• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day.... It must be asked....

Diesel

One more item.  What makes the Hawks look particularly bad is the fact that the ENTIRE Western Conference has flipped.  The traditional cellar dwellers ( Timberwolves, Nuggets, Thunder, Kings, Pelicans, and Rockets) have figured it out and pushed the big boys to the bottom: Spurs, Lakers, Warriors, Jazz, Trailblazers) while the Hawks just keep being the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

One more item.  What makes the Hawks look particularly bad is the fact that the ENTIRE Western Conference has flipped.  The traditional cellar dwellers ( Timberwolves, Nuggets, Thunder, Kings, Pelicans, and Rockets) have figured it out and pushed the big boys to the bottom: Spurs, Lakers, Warriors, Jazz, Trailblazers) while the Hawks just keep being the Hawks.

But we're in the East.   What happens in the West has very little effect in the East.  

But for grins... Let's look at the Timberwolves. 

They were trash last season.   Everybody talked about Gobert and KAT not meshing well.   People were begging the team to trade one or the other...  DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR??  They stayed the course... and look now.  Best in the West. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But we're in the East.   What happens in the West has very little effect in the East.  

But for grins... Let's look at the Timberwolves. 

They were trash last season.   Everybody talked about Gobert and KAT not meshing well.   People were begging the team to trade one or the other...  DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR??  They stayed the course... and look now.  Best in the West. 

Thats the problem.  The GOAL is supposed to be NBA Championships. To do that you got to win the East AND beat the best team in the West. Also, the last time I checked, the Hawks have to play teams in the Western Conference every season.  The Hawks can't even tame the East.  Its been that way the ENTIRE time they have been in Atlanta but Ted Turner had the team headed in the right direction until he sold the team. The team is a joke. Its about filling seats and increasing the value of the franchise, not championships.  They gonna get a new mixed use complex right next to the arena.  I barely even come on this board anymore.  The entire thing is a joke.  It ain't about real basketball.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimeHawk said:

we have flipped almost the entire roster putting pieces around Young. We have gotten worse. Lets put the blame on the coach though .....

Don't forget they flipped a GM and two head coaches and working on flipping the third... I guess as long as they can do "the ice trae" in the stands, everything is good in the ATL...

charles-barkley-laugh.gif

EH437PgXUAIaHhH.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, OldTimeHawk said:

we have flipped almost the entire roster putting pieces around Young  trying to stay under the tax.... We have gotten worse. Lets put the blame on the coach though .....

Firstly, I fixed that for you. 

Second.   like it or not, we have to win the winnable games. This coach is in control of that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats the problem.  The GOAL is supposed to be NBA Championships. To do that you got to win the East AND beat the best team in the West. Also, the last time I checked, the Hawks have to play teams in the Western Conference every season.  The Hawks can't even tame the East.  Its been that way the ENTIRE time they have been in Atlanta but Ted Turner had the team headed in the right direction until he sold the team. The team is a joke. Its about filling seats and increasing the value of the franchise, not championships.  They gonna get a new mixed use complex right next to the arena.  I barely even come on this board anymore.  The entire thing is a joke.  It ain't about real basketball.

One still has very little to do with the other.  You can be bad in the West, make a few roster changes and then become a good team in the West.   But since you have this East West love... whynot just focus on the East as a Whole?

This is the East right now..

image.pngimage.png

Take a look at the east.   Nobody has cracked that top 3.  There was no flip flop.   The only thing that really happened was Orlando has made it's way into the top 5 from what was 13.  Jokers got healthy.  Rookies got better.  Development under Mordo

image.png

Like I said.. The West and the East are different. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

One still has very little to do with the other.  You can be bad in the West, make a few roster changes and then become a good team in the West.   But since you have this East West love... whynot just focus on the East as a Whole?

This is the East right now..

image.pngimage.png

Take a look at the east.   Nobody has cracked that top 3.  There was no flip flop.   The only thing that really happened was Orlando has made it's way into the top 5 from what was 13.  Jokers got healthy.  Rookies got better.  Development under Mordo

image.png

Like I said.. The West and the East are different. 

You right.  The Hawks can't even win the East, so forget the West.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Did we err in hiring Snyder?  Should we have hired Ime Udoka?

I think you gotta look at the past several GMs.   Flops all of them. Now you have one that is on the job training. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think you gotta look at the past several GMs.   Flops all of them. Now you have one that is on the job training. 

The trickle down effect of front office instability- IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING preventing us from taking the next seamless step. Lots of fits and starts.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

To be the best you got to beat the best, East or West.

That's some incoherent Ric Flair s---.   Doesn't apply.    If there are 5 really tough teams in the East and the West is a Cake Walk until you get to the WCF...   Does what happens in the West change anything about the road in the East?  I mean, you have argued this over 4 posts now.  Don't you understand.. The road in the East is not affected by the West.   The top 3 in the East has been the top 3 .... You get turnover every year in the West... that's not high level parity my friend.  That's weakness.  And most importantly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the East. Gosh man.

Quin has a track record of being one of the best coaches in the NBA.  We're not even a full year in under his leadership yet.  Give the man some time to work his magic before bringing out the pitchforks.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's some incoherent Ric Flair s---.   Doesn't apply.    If there are 5 really tough teams in the East and the West is a Cake Walk until you get to the WCF...   Does what happens in the West change anything about the road in the East?  I mean, you have argued this over 4 posts now.  Don't you understand.. The road in the East is not affected by the West.   The top 3 in the East has been the top 3 .... You get turnover every year in the West... that's not high level parity my friend.  That's weakness.  And most importantly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the East. Gosh man.

You just will not stop, lmao

• Premium Member

Lol Quin is a pretty proven coach, especially when it comes to regular season success.  He’s probably dead last in terms of who to blame btwn players, coach, FO, and ownership.  I know arm chair coaching is part of the fun here, but I think I trust Quin more than people’s suggestions from this board on how to coach the team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Lol Quin is a pretty proven coach, especially when it comes to regular season success.  He’s probably dead last in terms of who to blame btwn players, coach, FO, and ownership.  I know arm chair coaching is part of the fun here, but I think I trust Quin more than people’s suggestions from this board on how to coach the team.

Proven coach with Gobert anchoring your defense.   And shooters like Mitchell and MCJ. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Give the man some time to work his magic before bringing out the pitchforks.

I wholeheartedly agree with giving him time to get his system in place.   BUT...  The Garrison Matthews and refusal of playing the Big unit are big question marks.  An Old man, not named Lebron, just pulled down 25 rebounds and we didn't reach for our big lineup once.   Just had to watch OO out there taken it...