• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

[Personal shot removed]

You guys just beat the Girl Scouts record on Airplane ✈️ I.. I mean this thing is epic. :applause: And your both still standing.. kinda.. 

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

He will go much earlier than that.

His stock been going down since the end of the season and the reports are being turned in from scouts. Generally, that's a bad sign. The Athletic and DX strongly takes from GM and scouting executives. Not random regional scouts like nbadraft.net or internet scouting sites like No Ceiling. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His stock been going down since the end of the season and the reports are being turned in from scouts. Generally, that's a bad sign. The Athletic and DX strongly takes from GM and scouting executives. Not random regional scouts like nbadraft.net or internet scouting sites like No Ceiling. 

Where are they mocking Ware?

1 minute ago, AHF said:

In the 30s for now. DX has him at 30. Some teams have him in the early 2nd round. Still a lot of teams still haven't started the real evaluation process yet. They are putting it all together. 

So much of these evals is going to former programs, current programs, etc. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

In the 30s for now. DX has him at 30. Some teams have him in the early 2nd round. Still a lot of teams still haven't started the real evaluation process yet. They are putting it all together. 

So much of these evals is going to former programs, current programs, etc. 

For me, 30 is much higher than 40-55.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Same places Lively was getting mocked last year at this time.

Lively was mocked in the early 20s. He did breakthrough till early May. Lively was going up, Ware been going down. 

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

For me, 30 is much higher than 40-55.

It is. Much higher. I am saying he's going to drop after workouts

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ware isn't going down.  That's made up.  

He was literally ahead of Missi and Edey for most of the year on theathletic.com and DX till March. He was way ahead of Edey as well. Missi shot up fast and dropped, now he's stable. 

Though Kel’el Ware struggled during Indiana’s finale and loss to Nebraska, he mostly had a strong last two months in terms of scoring and impact.

Narratives that point out empty stats or low-impact production have lost steam. He delivered more consistently in one-on-one situations around the basket while also flashing bonus shotmaking touch and range that create more offensive upside.

Ware is only going to look more enticing during workouts, where his physical tools, athleticism and shooting could push teams to ignore previous questions about inconsistency or motor.

A dunk contest–worthy athlete with phenomenal size and length. He’s an eager shot blocker with excellent timing, and he has good mobility and makes quick second leaps.

Good hands catching tough passes around the rim with the coordination to pivot toward the basket and finish from difficult angles.

Shoots an easy ball from 3. He hops into his shot and cleanly transitions into his high, unblockable release. His percentages need to catch up, but his touch is a positive indicator. He shoots a high percentage on hook shots, floaters, and layups.

His combination of skills gives him great pick-and-roll potential. His high school team ran plays off the opening tip in which a player would screen for him as he’d sprint toward the basket to catch a lob.

After failing to live up to the hype as a highly sought-after recruit as a freshman at Oregon, Kel’el Ware has rehabilitated his draft stock considerably after transferring to Indiana and playing for coach Mike Woodson as a sophomore.

“Ware’s first year at Oregon, he was very soft, didn’t play hard, and didn’t say much,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “Now at Indiana, watching his film, I feel like he’s played a lot harder than he had at Oregon. He’s productive. They haven’t won much because some of the other guys they brought in haven’t worked out. Ware has held up his part of the deal and been impactful. He’s blocked shots, caught lobs, made a few shots, and shown he can step away from the basket. I think there’s some stuff there you can work with if he is a guy who’s going to play hard and become physical.”

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Very talented. He has to figure it out physically and really get a lot more aggressive but he's very talented. Where he lands will be critical. He needs a lot of patience and he's a year away from being rotational. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

1. Detroit Pistons: Alex Sarr

9. Houston Rockets (via Nets): Donovan Clingan

14. Portland Trail Blazers (via Warriors): Kyle Filipowski

18. New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers): Kel'el Ware

21. New Orleans Pelicans (via Bucks): Yves Missi

23. Phoenix Suns: Zach Edey

30. Boston Celtics: DaRon Holmes II

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116891-2024-nba-mock-draft-2-round-predictions-with-lottery-odds-set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Here’s where the experts have Ware going:

Most have Ware going past the halfway point of the first round, with CBSSports having him fall out of the top-30 entirely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here’s where the experts have Ware going:

Most have Ware going past the halfway point of the first round, with CBSSports having him fall out of the top-30 entirely.

Yeah, but these rankings don't matter unless they prove whatever point I'm trying to make.  Just the specific sites who agree with my ranking of Ware who I believe is top 10 worthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1