• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day.... It must be asked....

Diesel

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Proven coach with Gobert anchoring your defense.   And shooters like Mitchell and MCJ. 

The guys you are listing praise Snyder and love him lol… you should just delete this thread.  Its not going to age well.

9 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Quin has a track record of being one of the best coaches in the NBA.  We're not even a full year in under his leadership yet.  Give the man some time to work his magic before bringing out the pitchforks.

Quin currently has a worst winning % than Nate and Larry Drew as the coach of the Hawks.

Woody in his last 3 seasons has a higher win% than Quin.

What is this "Quin Magic" that you speak of?

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Quin currently has a worst winning % than Nate and Larry Drew as the coach of the Hawks.

Woody in his last 3 seasons has a higher win% than Quin.

What is this "Quin Magic" that you speak of?

This is the Quin magic I speak of.  A cumulative .623 win% over a 6 year span in Utah once the players had sufficient time to learn his system.  That is pretty damn good in a city that's not exactly a top tier NBA free agent destination.  Yet you want to throw all that out the window and judge him on his first 30 game stretch with the Hawks?? (and no, I'm not counting last year when he had Nate's staff and running Nate's systems).  We're not even halfway through his first season with the Hawks for crying out loud!

image.png.fb45d0083c6f6331aef7ca22f1f2314c.png

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

The guys you are listing praise Snyder and love him lol… you should just delete this thread.  Its not going to age well.

So, what you're saying is that Snyder can make our defense just as effective as UTAH defense without Gobert... because the guys that I mentioned praise Snyder??

Notice, I am not saying that Snyder is a bad coach.   I'm saying that when you have the three time defensive player of the year anchoring your defense, it's easier to be a good coach.

Where is your logic??

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

No

Love the noncommittal commitment. 

Let me say the one thing.

I think Udoka would have established a great defensive identity for this team.  Especially having Clint and DJ.  But.. I don't know if he could have gotten buy in from Trae. 

I'm leaning towards Snyder is the right guy for the job.   But he has to make good personnel use decisions.   And Fields got to give him good players. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Love the noncommittal commitment. 

Let me say the one thing.

I think Udoka would have established a great defensive identity for this team.  Especially having Clint and DJ.  But.. I don't know if he could have gotten buy in from Trae. 

I'm leaning towards Snyder is the right guy for the job.   But he has to make good personnel use decisions.   And Fields got to give him good players. 

This seems like the right time to bring up a sensitive topic regarding Landry/Korver.  We know they talk about getting players with character.  Which is fine.  Other GMs have done that.  But I'm more than a little concerned that they weigh character, and a certain kind of character, too highly in selecting players and coaches.  Hopefully i'm wrong but i think they didn't consider Udoka for one second and you're right they probably should have.  I'm fine with Quin.  I think he'll be good but we have to get talent. 

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So, what you're saying is that Snyder can make our defense just as effective as UTAH defense without Gobert...

Huh?  Please quote where I said that.  Why are you making wild leaps in logic?

Our roster does not have enough talent.  That has nothing to do with Snyder -- this conversation is quite simple.  You can take any hall of fame coach throughout history and put them on the sidelines for this squad and we're not a good team.  Tough to even judge a coach when the front office does not put talent on the floor.  Monty Williams just won coach of the year and now he has 2 wins and the longest losing streak in NBA history.  You think he's the problem in Detroit too?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Huh?  Please quote where I said that.  Why are you making wild leaps in logic?

Our roster does not have enough talent.  That has nothing to do with Snyder -- this conversation is quite simple.  You can take any hall of fame coach throughout history and put them on the sidelines for this squad and we're not a good team.  Tough to even judge a coach when the front office does not put talent on the floor.  Monty Williams just won coach of the year and now he has 2 wins and the longest losing streak in NBA history.  You think he's the problem in Detroit too?

Before we move on to tangential topics...  You responded to a specific post that I made concerning Snyder being a proven coach.   Notice what I said and notice your retort. 

image.png

My point was that Snyder was good/proven because he had top talent.   when you made your statement, especially the part where you said I "should just delete this thread.  It's not going to age well."   It was in reference to the comment I made that you quoted and not the thread.   So therefore, it seems as if you're saying that Quin can build championship defenses without Gobert and Great offense without great shooter... because  They all praise Snyder. 

I take it that you retract. 

Now on to the tangential point.   True, you can put any Hall of Fame coach on the Hawks sideline and they will lose similarly to Quin.. That has not been the issue.  The issue that I and others raise (using your analogy) is how many of those Hall of fame coaches would have continued to play Garrison and Wes when Drummond is going for a career number of rebounds?  Which of those Hall of fame coaches would have chosen to not put some size on the floor? We do lack talent but Bruno can't be so bad that you would rather play a 6'5" 195 guy instead of him.   That's the one complaint about Quin.  Not that he's not proven or even that he's a bad coach.  The question is why doesn't he attempt to play players that seem like they would be better options than what he plays.

I listened to all the slander last year about how Nate doesn't play rookies over vets (even though AJ was getting steady minutes).... Only to see AJ benched and Wes and Garrison playing 18+ minutes per game under Quin.  Where are all the people who slandered Nate for only playing vets now?

Right now, Nate is somewhere...

icegif-2282.gif