• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

• Moderators

8 and 41 is a big range.  The ones Jay cited were much tighter.  But this is a draft where I do think a lot of players could go in a much larger range than usual so a guy with good tools and lesser production seems to be perfect for going earlier or dropping.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

40th best prospect overall and is in the third tier.  

Thanks.  I read the earlier comment as 2.11 meaning pick 11 in round 2.  3.40 offered no such translation so I knew I must be off base.  Those must be some big tiers if you are only in T3 at pick 40.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thanks.  I read the earlier comment as 2.11 meaning pick 11 in round 2.  3.40 offered no such translation so I knew I must be off base.  Those must be some big tiers if you are only in T3 at pick 40.

He only has 2 players in tier 1.  Sarr and Topic.  Tier 2 starts with his 3rd player.  

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He only has 2 players in tier 1.  Sarr and Topic.  Tier 2 starts with his 3rd player.  

Tiers 2 and 3 must be huge if they encompass at least 38 players.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Tier 2 is from 3-15.  Tier 3 is 16-45

I would call those huge when tier 2 is the #3 pick and extends out of the lottery and T3 is ginormous.

• Premium Member

I didn't want Kel'el Ware as the center for this team cause I like centers that have edge to them and in my opinion he doesn't have enough to be the last line of defense for this team. Say what you want about Capela, but he has that dawg in him.

OO is great as a one on one defender and improved his scoring this season, but his size/length doesn't pack the paint. One of the things we took for granted from John Collins was his secondary rim protection that he provided. Once opposing players got past the three point line, it would place tons of pressure on the center to clean it all up, and thats when JC would cover the gaps.

If you look at this current roster this season, the only pf that can bring some of that was Mouhamed Gueye and he's raw right now. JJ is more of a roamer/team defender and Saddiq Bey was embarrassing. 

I say all that to make the point that Kel'el ware makes sense if you pair him with OO in the front court instead of replacing him. They cover each others weak areas pretty well.

• OO although increasing his range, is still more comfortable closer to the basket and isn't a true stretch 5 yet, Ware shot 42% from three last year.
  • Ware has a 7ft7 wingspan that makes up for OO's lack of size
  • OO makes up for Ware's lack of toughness and can gaurd the one on one matchups.

If you think JJ can slide down to the three then to me this is where you can get alot of value. Trae finally gets a stretch 5, the team can actually run a 5 out lineup that doesn't have them sacrificing defense for offense, we can run a dual rim protecting front court that is also mobile and athletic enough to not sacrifice too much in the perimeter. Think of pairngs like KAT/Gobert, Mobely/Allen, and Giannis/Lopez.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aali34 said:

I didn't want Kel'el Ware as the center for this team cause I like centers that have edge to them and in my opinion he doesn't have enough to be the last line of defense for this team. Say what you want about Capela, but he has that dawg in him.

OO is great as a one on one defender and improved his scoring this season, but his size/length doesn't pack the paint. One of the things we took for granted from John Collins was his secondary rim protection that he provided. Once opposing players got past the three point line, it would place tons of pressure on the center to clean it all up, and thats when JC would cover the gaps.

If you look at this current roster this season, the only pf that can bring some of that was Mouhamed Gueye and he's raw right now. JJ is more of a roamer/team defender and Saddiq Bey was embarrassing. 

I say all that to make the point that Kel'el ware makes sense if you pair him with OO in the front court instead of replacing him. They cover each others weak areas pretty well.

• OO although increasing his range, is still more comfortable closer to the basket and isn't a true stretch 5 yet, Ware shot 42% from three last year.
  • Ware has a 7ft7 wingspan that makes up for OO's lack of size
  • OO makes up for Ware's lack of toughness and can gaurd the one on one matchups.

If you think JJ can slide down to the three then to me this is where you can get alot of value. Trae finally gets a stretch 5, the team can actually run a 5 out lineup that doesn't have them sacrificing defense for offense, we can run a dual rim protecting front court that is also mobile and athletic enough to not sacrifice too much in the perimeter. Think of pairngs like KAT/Gobert, Mobely/Allen, and Giannis/Lopez.

This is actually a decent plan.  Much better than the trade OO and draft a 7 foot stiff that some others have promoted.  

• Like 1