its a bit foolish to spend this much time discussing a player we have less that a 20% chance of being able to get and even less to probably get. But I am looking forward to calling scoreboard on this one in 2 years.

There's video evidence of him playing a year ago with NBA level talent and more than holding his own. I really don't think we should spend too much more time debating it, mainly because the opinions expressed seem more based in what people have heard about him and less about logic and reason.

The simplest logic. The guy posted 1st half double doubles in the first 2 tournament games. He was pulled with 15 minutes to in one game and he's averaging 26.5 and 17.5 for the tourney. He averaged 24.5 and 12.1 for the season, in the big ten.

These are not normal numbers and need to be respected. Few have come close to doing what he's doing. Logic dictates that in a weak draft class, you take the guy doing things no one else has done in a long time.

Last year in college

Zach Edey 24.5/12.1

Tim Duncan 20.8/14.7

Holmgren averaged 14.1/9.9

Bruno 13.5/10.6

Embiid 11.2/8.1

Bam Adebeyo 13/8

Stephen Adams 7.2/6.3

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think its a bit foolish to spend this much time discussing a player we have less that a 20% chance of being able to get and even less to probably get. But I am looking forward to calling scoreboard on this one in 2 years.

There's video evidence of him playing a year ago with NBA level talent and more than holding his own. I really don't think we should spend too much more time debating it, mainly because the opinions expressed seem more based in what people have heard about him and less about logic and reason.

The simplest logic. The guy posted 1st half double doubles in the first 2 tournament games. He was pulled with 15 minutes to in one game and he's averaging 26.5 and 17.5 for the tourney. He averaged 24.5 and 12.1 for the season, in the big ten.

These are not normal numbers and need to be respected. Few have come close to doing what he's doing. Logic dictates that in a weak draft class, you take the guy doing things no one else has done in a long time.

Last year in college

Zach Edey 24.5/12.1

Tim Duncan 20.8/14.7

Holmgren averaged 14.1/9.9

Bruno 13.5/10.6

Embiid 11.2/8.1

Bam Adebeyo 13/8

Stephen Adams 7.2/6.3

You can’t ignore the fact that he does absolutely nothing a modern nba big can do.  

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You can’t ignore the fact that he does absolutely nothing a modern nba big can do.  

Actually, I can. Basketball is about finding advantages, not playing exactly like everyone else. He creates advantages, plain and simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Actually, I can. Basketball is about finding advantages, not playing exactly like everyone else. He creates advantages, plain and simple.

He creates more disadvantages for the team he is on.  His lack of switch ability on defense.  His lack of a perimeter game in offense.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He creates more disadvantages for the team he is on.  His lack of switch ability on defense.  His lack of a perimeter game in offense.  

Don't get sucked into the trap @thecampster. The tape and film says otherwise but he doesn't care 

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So the tape shows that he can play on the perimeter offensively and can switch on defense?

He's an excellent pick setter on the perimeter.

Clint can't play on the perimeter. Bruno can't play on the perimeter. OO just learned to shoot a corner 3.

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He's an excellent pick setter on the perimeter.

Clint can't play on the perimeter. Bruno can't play on the perimeter. OO just learned to shoot a corner 3.

Bruno is still a better athlete and can switch on defense.  OO is much better.  

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Okay, he is a more explosive leaper as he's more fluid. This is already noted KB. I am not you, I don't have to lie to kick it. 

I disagree on the lateral movement. Edey can move his feet when he's set and better than Rudy. It's the fluidity that's clearly different. Edey has better body control, you see it on screens and in the paint finishing around traffic than Rudy. 

Rudy obviously has the fluidity edge but Edey moves his feet straight line better and lateral better. His issue is fluidity, Rudy doesn't have an issue in any athletic area. He just isn't as athletic as Edey. 

He's NOT moving slow!

@KB21