• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its been mentioned numerous times on the tv broadcasts.

Where I live, if the Grizzlies are playing at the same time, I don’t get the hawks game.  

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

10. Atlanta Hawks: Cody Williams

Previous Mock Draft Spot: No. 5

Team: Colorado

Position: SF/PF

Size: 6'9", 190 lbs

Age/Year: 19, Freshman

Nationality: American

Pro Comparison: Jaden McDaniels

Cody Williams finished the year on a high note in a loss to Marquette, looking more aggressive with drives, hitting a three and delivering some impressive defensive sequences.

He's still clearly on the raw side, lacking polish off the dribble, showing no real pull-up game and averaging just 1.7 three-point attempts per game. But he'll remain a top-10 candidate, with the likelihood that one team covets a big, two-way wing archetype and can afford to wait on his creation and shot developing.

Even if the team that drafts him doesn't have time to wait, Williams would still have something to offer as a 6'9" driver, off-ball play-finisher and wing stopper who generally plays the right way.

21. Atlanta Hawks (via Kings): Yves Missi

Previous mock draft spot: No. 21

School: Baylor

Nationality: Cameroon

Position: C

Size: 7'0", 235 lbs

Pro comparison: Mark Williams

A quiet game in a loss to Clemson capped off a productive season of 63 dunks, interior defense and occasional face-up drives. Teams interested in adding another easy-basket target and shot-blocker will have to assess Missi versus Zach Edey, who's far more productive and skilled, but also older and less athletic/mobile.

Missi's 61.6 free-throw percentage and 13 total assists are worth thinking about, but given his tools, foot speed, coordination and leaping, it's also easy to picture his finishing, switchability and rim protection carrying over.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114308-2024-nba-mock-draft-full-2-round-predictions-ahead-of-sweet-16

I think that's the worst mock I've seen yet.  if they get 2 picks right I'll be shocked.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The problem is, the report doesn't match the data

https://tankathon.com/players/compare?players=zach-edey--nikola-vucevic--domantas-sabonis--bam-adebayo

Saying he's not a good passer when he has a 1/1 a/t ratio and his defensive metrics all say he's not a liability in space on defense just screams reaching because your eye test is ass

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is the way most see Edey.  Some on here refuse to admit his obvious limitations and where he will be a liability on the floor.  

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is the way most see Edey.  Some on here refuse to admit his obvious limitations and where he will be a liability on the floor.  

Some actually track data as well. If you aren't telling the truth, we can see it. 

17 hours ago, KB21 said:

I like this draft.  

To me that is a draft high on upside and low on on court contributions for at least a year or two.  If I was the Hawks GM I want one of those first rounders able to play from day one.  Maybe that is asking too much from this draft.  

14 minutes ago, Packfill said:

To me that is a draft high on upside and low on on court contributions for at least a year or two.  If I was the Hawks GM I want one of those first rounders able to play from day one.  Maybe that is asking too much from this draft.  

I don’t think rookies should play anyway.  

He comes to Atlanta as a back-up center.  He will not come here to be a starter but may start when we face a huge lineup.  Still, playing with the second unit, he will make himself right at home.

He's said by some to be very slow, plodding even, and we can live with this because he's talented.  He draws a lot of fouls on offense.  I wonder why?  Must be someone trying to stop him, and they can't.  He makes a good % of his free throws.  Good!

If Atlanta doesn't take him with their 1st draft pick, I fear he will be gone before their 2nd pick.  He's not the only big man in this summer's draft and I expect the Hawks to choose one of them.  

With all the injuries to both roster players and draft picks, I expect the Hawks to look much different than they did to open this season.  

:smug: