• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Explain it to me....

Diesel

• Premium Member

image.png

image.png

Help me to understand why some of you want to trade away DJ Murray for OG Anunoby when DJ does EVERYTHING better than OG.   And OG would be a rental.  This is what I mean when I say that the fanbase is impatient and sees only what it wants to see... UNLESS it's just a bunch of OG fanboys here. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

image.png

Help me to understand why some of you want to trade away DJ Murray for OG Anunoby when DJ does EVERYTHING better than OG.   And OG would be a rental.  This is what I mean when I say that the fanbase is impatient and sees only what it wants to see... UNLESS it's just a bunch of OG fanboys here. 

OG is much bigger and a much better defender. I'd rather trade hunter for him though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

OG is much bigger and a much better defender. I'd rather trade hunter for him though. 

He's a better defender like Dre Hunter?  Where's the impact?  BPM says... he's worse.  VORP says he's worse. DWS says he's "Slightly" better.  Sounds like fanboy stuff to me.   All that size and you only have slightly better defense and much worse offense.  The offensive loss is going to be huge.   That's a Hell to the NAWL... .especially for a rental.   IF Siakam and OG are so great, why are the Raptors losing?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

image.png

image.png

OG helps at a position of need buuutttt ...

- No one that wants him can explain how we navigate (a) his contract demands and (b) the fact that he apparently wants to be a bigger part of the offense despite not having the game to justify it.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I think when people talk about moving DJ for OG.. they think that bigger is better and they must think that playing beside Trae is going to make him great.   He played beside Van Vleet.  He has played beside Lowry.   In all his years of averaging over 30 mpg, he has yet to come close to what DJ did what us offensively last year.   And DJ's efficiency and 3pt shooting has gone up this year. 

Whatever slight gain you get on defense (we're not talking championship Klay here) you are going to lose on offense. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

OG helps at a position of need buuutttt ...

- No one that wants him can explain how we navigate (a) his contract demands and (b) the fact that he apparently wants to be a bigger part of the offense despite not having the game to justify it.

$42 million minimum would be his first year salary compared to DJ at $27 million....that's a $15 million difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1