• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

Yep.  I posted that on the previous page.  I’ll be very surprised if Castle is available at 10.  

For the Hawks in particular, the only player that I’d rate above him is Donovan Clingan, and that’s only a maybe.  I have some doubts about Clingan and some slow footedness, but he’s also the only true center prospect that I feel can actually defend in the NBA now.  

I think Castle is the better player overall.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah, IMO Castle is the guy if he is there at your pick and Risacher, Sheppard, and Sarr aren't there

I like him but if we're getting back Dyson in a DJ deal, and we have Kobe, Bogi.... seems we still have the crowded back court minutes issue. He's versatile enough though to where he doesn't compound it too bad. 

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  I posted that on the previous page.  I’ll be very surprised if Castle is available at 10.  

For the Hawks in particular, the only player that I’d rate above him is Donovan Clingan, and that’s only a maybe.  I have some doubts about Clingan and some slow footedness, but he’s also the only true center prospect that I feel can actually defend in the NBA now.  

I think Castle is the better player overall.  

Whose better him or Jakob Poetle?

Manifesting good vibes for a top 3 pick today. I'm hoping we stack our roster with lengthy wings... 

Time to revive the BILLY KNIGHT MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This mock has Castle at #3 https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-uconns-stephon-castle-makes-big-jump-after-strong-ncaa-tournament/

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

Simply based on the scouting reports of others, here are (8) players that intrigue me (not just at #10):

Matas Buzelis
Reed Sheppard (his jumper reminds me of Mark Price)
Cody Williams

Zaccharie Risacher

Ja’Kobe Walter
Pacome Dadiet

Tristan Da Silva

Mark Sears

Each seems to be versatile and/or possesses high-level intangibles/competitiveness…most have defensive capability/potential. 

Edited by Hawkish

1) getting #1 has opened so many doors. I hope we explore all options. If I had to make a pick right now - I’m taking the upside in Sarr. You have to go highest upside at #1 imo. And even if his offense doesn’t come around - I’m looking at a guy who will hopefully wreak defensive havoc like JIsaac. 

2) if we end up trading Murray and end up with a pick towards the back half of round 1 I hope we take a strong look at Jalen Bridges out of Baylor. I think he deserves to go backend of R1/early R2. Potential to be a great glue guy that could play off Trae a la a DFS type. 

• Moderators
Just now, h4wkfan said:

2) if we end up trading Murray and end up with a pick towards the back half of round 1 I hope we take a strong look at Jalen Bridges out of Baylor. I think he deserves to go backend of R1/early R2. Potential to be a great glue guy that could play off Trae a la a DFS type. 

You have to get more than that for Murray but I could see a pick being involved so carry on.  Haven't looked into Bridges at all.  Just what I saw in the minutes of tourney time I watched Baylor.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have to get more than that for Murray but I could see a pick being involved so carry on.  Haven't looked into Bridges at all.  Just what I saw in the minutes of tourney time I watched Baylor.

Agreed. I was just going off the concept someone posted of BI/Daniels/#21  (i still really don’t want Ingram). 21 is probably rich for Bridges - but that was the idea. 

and I’m thinking I’m more sold on Sarr than ever since I realized his brother is in the NBA and isn’t great. You know my opinions there from the Williams bros … 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry if this has been posted. 

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/2024-nba-mock-draft-v6

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

#1. ATLANTA HAWKS - Alexandre Sarr, F/C, Perth Wildcats

• Profile: 7’1”, 217

• Year: 2005 Born (18)

• 9.6 PTS, 4.5 REB, 1.0 AST, 0.4 STL, 1.5 BLK

• 50.0 FG%, 27.6 3P%, 70.7 FT%

The Atlanta Hawks were the biggest winners of the lottery after jumping from #10 to #1. While this class may not have a consensus top pick as we’ve seen in previous years, Alexandre Sarr has been consistently at or near the top of most boards all season. Sarr’s combination of physical tools, defensive versatility, and offensive upside make him one of the most intriguing prospects in this class. 

With these lottery results, the Hawks can go in a myriad of directions. If they do decide to move Trae Young and/or Dejounte Murray, they can bring in a ton of assets to build around Sarr going forward. If they decide to run it back, though, Sarr is a fantastic complement to either guard. He provides a ton of versatility out of the pick-and-roll with his shooting upside, midrange scoring, and athleticism. He has also shown stretches of dynamic shot creation and playmaking upside. Defensively, though, Sarr’s upside is astronomical.

He doesn’t have the bulk of traditional centers, which has led some to think he could play as a power forward, but his competitiveness, physical tools, and versatility make him one of the best defenders in this class. Regardless of what the Hawks decide to do with their roster construction, Sarr provides long-term upside, immediate production, and roster versatility.